Saturday, February 3, 2007

~ What A Difference ~

DsDesignsCouplehours.gif


Well, it is 9 degrees out with a wind chill of -11.  The snow has stopped falling for the moment but what is on the ground is being blown all over.  I did venture out earlier to drive my son to the stag.  At my house it was as clear as a bell.  I went and grabbed my camera to get a picture looking across the street.  When I had shot the video I took a still picture, but it was impossible to see anything.  I tried to get the same angle, and I came close.  You can use the newly downed tree on my front lawn and the mailbox across the street as markers to get a feel for how bad it really was.

 

I pulled out of my driveway and not 4 miles away you could see nothing but the flashers on the cars in front of you, and you could barely see them.  As I turned on to his street I cursed him.  I mean I CURSED him.  I had no idea what lane I was in.  I missed his driveway completely and had to turn around and then I just pulled in to the Deli across the streets parking lot.  I was not even going to attempt to turn into his drive.  My car may be a tank, but not through that!  He came out and I wouldn't have seen him except his motion light came on.  We made our way slowly to the place the stag was being held.  He thanked me over and over for getting him.  I cursed the boys.  Why they didn't cancel it I have no clue.  About half way there the snow had stopped and there were just little funnel clouds crossing the street as the wind blew what was on the side of the roads.  I got there and home safely, and no worries I would not have even attempted it had I thought I couldn't. 

 

The kids made it over before the snow had started and we had lots of fun together.  Several times we looked out the front window only to see white.  My picture window had snow stuck to it so you couldn't even see.  Bug thought it was hysterical and the one great shot I got of her was accidentally deleted off the camera.  GRRRR  Normally I get a warning beep but not this time.  Figures!  Gage did lots of playing on the computer.  He loved the cable connection and how fast it was.  At one point Bug stood at the computer looking at my buddy list.  See the shot of her on the bottom right.  She was looking for her best friend, the little boy, to appear.  It was a hoot to listen to her and watch the faces she made.  I just had to get a few shots.  She really wasn't in the mood for the camera tonight, but you know me I just snapped away. 

 

Ok it's late and I need to shut down so the lights can go off.  I will be back tomorrow with some snags.  I promise.

 

Hugs

~d

 

                   DsDesignsBug2-3-07.jpg

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man what a difference glad the kids made it before the snow

Anonymous said...

How cute she is!  The kids must be facinated by all that snow, my grandkids would go crazy with that much.  Have a great rest of the weekend.  Joni

Anonymous said...

yikes, that sure is alot of snow. awwwwwwww she is so adorable. keep warm. ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

what a difference! stay warm and safe

Deb

Anonymous said...

You are a brave chick for venturing out in that.  I love the before and after pictures, what a lovely place you live in.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

wow, you video looks good Di,  your brave driving out in that,
Its more like late spring here, with a frost at night,  warmest Jan. ever i think,
Take care & keep warm
 Santa

Anonymous said...

As you say what a difference two hours make ,bet Steve was grateful ,you are a hero venturing out in that ,what a pioneering spirit ,The picture of the dear little Bug are charming ,just look at her concentration lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Wow yes what a difference!!! Laine xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing us your pics, its lovely to see the difference of a couple of hours. And bug is truly a lovely little girl i love the faces she is pulling lol. Take care
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

How did you do that? LOL.
Betty

Anonymous said...

And people say I'm crazy for living in Florida with the hurricanes! Those pictures are unbelievable! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a lot of snow I wouldn`t even attempt work if it was like that you take care in it.
luv bella xx

Anonymous said...

Well you did manage to send it down to KY, it is snowing & blowing this morning. Not nearly what you had, but I am sure it is enough to make the "panic" happen.
Love the pics
Michele

Anonymous said...

No snow here but it's cold for us and will get colder this week.

Stay warm!!!!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that little Bug is just ADORABLE!!  I can't get enough of looking at her sweet little face!  Thank God you and your son made it to the stag and back home in that blizzard!  I would have been gripping that steering wheel so tightly my fingers would have gone numb!  Can't believe that you couldn't even see that house across the street when the storm was at it's worst!  WOW!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That's also what our area looked like yesterday.  We only have about 10 inches on the ground but the wind was causing a total white out.  We are still in the single digits.  I'm not liking this one bit.  I heard that Buffalo and Erie were expecting more lake effect stuff today or tonight again...grrrr.  Think spring, D...lol   Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Donna, I really liked how you did that before and after picture, reakky neat.
I almost forgot about the pictures when I got to see Bug again. She is so sweet and what a pretty face she has. Give her a hug from me. Bill

Anonymous said...

we have no snow but the winds and cold are driving me INSANE. I love seeing bug!
Love ya,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

what a cute lil graphic...photo
actually...you have a lot of wonderful graphics here...I had put you on alerts before..I guess aol forgot..lol
I love your journal....I'll be back...
for now..this is me
http://myspace.com/christie_farmer
still working on a name for my new aol journal...

Anonymous said...

Bug is very cute :)  That weather is crazy you are having, sheesh. It got to 22 the night before last, ice on everything it looked like snow  lol.  Hope everything is ok :)  Hugz, Teresa

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks really bad Donna. Sorry you had to go out in it. Drive carefully to work today. Lil Bug is adorable, she's just so photogenic isn't she? Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

We didn't get the snow they said we were gonna get...and I can so live with out it..Stay warm!  Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Bug is adorable!!! How's the weather today?
Not too bad here but it is cold.
Bundle up hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

h