Friday, November 25, 2005

Hi Ho Santa!

                          


Today has been known as the biggest shopping day of the year.  Stores run specials for the early bird.  I've seen some unbelievable deals, but I am not getting up and standing in line at 3am when the store opens at 5am!  I'm sorry, but no deal is that good in my book.   


My friends and I tried it one year long ago.  We thought we would start a new tradition.  NOT!  It was cold and rainy the year we did it, and after standing outside in line listening to the gripes of others the doors finally opened.  It was like a stampede and no one cared if they knocked someone down, hell they didn't even give it a second glance let alone help the person back up.  Once in side it was horrible.  The arguments over who got what first.  The language!  Ummm isn't this the holiday season?  Signs of good cheer?  Not in this store!  At one point I was near a table of beautiful scarves.  Thousands of scarves, you name it there was one in that color.  There stood a little old lady, I would venture to say she was in her 90s.  I was thinking to myself how cute, almost like Mrs. Clause.  She moved a bit slower than others at the table and I wanted to help her search, but then to my amazement she opened her mouth.  She was cursing like a sailor, no worse than a sailor.  She wanted the scarf a woman across the table had found.  I stood there with my jaw hitting the floor and I think my eyes rolled to the back of my head.  I was shocked and disgusted at the same time.  These stores advertise items at rock bottom prices only to have 1 or 2 in stock with hopes that shoppers would purchase something else.  I disagree with the whole concept and have never done shopping on the day after Thanksgiving since.  I stay as far away from stores as I can.  


I have no idea if things have changed, and surely this event does not take place in all stores, but I won't ever know.  For those of you who do shop today, kudos'!  I don't mean to say anything against you, just that the scene of years ago stays etched in my brain.............     


            

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desperately trying to see what was on the hat of the rocking horse rider,unless it reads captain !! No Iafraid Im with you on the early morning shopping ,not worth the hassle .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the shopping. I can't tolerate rudeness or bad language either, no need for it. I prefer to shop when there aren't many people around. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you!  I don't even go NEAR a mall or any stores today, not even a grocery store!  I don't care if it's $50 cheaper, I am not getting out of bed at 4:00 a.m. to go and fight with other people.  That's not my nature anyway.  I can't even haggle with people like they expected when I went to Mexico.  I just give them what they ask for.  LOL!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

No shopping for me today either. Ken did go to Circuit City around 8 and said some of the shoppers must have been there most of the night for they had left the remains of bonfires on the sidewalk and the store was still a madhouse. Helen

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna
I love the holiday gif and graphics here!  No, I don't do Black Friday, either, for much the same reasons as you.  Plus, I usually have to work that day.  I hope you are enjoying your time off.  I'm so envious!
Sam

Anonymous said...

I've worked in a few retail stores during Christmas and it's scary. Black Friday is not a day I'd liked to shop either.
Dianna