Sunday, November 20, 2005

The light of a new day

I was up pretty late last night playing around with animation, did you expect something different?  I had a long day of running, errands and chores during the day.  I watched the boys beat the Boston Bruins, and as hard as it may seem I find working on 'my projects' relaxing.  It's addicting, but it does relax me.  


I woke up this morning to learn my sister was on her way over to borrow my computer.  Cable connections are good for a lot of things :)  It was only a few minutes after she had arrived her daughter stopped with the kids.  I am so glad I got my first cup of coffee down!  I am not sure I could handle all that without Java.  One of the first things my niece asked is if I had gotten the picture she sent of the sunrise at her house this morning.  Of course I hadn't, but I looked forward to it.   


I had a bit of running today and decided since the Bills were getting their asses kicked by San Diego it didn't much matter if I left.  When I got home and finally had a minute to sit at my computer I got my nieces picture.  When it opened I sat in awe.  A light went on and it glowed.  As much as I hate the ads forced on our journals, I made a decision to stay.  I tried a couple of other spots but couldn't get the animation going when I published and the folks I asked about it ignored my requests.  So, another sign that I should stay put.  I will fight this battle another way, but I am not running.  I will continue here and start up D's Designs again.   


I've read several places that all the Vivi winners left, I beg to differ with them.  Surely, the award icon will be delayed if not forgotten about as a lot of the promoters did move on, but that was their choice and they have a right.  It matters not that I don't have that icon, I know and so do my visitors.  With that said I will avoid commenting here on the ads, I've had enough of it and I'm tired.  On to happier thoughts and to the picture that showed me the light.  I addedthe snow as it seemed fitting and only a matter of days before another winter storm heads our way.  


 


    

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so gorgeous!
I have no other words. I am in awe. Its beautiful.
Cristina
http://journals.aol.com/kiplingcrissy/singlemomsjourney

Anonymous said...

So pleased with your decision ,just scroll down, dont read whats at the top ,its what is below that counts ,another pleasing entry ..............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You used my picture .......im touched :)
PLEASE, keep going....I love reading your journal!

Anonymous said...

Your nieces picture is beautiful.  The snow was a nice touch.  Donna, I'm so glad you are staying here,  I've decided to stay as well.  We'll keep the home lights burning for any who decide to come back.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're back doing what you do best!

Tilly x

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!  I should look out the window once and awhile since I am awake before the sun rises huh?  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love your nieces photo, and your right, that snow looks good on it! So glad you're staying, a few have come back now. Patrick is also getting the winners logos done so you should get it within a day or two. Jeannette. http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

You needed coffee???? I needed something a little stronger :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Helen

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h