Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Who Me?

Oh no, not me.  I can only take credit for the entry not the idea.  I had so many nice emails and comments regarding the little troll who can't seem to move on, go away, not bother with me, it was remarkable.  Thank you.  The more I heard don't let them bully me into going private, the more I had to agree.  Then I got an email regarding what would be funny.  I spit my tea all over laughing so hard.  I decided to do it, such a bad influence on me.  I loved it!   At this point I am really not sure what to do.  I know going private doesn't solve anything because if they want the info they will get it (and apparently they do or they'd just go away).  :::waving:::  yeah I know you're there :)~

 

The volcano did not melt the snow, nor did it warm things up.  It's been such an odd snow band today, but it hung over my house the entire day.  I left for work with virtually 0 visibility.  My ride is about 14 miles from my door to the office parking lot.  I got about 6 miles and it was like I went through a door.  The sky was blue and the sun was out.  Go figure.  It was cold but it wasn't snowing.  Oh, that is until I left work.  The band shifted a bit north so I drove all the way home in it.  I was greeted by about 6-8 inches of newly fallen snow.  That after the driveway had been cleared a few times.  It's still coming down but I can see across the street for a change.  Schools have been closed this week and if it keeps up this evening I'm sure they will be closed again tomorrow.  I do have a little gripe on the matter of closing schools.  If it is snowing and dangerous to drive, by all means close them.  Close them because it is cold out?  WTH?!  We are babying our children.  I never got off school because it was cold.  My parents never got off school because it was cold.  Just ask  my Dad, he'll tell you.  'When I was in school I walked 3 miles, with crappy shoes, in the snow, up hill, both ways!'  Now because of all the 'cold days' they've had this year these kids miss out on their spring break.  They have to make up days, and if it keeps going they will be going longer at the end of the year.  I'm not saying I don't care about the kids, I do.  C'mon though, if you let them play outside while they are home from school they can stand at the bus stop for a few minutes to get a ride.  Oh, and bus stops, it's not like they have to walk to the corner of their little dead end side street.  The towns built little turn around's at the end of the street and the bus stops at every 2nd or 3rd house, on both sides no less!  We wonder what is wrong with kids of today.  They are spoiled!!!

 

Oh, and yes... those snags I promised the other night.  Hope you find something you like.  I'm not sure I like the font on the 'sweet memories' it looks like an n instead of an m.  Oh well, I liked the look of it.  I need to get off to bed.  It's going to be one helluva ride to work tomorrow.  Yes, I will animate the scenery before I leave so I think it's winter out.  Here are some pictures from other folks in the area that think it's winter too.   :::evil grin:::

 

Love you guys!!!

 

Hugs

~d

 

                DsDesignsSweetMemories.gif

 

                     DsDesignsAwayfromthewind.gif

 

               DsDesignsLoneRose.gif

 

             DsDesignsLifeisLikeahotbath.gif

 

                     DsDesignsClownwhengrown.gif

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to snag the bubble bath graphic.  It is sooo adorable!  Thanks. Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sorry your lava flow didnt' melt the ice and snow >haha>. Talk about a volcano, my friend called me from Charlotte, NC today and said she saw a UFO! Go figure! Meteor or UFO??? Should be on the news today.
I'm sorry you are being pestered by someone on your journal but to be honest going private will not stop them as any private journal can be accessed in a few different ways so stay open, saves on holding your breath to see how long it takes them to be able to figure out how to read them. :)))))))) If hackers can't be stopped from accessing max secure gov. sites how hard is aol's access codes to crack?!! haha Think about it! Hugs from Dah Nana :))))Doreen

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful graphics!  
We never had "cold days" off school  here in Cal.  We had to go every day no matter what!  
Have a good week.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Day's off because it's too cold, how daft is that. what next days off coz it's too sunny and it increases the risk of skincancer. Kids, too pampered these days, lol.
Love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

So pleased you decided to stay ,Dys off school were unheard of due to the weather ,in our day and we survived ,every one likes your bubble bath one ...wonder why lol ,>)...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
I thought the volcano in your back yard was a hoot and thuroughly enjoyed it.  I'm glad you are not going private, I don't like seeing anyone in J-Land being pushed in that direction due to the actions of others in this community.  Keeping these journals is supposed to be a fun outlet for us all and we really need to try and keep them that way.  I hope your "not so" mystery person reads this and gets the message!
Sam

Anonymous said...

OH so sorry you are having problems . I dont kow who it is but I cant imagine you being treated like this. Simply no reason for it.

I say do not let them get to you keep on going

that is weird and I bet htat volcano affects our weather I bet it does soemthing to it all.
we got snow then sleet on it and cold temps but wamer than they were. TEENS WHOO HOO.

love the graphics especially the tub one

Anonymous said...

I remember standing outside for over 1/2 an hour waiting for our bus to come when it was cold and having to walk quite a way to just get to the bus stop!  Yes, kids are spoiled these days.  Who am I to talk though since I drive my kids to and from school each day.  Talk about spoiled huh?!  I am so surprised that volcano didn't melt the snow at least in your yard since it's right there when you look out the window.  ;)  Glad you are not going to let this troll push you to go private.  As you said and I have said before, it wouldn't matter, they can get to you even if you are private.  They have nothing better to do with their lives.
Hugs and lots of love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Snagged the bath, glad about the decision not to go private because that would mean the person would think they had won. They are forcasting snow for us in the UK ovr the next 24 hours but it will probably be only a couple of inches not at all like yours. Keep safe, Love Pat x

Anonymous said...

Glad you are not going private ~ We never had days off because it was cold and snowing ~ it was something that was never thought of ~ yes I agree the children are being spoilt today ~ I snagged the Rose and the Bubble Bath they are all lovely ~ thanks for those ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

brilliant idea, gave me a laugh any way.Its a pity the person has nothing better to do than cause grief to you.I agree with our kids being spoilt nowadays. Although over here we do not have snow days, mind we hardly get snow lol, maybe thats why eh!!! The link you posted is that were you live? I can not remember having as much snow as that.
love and hugs
katie
xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you are hanging around!! Snow, Snow, Snow! Just be careful! About school, yes I agree they are spoiled. I remember having to walk to the busstop-snow, rain, heat-whatever. School closed. NO NEVER.
Love the Graphics-they are really nice. I snagged me a couple.
Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

sounds like they just don't want to deal with having the kids inside when its cold ie no recess lol glad you are staying

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna, I have never seen snow scenes like that in my life. Thank goodness. We do get a two or three foot snow every ten years or so, but I tend to forget about them.
We have an home owners association where I live and the remove the snow and salt the drives. Works for me I do not think I could do the shoveling any more.
I will be going to Niagra Falls in the spring or summer. Wonder what it looks like in weather like this. Must be a sight with the freeze and ice. I will have to do without seeing that.
Why don;t you try to get more sleep. You always post after eleven PM. I am in bed an hour by then. You don't get enough sleep in my opinion.
Stay warm, Bill

Anonymous said...

 Yay, I am glad your not going private also.  
 Yup, our school would let us struggle to get the kids to school, risking our lifes and then cancel school a hour after we all finally made it so we had to risk our lifes again going back to get them.

                  Julie

Anonymous said...

Lol..HOW DARE you fabricate your graphics!! That fairy is clearly a cartoon...ooh, you've crossed the line this time Donna...and the woman in the bath....you clearly fabricated those bubbles..grrrr!!! HAHA!!


Ok, I think I made my point.....Gorge graphics hun....love 'em!!


Lv Ste
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!! I am so very glad to see that your still around. You would be missed so very much and I'm sure that you see that from all of us. I would certainly miss you. You are such a nice person and a great friend to me. You have sent me so many kind words that have put a smile on my face. I say that you should definitely stick around for a long long long long time. Whoever would think to be mean to you needs to come see me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE I would give them a piece of my mind. Whoever the person is needs a good talking to. I say that you are a huge part of my J-Land life and I wouldn't want to see you go not at all. Please do stick around and don't ever change.

WE LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ALL LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes kids are spoiled these days but here they wont close schools unless its really bad, I mean here in Bibb county....some schools in GA will close up, even in some counties but in Bibb county...they are really strict about that. Its probably best tho cuz I'd hate to have to miss some of my vacation time because of make up days

Anonymous said...

So pleased that you are not going private, ignore the little trolls/devils, they have nothing better to do than annoy decent people, we never had time of school because it was to cold !!!! do they not have heating in schools these days ???
take care Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

i LOVE Emmitt Kelly (sp), the famous clown. love your tags. Love your sense of humor. You are one of a kind kiddo.
We had three days of no school and now a 2 hr delay. I may not dethaw until June.
XOXO lj

Anonymous said...

You're so funny Donna!!  I love ALL of your work, as always.  I hope things settle down.  As I've stated many times, in my comments to others in journals, I will never understand why people have to be "mean" to others.  Journals should be fun, a way to share our lives, maybe ask advice, a way to share talents (I can't do any beautiful graphics like many others), etc......I truly do not understand what anyone would get out of being cruel to someone, hurting feelings, causing people to go private, etc.  Why?  I hope this stops and that eveyone can just enjoy JLand again.  I love reading your journal!  Thanks for all the help.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

LOL...you are so bad.   Doesn't take much to instigate....I'm so tired of snow and the cold.  The sun was shining but you'd never know it.  Just bitter.  Hang in there, D.  Love ya, Chris