Saturday, November 12, 2005

Seeing into the future?

                         


Ever feel like you could see into the future?  With a dream? A feeling?  Anything?  


Several years back I had a dream over and over again.  I was driving along a road and a car came out of side street and hit my car knocking me into the creek I was driving parallel with.  My car quickly sank.  I was able to get out, but my son was in the back seat snugly wrapped in his car seat.  I would scream and scream to those on the bank for help and no one would move.  I would scream so loud I would wake myself up.  I'd be in tears and sweaty from panic.  I had this dream over and over.  Not just once or twice.  It got to the point where I would not even drive that stretch of road.  I would go out of my way not to.  I didn't care if I was late for something or not.  I was not going to be there for any reason.  This went on for months and months.  I told a few people and they all looked at me like I was nuts.   


Then one day, about 6-7 months into this dream a good friend called me at work.  She wanted me to be sitting and proceeded to tell me a car went into the creek at the exact same point.  I immediately started to sob as my gut feeling told me there was a baby in that car.  They were looking as the woman driving was out of it and couldn't respond to questions.  Divers could make out a car seat in the back but could not tell if anyone was in it or in the car.  Turns out she was the only one in the vehicle but it was a spooky turn of events.  


What brought this back for me?  Well, hockey.  Yep, hockey!  Rick Jeanneret is the Sabres play by play announcer.  He visits a local radio station before each game and they discuss a few things about the team.  Yeah, my team, you know the one I said I would talk about and haven't.  The one that started out so good and then the number one goalie got hurt and they went on a losing streak, yeah that one!    


Well, back on Nov 2 the boys would be playing the Senators.  Rick said to watch out for Havlet.  He was returning from a 4 game suspension and would be hot to trot.  Uh huh, you got it, he did score.  Not once, not twice, but FOUR times!  Yes, my boys looked like crap!  Then on Nov 9, Rick brought up our rookie Vanek.  Vanek had been struggling to find the back of the net.  I won't take anything away from him because he is amazing.  He sees the ice and plays develop and has something like 10 assists, but we do need him to score.  Rick states, Vanek is the guy to watch.  Low and behold, Vanek scores twice and has an assist.  Then last night.  Rick decides to pick Christopher (Drury) and you got it he does score last night.    


I think Rick needs to tell me the numbers for the Lottery!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as Rick keeps this up yoiu'll have an unbeatable team there!! I love your graphic, very pretty! Jeannette.  

Anonymous said...

How about Forsberg & Gagne?

Hehehehehe.
V

Anonymous said...

Okay i've missed something how did hockey make you think of the accident?
~Marina

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about how Rick was 'seeing into the future' by picking who was going to score and it reminded me of my dream that I had over and over again... then it happened.  

Anonymous said...

I firmly believe we receive communication in the dream state.

Cool tag.

Gabreael

http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Honestly? This "forever skeptic" only believes in coincidence.
I hear dreams are a product of our subconscience minds but I can't say I believe they can predict the future.
- Dianna