Saturday, November 19, 2005

Changes........

                          


Ironic that it wasn't that long ago that I made an entry about change and choices, and here we are.  This week has been full of choices and changes.   


It's been extremely quiet and as I read journals, I see some have gone, some have not decided, and some have decided to stay (here or in the UK).  It saddens me to think that the ads are ripping the community apart.   


Tilly had it right in her journal, yet I hear so many have drawn lines in the sand.  I've read about emails and comments going out to those that have decided to stay.  Nasty, nasty, to those that they called friends before.  It is truly sad, and breaks my heart as well.   


I hope emotions towards the members of this community will settle down a bit and everyone will let everyone live with the choices made and continue the friendships that have begun.   


Even with the changes and the choices we are only a click away.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic depicting the seasons ,yes Iagree ,life is full of decisions,without more being forced on us              Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It's sad how people turn on each other. We all have the right to decide for ourselves if we want to stay on the journals or go to another site. Most people have hidden the banners, wonder if the advertisers know they are paying good money to AOL and not getting their adverts on screen!! Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/

Anonymous said...

Things will settle down. This community is still very much in tact. True friends would follow each other anywhere, especially when it's as easy as a click! Maybe all that's happening is that people are finding out who their true friends are and that can only be good, right?

Hugs,
Tilly x

Anonymous said...

I think you must continue to whrite and put the nice pictures !
here is cold today near Paris.
good day !
clem.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!
http://deabvt.blogspot.com/
V

Anonymous said...

Love your window seasons graphic. yes, I agree the choice should be left to each person as to what they do and where they go. Everyone should remain friends reguardless. helen

Anonymous said...

" I've read about emails and comments going out to those that have decided to stay.  Nasty."

We all have our choices and I can see the situation from both angles but not regarding e-mails and comments. That's where I draw the line. Those kinds of people are not going to get a Christmas present from ME this year. LOL

I don't like the banners either but I haven't made a firm decision yet. When I do, I'll consider it MY decision and not encourage anyone else to agree with me. I don't pay their bills and they don't pay mine.

This is beginning to remind me of a labor strike, where if you go to work the one's on strike will beat you up. So, it's basically a CONTROL ISSUE and that sux.

I love the graphic.
Dianna  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am hoping things calm down too.  I am still here, not leaving.  I am comfortable with the AOL journals.  I think it's wrong of the people that have left AOL to harrass others that have decided to stay though.  :(
Hugs and love,
Lisa