Monday, February 19, 2007

~ You Asked For It ~

                DsDesignsWeddingParty.gif


Some of you will probably be sorry you commented you were looking forward to more pictures, others, well you might just skip the entry all together.  :)  No worries, no hard feelings, I'm posting anyway. 

 

As we sat at my sisters yesterday we had a great conversation about different things that happened the night before.  I was telling them about a nice young guy at the bar.  I had gone up to get some water and he inadvertently caught me with his elbow.  He turned and apologized and we started a nice conversation.  He was actually at the wedding with one of my nieces friends, I thought they were dating.  He was complimenting the party at first, then the people.  Then, well he... lets just say got a bit goofy.  He started flirting and getting closer and closer to me.  I backed up and laughed.  He told me how pretty I was and how nice my hair looked.  He then asked if I had glitter sparkles.  I laughed out loud and said, 'yes they were trying to cover the gray and make me look young.'  The shit then started to get deep.  'You are beautiful, and young.'  I had to stop my self for choking and spitting out my recent sip of water.  'I'm old enough to be your mother.'  I was so thankful someone called my name.  I excused myself and walked away.  A few more times during the night he appeared next to me.  Each time putting his hand on the small of my back and making small talk.  I would scan the room for his date.   When the party was over, he came to me to say good night and planted a kiss.  I am not 100% sure where he was going to plant it, but I gave him no choice but to hit my cheek.   Later during the evening my niece told me he wasn't her friends boyfriend, but a co-worker she asked to come along because her boyfriend couldn't make it.  I know I laughed for about a second, but will admit it did make me feel good.   As we sat at my sisters, a few of the other ladies mentioned conversations they had with him.  Damn!  It wasn't me, he must have been looking for an older lady, he sure as hell wouldn't be looking for a 'sugar momma', we are all broke.  Talk about being deflated!!!  DAMN!  LOL

 


You can tell the opening graphic is that of the wedding party.  Mike with the girls, Renee with the guys.  The wedding cake is obvious, and was made by Renee's great Aunt.  It was out of this world!!!!  We then have my nephew (Renee's brother) and his girlfriend.  Aren't they just adorable together?  I love the way the background picture is.  Of course my son and his girlfriend.  As you will notice he dressed in red and black to match her not me.  The thought was nice though and I can pretend, right?  LOL  Then of course the wedding party again in black and white. 

 

        DsDesignsCake.jpg

 

           DsDesignsEandJ.gif

 

          DsDesignsSandS.gif

 

                     girls.jpg

 

   Guys.jpg

 

 

Everyone that took pictures will be sending them over to me on disc so we can make a movie.  That should be fun.  I won't bore you with that, but no doubt down the road a few more picture/graphics might appear.  Uh huhhhh... and yeah you can look at it as a threat :)~

 

I'm off to bed........ hope everyone had a great Monday...  and thanks for all the nice comments... you guys rock!

Hugs

~d

39 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great and I love the story about the guy.  You and your hair really did look cute.  So you know a little flirting never hurt anyone.  Your son is very cute and him and his girlfriend make a cute couple.  Take care, Joni

Anonymous said...

The pictures are fantastic, and I love the way you added your special flair to them!  They don't bore me at all!  
Loved your story about the "younger guy"..   But.. doesn't it just figure that he would be a jerk?  Man.. they come in all ages, don't they? lol

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww once again wonderful,love the colour of the dresses.Your son and his girlfriends pic is beautiful what a bonny couple they look.Beeming smiling faces all over.How you can tell they were all enjoying the day to the full.I think I would have backed off too at the kiss ROFL.The cake is so lovely and all the co-ordination of colours brought everything together wonderful.OOOOH I love weddings and pics too.Thanx so  much for sharing these you have made my day they are wonderful,and what an handsome son you have Donna if I may say so.Take care God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the photo's! You did a wonderful job with them! And no...you didn' and wouldn't bore me with looking at the wedding pictures, in fact, I'd like to see the video as well! :o) And that guy...lol...there always has to be someone to like that at every wedding! :o) Kind of reminds me of the movie, "The Wedding Crashers!" :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

the pics are lovely must have wonderfull to be part of such a happy event.
love
Debbie

Anonymous said...

The pics are great!  Looks like such a fun wedding!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Awwww Donna - I just love seeing the photos - they are beauitful - never never boring!! Please dont ever stop posting them! I mean it!!!!! So believe it!!!  Its a shame you didnt all realise before the end of the evening that the guy was playing up to you all - you could have all been waiting for him outside - imagine his face if you all said right ok you want us have us!!! LOL Laine xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

I love the black and white f the girls kind of at a side angle. I do not know why BUT................... It was just that thing that caught my eye.
Man nomatter what it feels good to be sweet talked to. you know some guys like older women and I dont know what the deal is but they seem to go to wards older ones. LOL it is so funny to watch a guy work the room though. But HECK why notpick you because your are pretty.

Anonymous said...

I wont get bored honestly,and will enjoy seeing more and more ,oh that bloke was a bit of a let down ,and you thought you'd pulled lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Not only did you take great photos,you have put beautiful graphics to them.They are so lucky-they will have the most beautiful album to cherish.
~connie~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

even if the younger guy said sweet things to other women there, that does not mean he did not mean it. You ARE a beautiful lady and your son is a very handsome man....your whole family has great looks and i love looking at your pics!
love,lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great pics.  Keep 'em comin'.  Nancy

Anonymous said...

very nice:) can't wait to see more

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh, darn.  I thought we'd be getting the regular scoop on your new beau!  LOL.  Great Pics D!  Loving the story of the wedding and the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pics...thanks for sharing...looks like it went well!  Love the cake...Hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Great Photos D...love what you have done with them...so glad you all had a fantastic special time! Millie :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your entry, as usual!  Great pics, and the special effects you added.  I just love black and white pics, think they look more dramatic.  Your story is funny about the "beau".....a real ladies man, huh?  Everyone looks so nice in the wedding party!  Thanks for sharing.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

You always get one guy like that at weddings, lol. I loved your photos again i will say there excellent, i would like to see the movie.The wedding cake looks lovely, good enough to eat lol.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

SO FUNNY ABOUT THE GUY TRYING TO FIND AN OLDER LADY. THERE IS ALWAYS ONE JOKER IN A WEDDING CROWD. THE PICS ARE BEAUTIFUL. AND THAT CAKE, OH MY I WANNA PIECE OF IT, LOL. I NEVER GET TIRED OF WEDDING PICS. I COULD LOOK AT THEM ALL DAY. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
LOVE,
CINDY

Anonymous said...

The shots are great, you captured it well.  The collages, of course, are stunning.  I hope you frame them for the bride & groom, they will love it!
Looks like it was a success & everyone had a wonderful time.
Marie

Anonymous said...

The pics are just lovely!!!! Fabulous job!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm,  Now young lady, dont tell me that you was'nt flattered to have a young man chatting you up, LOL  at you offering him your cheek,  the cake looks lovely, some lovely photos again, looking forward to seeing more, I love wedding photos,
take catr Lynne xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! The story about the guy looking for a  'sugar momma' was too much! LOL!! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I knew these photos would be fabulous. They sure are blessed to be able to have you doing these for them. It almost makes me wish I could turn the clock back 5 years and get married all over again. You have a very nice looking family and your hair looked DIVINE! Hey--wouldn't that guy that was flirting with you have just died if you had latched on to him and followed him around the rest of the day? You could have 'glommed' (one of my family's words) right onto him and scared the living daylights outta him--(I bet he'd run for the hills if I did that!) He must have thought he was on "the Love Boat," huh? Well, he sure missed the boat because you didn't let him at least cruise the day with you--his loss! (sounds like he was too big for his britches, anyways!)  :o) What a sweet memory though, huh?

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you had a young guy hitting on you, in my history, I've only had old...  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I just love those photos, especially the black and white ones! I jsut love weddings :D
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))Just stoped by t say hi and hope you have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow, D!  Awesome pics and congrats to the newlyweds! : )  As for the young lover, you should have went for it. lol  Just kidding.  Love, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Donna
The pictures and what you do with them just gets better and better.  Well Done!  I had to chuckle at your story of your young admirer.  Perhpas he just needs a little nurturing.  Go Donna, go!  LOL!  Thanks for sharing all of this with us, it makes us feel as though we were a part of it.  You did a great job!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics!
You haven't posted since monday..
hope everything is okay!
Have a great weekend
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

great pictures, I hope you will share teh video too,
take care, MISSY

Anonymous said...

I loved these pics... beautiful!!!  Your son is very handsome, kind of reminds me a bit of Ty Pennington (who, BTW, is very cute!!!).  You do such a great job with the pics!!!  Look forward to seeing more!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

YAY.....was the guy cute? Come on, you can tell me..lol!
Whilst I'm happy that he saw how gorgeous you are, I still gotta say, I woulda chinned him if he'd have come on too strong, but I bet Stephen would have beat me to it! lol!

Great pics babes.....love this wedding saga,

Love Ste
xxxxxx