Sunday, April 13, 2008

~ Perfect Day ~

DsDesignsPerfectDay.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Before I get into my day, I want to tell you about a little project Ste has in mind.  I know you all remember Ste.  If you don't remember, or have never stopped by, please do, you won't be sorry.   He is looking for JLanders to help him out.  I thought it was great idea.  We need some spice, some fun, some happiness.  Being the creative soul he is I think he found something, better yet I know he has!  I will let him explain......

 

My day was not completely perfect.  I woke up to snow flakes falling and a trail of white on the grass.   I know I groaned right out loud.   Before I could finish my first cup of coffee it had stopped and what was on the ground had melted.  YEAH!!   The sun came out and it looked like the day was going to be gorgeous.  A bit chilly but gorgeous.   About 45 minutes later it hit.  I laughed right out loud.   Though my dad is doing great, he really isn't driving.  My mother has been doing all that work :)  A little secret about my mother.  She will not drive in snow.  Never has, and I know never will.   Today there was a mass for my sister at a church near their home.   Pat, knowing that if my mom didn't get there she would be upset, did her magic and had the snow stop.  I just know it was her!  The mass was very nice.  Family and a few friends were there.  I cried of course.  I tried so hard not to, but the tears welled up and ran down my cheeks.  I miss her more then I could ever put into words. 

 

I got some pictures today and it made me happy.  Signs of spring!!  A robin on my front lawn, buds in the trees, and looky here a budding flower of some sort in the garden.  LOL  I have no idea what it is.  We'll have to wait until it blooms. 

 

Yesterday I did pretty good on my shopping trip.  I got two new outfits.   I really wanted a couple pair of pants, and I did just a bit better.  That with what I have may just carry me thru until I can wear my Capri's.  Lets hope so.

 

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Ohhhhhhhhhhhh and HEY......... STOP HERE!!!   :::giggle:::

 

Hugs

~d

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, I love your photo's.  I sound like a broken record huh.  I'm glad the snow stopped before it did anything and you (and your mom) got to go to the memorial mass for you sister.  I know you miss her D.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you dad's doing better, and that the sun shined for you all today thanks to your sister, when Visit my mum at the cemetary the sun always shines and I like to think she's smiling down at me, it's such a good feeling. As always great photo's.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I cheked out Ste's journal. Sounds interesting.
Glad you got to attend Mass, I know it was important to you that your Mom got to attend also. Time Heals All Wounds does not also seem true, does it ?
The picture is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Donna, nice to hear your dad is doing better, I know your sister is still with you and looking out for you, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi d
What a beautiful tag!
I know what you mean about missing your sister. I still miss both my parents like it was yesterday.
I was finally able to get out in my yard to do some yard work today. It was almost 70 today. A week ago today we had two inches of snow. Crazy weather.
Hope you have a great week!
Hugs~Mary

Oh and your postcard is great!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture Donna! I'm glad the service for your sister was nice and that the snow stopped for your Mom....Pat was definitely involved in that one!! I can only imagine how sad you were, and how very much you miss her, I wish I could give you a hug to tell you how much I care that you hurt. I'm glad that there were signs of spring, and you know what? I bet Pat knew you'd be sad today, so she had something to do with that too, just a little something to bring a smile to her dear sister, whom she misses just as much.

Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day .....hopefully this will be the last of your snow.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! Love you!

XX,
Win =.)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I too do not have a microphone.!!!!!
Spring is certainly taking it's time this year.
Love your Robin.
Wish I could do something to ease your pain.
Sending big hugs your way.
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

I woke up to the same thing!  I was so unhappy about it!  I even had clean off the windows of the car to go to church. Yuck.  The service sounds wonderful.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I signed up to Steves project ,he has given me my three words to practise lol ,and I cant even sing lol ,but Im sure he'll make me sound good hee hee ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you went to the mass......huge hugs for you my friend.....it is chilly here too.....supposedly after dipping into the 20's tonight we will then have a heat wave. Love your photo collage.
XOOX

Anonymous said...

Very nice picture hun i always read but sometimes fail to comment  so sorry will try to do better Love Mammaw

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collage of photos!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture collage. Glad to here you had a good day. We had a good day yesturday, took the kids to the river. It was 92 degrees! Hot! So they swam (in the COLD river , I dare not enter, lol) & we bar-b-q'd. So it was a nice weekend. Wish it wasn't over, lol!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!  I'm glad the snow stopped for your sister's memorial.
Missie

Anonymous said...

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))I alreay was there yesterday at Stevies place.I am glad your Dad is doing well.Have a nice week.

Anonymous said...

Hey hun, *hugs* Hope ur having a good day and hope its wamrmng up a bit. We actually got some nice, cool weather for the next 2 days here. Rare for here this time of yr im so happy, lol. Wow thats crazy it still snowing there. U got some awesome pics as always though hun. If i can say i so agree with u about ur sister. I truly believe that was her too who stopped the snow so ur mom could drive out there. Thats good that ur mom got to go, u all did. I can imagine so it is still emotional. Ur always going to feel the loss and miss her dearly, *hugs* I wish i had better words of comfort for u hun. Yes definetly the sings of spring. Agian great pics. Oh the last entry thats neat. The postcard thing. I like what u did pretty funny. Glad u could make it to the store and get urself some capris. I know u dont like shopping much. My mom has that in common with u trust me, lol. ttys dear have a good rest of day :) xo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

I should have read this entry first. Yes he had a good idea.

Sunny

Anonymous said...

hi donna, ste's idea is a good one, shame i don't have a mic! glad your shopping trip went well. take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great day and that you have a lot of happiness in your heart.  That is exactly what you need always. : )  Here's hoping that your Monday was almost as good.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I've never met Ste...I'll check him out : )  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Glad the memorial service went well xx  

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Glad mass went well for your sister, I'm like your mother..I never drive in snow...and probably never will...unless i have to...hehe  I'm chicken =)

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Great photo....glad you go what you wanted from the shops.

I guess your sis was conjuring up her magic stopping the snow and enabling people to be there.

hugs Jayne