Thursday, November 10, 2005

Trapped?

                


I talked to a good friend of mine who has been feeling trapped.  Trapped to the extent of feeling suffocated.  She feels as though her life is going no where and she has no choices.  No choice about her job, where she lives, what she does.  My heart goes out to her.  


We talked about the fact that we always have choices, it's whether we can live with them or not.  Neither one of us lives life looking through rose colored glasses, we know better.  We also know we need to change what we can and learn to accept those we things we can't.  That doesn't mean it makes things easy.  Life is hard and it sure as hell isn't fair.   


Sure she will be limited with what changes she can make immediately, but she does have choices and needs to make a few and move on.  Her lease at her apartment is not up for a few months so she has to stick that out.  She can start looking for work now and be a bit picky as to what she looks at or accepts.  She is employed and can stick things out for a bit.  It won't be easy but she can't just up and quit.  I will, of course, help her where I can.  


We make choices in life.  Good or bad, we make them.  It doesn't mean things can't change down the line and it doesn't make you're less of a person if you do change.  Don't ever feel trapped!   You can always make changes, big, little, or subtle ones.  You have to do what is right for you. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good entry. Not long ago I was faced with some serious choices. I felt trapped as well. It's such a helpless feeling and I can understand how your friend must feel.
Well, to make a long story short, something happened in my life. I guess you could call it good luck and everything just fell into place. I understand good luck doesn't happen to everyone and I'm thankful it happened to me.  
In any event, your friend *does* have good luck in that she has a friend like you to stand by her.
Best wishes,
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Very good advice, I feel that way often...  Linda

Anonymous said...

so true (how'd you get to be so smart?!)