Thursday, November 24, 2005

Good Morning!

              


I am not busy getting ready for the 'big dinner,' I will be going to my parents along with the rest of the family.  Mom cooks and we all bring the side dishes, so we get off easy.  Thanks Mom!  :)


Some of you may have noticed the lighthouse on my sidebar.  A few days ago Sam at Dock Lines and I had a conversation about keeping the homelight burning.  I, of course, had to make a graphic.  He says it best in a comment below.  "I just had to come back and comment on how much I like the "Home light" in you sidebar.  I'm referring to the lighthouse, of course.  I think it's a beautiful way to express to all of our friends who left AOL Journals that those of us that remained have lit a beacon so they can find their way back whenever they want, whether to read our posts or to blog here again, too."   It would be impossible for me to get this to anyone who was interested in adding it to their journals so I thought I'd leave it here for snagging.  Feel free to grab it and post your support to those who have left, but to also let them know they are not forgotten and always welcome.  


UPDATE:  Save the picture as a gif to keep the animation :)


                                             


If you stop by Sam's journal you will also notice I snagged his picture.  Well, I asked permission and he emailed it to me.  His pictures are always so beautiful.  There are so many that I've wanted to grab and add something to them (LOL Like that wasn't already obvious!) . Not that they need enhancement, but because I love to animate things and his 'starting' pictures speak to me, maybe it's the combination of his words and the pictures.  Either way, Thanks Sam for letting my animate this graphic!  


Happy Thanksgiving all

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sams' photos too, he's a great writer as well. I hope you enjoy your day today. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beacon. It goes up today.
With peace andl love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Could you send me your beacon?
I would like permission to put it on my UK Journal.
I closed my  US Journal, but have a UK Journal.
~Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo
http://photographsmemoriestoo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

eh ! it is rinning in your blog ! then I go at home !
goodnight !
clem.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great graphic, but after those VIVIs I can't squeeze in another thing! Bit like you guys after Thanksgiving Dinner no doubt!

Tilly x

Anonymous said...

I hope that you had a wonderful thanksgiving.  I came back, my heart never left honestly.

Anonymous said...

Donna
Your work with annimation and art is beautiful.  You've done wonders to my picture and the lighthouse is a great symbol for us.  I'll have the lighthouse in my side bar by the end of the day Monday, if not sooner.  Thanks so much for sharing your talent and for adding a feeling of harmony in this troubling time for AOL Journals.
Sam

Anonymous said...

thank you so very much..... judi

Anonymous said...

Hey!  Great animation on Sam's pic.  And thank you for allowing the saving of the lighthouse.  Done, and if I can just get it into my journal....

Anonymous said...

I love this  . . .  the feeling of the rain washing away some of the angry words and hurt feelings . . .  and then the lighthouse to invite any and all to come back.  SO WELCOMING.  Makes me feel good.  Thank you!

Anonymous said...

h