Tuesday, February 27, 2007

~ Mixed Emotions ~


  DsDesignsGoodLuckMarty.gif

 

I was brought to tears today.  I know it was a mixture of being happy and sad, but just the same it was draining.  Today was the trade deadline for the NHL.  Last day to add to your roster to make the push into the playoffs.  The league has a cap these days, which is a good thing most of the time.  Yet for us, having all the injuries caused us to have other guys from the minor league on the team and it pushed us right to the cap.  In order for some of the guys to come back from injury they had to get rid of salary, so adding anyone new was going to be tough.  Marty Biron has been with our team since 1995.  He's been our back up goalie as well as our starter through out those years.   He deserved to be a starter and could be on several NHL teams, but here he was backup again.  I knew with his salary and the fact that he would be unrestricted at the end of the season and could walk with no compensation to the team, he would be high on the 'trade' list.   I knew all this, yet today when they announced he was traded tears rolled my cheeks.  Marty has such a presence around him.  Say nothing about his 'wolf eyes', he has personality.  He loved to talk, had a great sense of humor, and no doubt was loved by many.  He is a great goalie and only circumstances kept him as back up here.  I know management would have kept him had his salary not been so high, had we not been up to the cap, but it wasn't to be.  He never once caused a stink, never made waves, just played his part.  He is a team player and definitely a calming force in the locker room.  I will miss him terribly.  He is now a Flyer.  They are lucky.. very lucky.  Now how am I suppose to hate them????  Since '75 they've been one of my least favorite teams... sorry you fans out there ...... but now... I have to cheer for Marty and his success.  I really think he will start there.  You guys have a great addition on and off the ice... congrats.  Just need to say..... Good Luck Marty!   We did improve with the trades but I'm too tired to write about it and you'd all be bored.  I am excited tho... very... then Iget sad....  'nuff on that for now............ 

 

I really have a million things going thru my head so I'm going to cut this short.... 

 

I did play with another tag offer... kind of simple... but I like it... I found a tutorial for it and just changed it up a little.  If you'd like your name on it just click on the graphic. 

 

           DsDesignsDaisyDonna.gif

 

Hugs

~d

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,

He must be a wonderful kid, from your description of him.  Sorry he was traded, and I sure respect that you'll follow his career and wish him well.  As you know, I don't know about hockey! (ha)  Have a great evening.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Gosh i know how you feel... When the MN twins first put Kyle Lohse back down to the minors I felt so sad (yes him and Torii Hunter are my two favorite players) Then they brought him back up and before the season ended traded him.  I was crushed.  Although he is happier where he is now... pitching better has a better team spirit and I AM happy for him. I miss watching him pitch.  I really hate when they trade player.

Okay I don't know much about hockey ... I do watch it from time to time but I have to be honest.. I can never keep track of the puck lol.  If they would just slow down a bit i could keep up LMAO!

I would love that tag with promise on it please..it's sort of a calming tag.

Thanks and sorry I'm long winded tonight!

Love,
Promise

Anonymous said...

Hi hon, given that I'm definately not a sports fan, I could understand very little of this LMAO. Anyhow I just wanted to stop by and see how my best buds doing. I haven't heard from you in awhile and you know me, I tend to worry about my friends. If you need to scream, laugh, cry, well I'm here for you. (Hugs) love ya Indigo

Anonymous said...

have a great hump day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost your team member I felt the same way when Manchester United lost Eric Cantona (though he retired not sold on) he helped shape the team and steer them to win the treble-Premireship Champions, FA Cup Winners and Champions League all in the same season. We were Kings of Europe. Different sport but same feelings lol.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

you know that looks like a wedding graphic. Wow sounds like that guy had been playing a long time. and he sounds like a really good guy too

Anonymous said...

Sorry you've lost a good player Donna. I hope he's happy with his new team. I love, love, love this tag! It's gorgeous ......running over to claim it!! Lol! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

sorry that a team member you liked is gone...i know how much you love hockey.
I like that tag!  LOVE YOU!
lj

Anonymous said...

Iam sorry you lost a good player.I hope he makes it big in his new team.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your favorite player being traded. Thats how I kind of feel about Coy Wire on the Bills. I think he could start, but they seem to overlook him, and now there is talk about trading Willis Mcgahee. Sometimes I wonder who makes the decisions in these professional sports.

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to drop you a hug ((((((((((((((D ))))))))))))))) and a little pick me up. Have a great day and hope things go better for your favorite player :))))))))Doreen

Anonymous said...

>>.Since '75 they've been one of my least favorite teams..>>>

Donna, you just recently told me how much you liked Bobby
Clarke. How can any one hate the Broad Street Bullies.
Seems like you got a good deal too with a second round draft pick. Saw Biron coming in to Philly last night and he seemed happy to get away from the snow. We will put him to good use and he will surely be our top goalie next year. Thanks Bill

Anonymous said...

It is sad, but as you said he will probably be a starting goalie now. Its what he wanted.  Besides, he'll still have his home here!  Nancy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

BIG HUG for you ((((((((((()))))))))))))) Love Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

so sorry one of your boys was traded. I hate that when it happens. (((((((((hugs))))))))))
Cindy