Thursday, November 24, 2005

Who needs words?

      


No need to use words to describe dinner today, the picture says it all!  My great niece enjoying the whipped cream from the pie.   


My day was wonderful.  Nothing like spending the day with good friends, family, and great food.  Everything went without a hitch, but then again it always does when Mom puts it together.  And even if it hadn't, who cares?  It was a day to be thankful for what we have and we were all together.  There was football games, good conversation and lots to eat.  Snacks before dinner, our family tradition of whiskey sours, a 2 & 6 year old for additional entertainment.  Turkey - regular and smoked, stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, squash, rolls, a full relish tray, cranberries & raspberries - a homemade mix.  Lets not forget all the desserts.  Apple, pumpkin, and chocolate pie.  A cheesecake to die for.  Pumpkin cheesecake with a pecan maple glaze.  Who could ask for more?  I am thankful and FULL!  


It hasn't snowed here like they predicted.  It is snowing a bit further south and the dark sky in that direction all day was evidence of that.  With the winds we are getting I can only imagine it must be like blizzard conditions with snow falling.  The lake has waves like the ocean.  There is still a chance it could move to my neck of the woods, but I am good.  I am off until Tuesday!  Yeehaaw!  I will tell you this, it is bitter out there!  


I hope everyone's day was wonderful no matter how you spent it or how you celebrated.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like enjoying pie all over your face!  YUMMY!!  Sounds like a great day!  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That pic. is too cute!
Cristina
http://journals.aol.com/kiplingcrissy/singlemomsjourney

Anonymous said...

Your great niece seems to be getting into the spirit of Thanksgiving day!! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves, next stop Christmas!! We have those high winds too, and freezing cold. Keep warm. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Ah waht a picture! So glad you had a good time and thanks for the song - I love that one!

Tilly x

Anonymous said...

We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday!  My new car drove through it like a trooper.  Sounds like your day was great!  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna
What a great time it sounds like you all have every Thanksgiving.  I'm glad your holiday meal was a sucess.  We had a great feast here, surved as soon as i got off work at 4pm.  My mean boss made us stay an hour later than most years on thanksgiving Day just to assert his control over us.  No other reason.  Oh, well, we had a great get-together at my house in spite of the boss!  There was a day of peace and family in the midst of all the turmoil that is going on here right now and we were all thankful for it.
Sam

Anonymous said...

That is a cute picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got back from an extended Thanksgiving. That's right; I had TWO Thanksgiving dinners. If this keeps up throughout the Christmas season I'm going to have to change my journal name to
"The Adventures of a Desperately Fat Muse!" LOL
It sounds like you have a feast fit for kings.
Be well,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious!!!