Friday, April 4, 2008

~ Duck, Duck, Goose ~

DsDesignsDuckDuckGoose2.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


So today was fairly warm, but it pretty much rained all day.  Boy did the weathermen get that wrong.  They predicted it would get sunny out.  :::cough cough::: When will I learn not to listen!?!   The other day I had scheduled myself to leave early today.  Oh how I love those 2 hour passes!!!  I thought I could get outside and get some shots and play with my new lens.  For those that asked, it really isn't anything fancy, it's just a telephoto.   Ok, so maybe not 'just', but from some of the mails I got it appeared folks thought I had some fancy dancy camera.  I don't.  LOL  

 

So anyway, it's a down pour when I leave work.  Damn it!   Not like I can get much playing done in the rain, but I hated to waste the time off.  I decided to take a run to the Botanical Gardens.   On a nice day the park setting is a wonderful place to snap some shots.  On a shitty day, well you go inside and get shots.  LOL    When I pulled in to park, the 'birds' didn't mind the rain.  I sat in my car, put down the window and took shots from the comfort of my dry car.  I can't say the same for these critters.  You can rest assured I will go back and get more, but I thought these came out pretty good even though the rain was coming down.  I love how you can see the drops hanging on the branches in the last one. 

 

Inside was gorgeous.  Warm and humid.  The smell of flowers was to die for!   It actually made me feel good and put me in a much better mood.  Not that I was shocked by the outcome, but my boys lost last night and ended their chance at the playoffs.  It would have been a shock had they made it, but still we all hoped.   They have one more game tomorrow and then the season comes to an end for them.  An early trip to their hometown, or the golf course.  They pick.   I will still be in front of the TV watching.  LOL   I just haven't decided who I will cheer for.  I know who I won't be cheering for, that is for sure!  ::evil grin::

 

Ok, off to play with a few more photo's and probably a tag request.  We'll see how the evening pans out.  I do hope everyone had a great Friday.   Should I believe the forecast?   They 60 and sunny on Sunday. 

 

Hugs

~d

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

No dont believe the forecast they are never right! I love the pics! Lainey xxx

Anonymous said...

More like Duck, Duck GEESE!  Ü
Love it~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics that you took! Keep dry... (((HUGS))) -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics.
Thanks for sharing.
Linda/llbrown247

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy weekend to you Donna.  Your pictures are great.  I love ducks and the Canada Geese are great.  You can also see the rain on the duck in the first shot.  Exellent.  Enjoy your weekend and I hope you have great weather.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great. I see more snow is melting away. I finally broke down and ordered myself a new telephoto lens this week. It will probably be next Monday before it gets here. Love those lens.
Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

If you look closely, you can see the rain in all the photos...but if you hadn't mentioned it, I probably wouldn't have noticed.  LOL

Great photos though.  :)

I'm sorry about your boys....but there's always next year!  

We're supposed to have a nice weekend here too...but like you, I'll believe it when I see it.  ;)

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I love the shot of the duck.  Mallard's are so pretty.  You should learn to never listen to the weatherman!  LOL  Have a happy weekend. Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Donna, good photos, you got some nice shots for your first time with the new lens.
How about the Flyers if they get lucky enough to get into the playoffs. Bill

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww love the ducks Donna, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

... nice pictures ... they look like they are ready for the spring time ..!

Anonymous said...

Love the ducks!  There is a story on the news about a Duck that had someone to get it and the courts gave it an order of protection!  I have to see if I can get the whole story.

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. The weatherman says we'll get the same weather here tomorrow. We'll see the last two days it has flooded my county and surrounding ones also.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

love the photo's. lately with this crazy weather i wouldn't believe it til i see it, lol. have a great weekend. (((((hugs)))))))
Love,
Cindy xoxo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

well they it's nice weather for Ducks the rain that is, and it's least it's not snowing, thats got to be better, again great shots I haven't been to a Botanical Garden in years, we have a place called Kew Gardens here and it takes a day to walk around it.

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Beatuiful pictures ...thank you for sharing these with us.

Have a great weekend.

Mari

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great pictures d !  Sorry the boys lost.
Have A Great Weekend! Hope you get your sunny and 60.
They are calling for rain and snow here. Yuck!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

So sorry your boys lost.  They can come to Toronto and go golfing with my boys, they also are out, lol.  Your photos always amaze me Donna.  These should be in a magazine for everyone to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Spring has been really slow in getting settled here.  I love canadian geese...especially when they fly overhead and sing those sweet honks.

xxx
Russ

Anonymous said...

well its sunny and freezing here so the sun is fooling me until i step outside and have to turn around and try it again. Tonight was pretty warm not to cold and then it started raining and the warmth went away.

Anonymous said...

Great pics again.......... you would never know they were taken from the cat
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

Ok................ rephrase that Jayne....... not the cat...........lol....but the car

Anonymous said...

Donna
Very nice shots, indeed!  I'm glad you're having fun with your new lens.  Sorry the boys lost, I know it does not come as a surprise, but I also know you must be disappointed.  Looking forward to more photographic goodies from you.
Sam

Anonymous said...

My 1st thought was "Wow...great lens" then "I need one of those"

hehe

sorry about the boys.

Have a great Saturday.

Michele

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))Theese are just beatiful shot.That must be a good camra.You take good shots.Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Great shots again Donna! Sorry the weather wasn't too good, I'm glad you never let it put you off! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Fab shots Donna :o)  Thanks for sharing them with us xx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Love the geese!!
Sounds like you had a great day.
They've forcast snow for us tomorrow.  We did have a bit of sleet today and some hail.!!!
Sorry to hear about your boys!!!
Hugs
Carolxx

Anonymous said...

You're pictures are gorgeous!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely pictures----now did u send the cold weather my way lol---enjoy that sunshine!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! My favorite is the first one where he is swimming because you can see the rain hitting his back.....very cool!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Great pics Donna!!!!

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

we have geese in a few of our city parks where they have lagoons with water. When i was little they had paddle boats we could ride. I LOVE your pics here. Gorgeous.
LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

i don't like ducks...... :( one bit my mom and injured her seriously... she was in the hospital... :(

Anonymous said...

great shots, sounds like a lovely place even in the rain!! take care mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/

Anonymous said...

You describe things so well ,'rain drops on the trees 'yes I see them ,and the pictures are so  good too ,pleased you shared the results of your new lense ..love Jan xx