Saturday, February 3, 2007

~ Winter Warrior ~

That is exactly how I feel right now.  Last night my drive home from work took well over an hour.  Mother Nature sure likes to mess with me.  It's beautiful and calm all day, then an hour before I get to leave work the sky darkens and the snow flies.  More blowing what was already on the ground then actually falling from the sky.  It was miserable driving and visibility was close to 0 at times.  It's like that for a couple of hours and then stops.  Well, it stopped here, but the snow band actually moved north.  It's frigid outside.  The temperature isn't 20 and the wind chill is falling below 0 at times.  It's been snowing like hell only 10 miles from here and they are saying it will be moving south later this afternoon early evening.  They are predicting over a foot of new snow and high winds.  Oh the joy!!  The sun is shining brightly outside my house and the sky is a vibrant blue.  Looking out my front window tells a story all by itself.  The storm is rolling in...........

 

   DsDesignsandthestormrollsin.jpg

 

I have a few things to do before the kids get here this evening for out slumber party ::grin:: but thought I'd share my most recent tag offer.  It's a tutorial I did almost a year ago.  I did it for someone at the time but never offered it up.  LOL  Found it today as I cleared out some graphics.  With Valentines around the corner I thought it was a good time.  Or not.........   LOL  if you'd like your name on it click on the graphic and leave a comment. 

 

                DsDesignsILoveYouDonna.gif <--click here to request your name

 

I will be back later.... no doubt I will need a break from the constant chatter :)

 

Stay warm!

Hugs

~d

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah we are about to get COLD COLD COLD I hear. did the ground hog see it right I mean it says he did NOT see his sahdow spring is suppose to be around the corner

Anonymous said...

I feel so sorry for you all in the states. I was going to gloat and say we have had sunshine all day, but im not, please keep safe and warm, and ill say a prayer for you to have some mild weather soon. Have a fun evening.
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Take care in all that snow, Donna

Anonymous said...

Here it is as cold as all heck and it could only be a man to draw a picture of a beautiful woman in a snowy cold landscape with half her body exposed, a thong on and probably nothing else underneath!!!!!!!!!  Yet a woman would put thermals on her, boots, a few layers of clothes and maybe a giant bondfire going with a few bottles of whiskey to fight off the cold...well Baileys  Irish Creme goes good in cold weather too!
Stay warm...and remember...>dress accordingly or you too may end up as blue as the background on your tag hahahaha! BIG HUGS :)))))))) Doreen

Anonymous said...

Our winter is mild compared to yours, but we've had a lot more winter here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area than we have since I moved here. I bet you wouldn't recognize snow covered streets in Arlington!

Anonymous said...

Why is it you have all that snow and we have none???..If you send some snow over to the UK please, then I'll send by return, some of our freaky sunshine we are having right now!!!! Hope your weekend is going well!

Keep warm!

Millie :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the slumber party Donna, should be a good distraction from all the snow! Funny how the weather changes so fast, it was warm when I went out and freezing when I got home tonight! I love the tag but I have so many I'll not request this one, I'm trying to sort them out and delete a few but it's hard to choose which ones to delete! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

I was JUST thinking, that the last tag looked VERY familar! ;-)

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I saw that tut last year and could not do it for the life of me because I hadn't figured out adding animated things to tags at that time.  I always thought that was a really beautiful tag.  Stay warm and safe...Love ya, Chris