Wednesday, July 4, 2007

~ Celebrating the 4th ~

July4thCelebration.jpg


Well, you all know we had our party yesterday.  Thank goodness as it has rained all day today.  We needed the rain desperately but did it really need to rain all day?  So many parties planned that had to be changed at the last minute.  :::sigh:::  I did hear on the news the fireworks around the area will go off as planned.  Currently it is barely raining but it is extremely foggy out.  Hopefully others will get to see a beautiful show.

 

The party was fabulous!!  It's at my brother in laws shop and is an annual thing.  There were several hundred people there, and many brought a dish to share.  Several businesses throw the party so don't think for a minute I knew all of them.  Gawd forbid if I don't clarify that :)  The grills were going and the smoke and smell of good food was everywhere.  You'll see some it in the shots I have.  My nephew, Eric, was cooking chicken and corn on cob at his 'station'.   That is the second batch you see in the video!  The first one was eaten in a flash.  They had hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage, steamed clams, and lobster.  Salads galore!  Taco, chef, potato, macaroni, pasta, fruit,  baked beans, the list goes on.  Dessert after dessert decorated a whole section of tables.  Coolers full of pop, water, beer.  They had two slushy machines going.  One with a fruit punch one with margarita mix - no booze that way the kids could help themselves.  If you wanted booze you just stepped over to the bar and they'd fix it up for you.  Ice cream cones were served as well.  A sound system playing a good mix of music, and my brother in laws niece sang for a bit too.  Never got a video of her, but she is excellent!  Let me tell you they went all out!! 

 

We had a surprise too.  My cousins from Denver where in town.  It's been a good 10 years since we last saw them and it was wonderful having them there.  Ten years is way to long and I do hope it isn't that long before we see them again.  Their brother was in from NYC earlier in the week, but he had to leave and go back to work.  Damn!  I would have loved to have seen him! They were in town for a birthday party and hooked up with my parents.  When they heard we'd all be at this party they decided to come so we could catch up.  What a hoot going down memory lane and learning how old we all actually got, hearing the babies are now in their 20's+!  They are the two on the far right in the picture, behind my Dad.   Hmmm should I tell you who is in that picture?  LOL  Sitting,,, Bug, my younger sister, Nancy and my parents.  Then you have Gage with his mom Renee behind him.  Then you  have my niece Carrie, my sister Karen (she lives with me) Me, my sister Marge (kids grandma), then the cousins :)  Of course this is not the entire family.  LOL  We'd need a panoramic shot for that. 

 

You might notice the white on Bugs face.  It's a band aide or the one you can see anyway.  She had a little accident while playing.  She was running with the other kids and lost her balance falling to the pavement.  She never put her hands out and hit face first.  It was extremely scary at first as the whole side of her face was red with blood.  When we got her cleaned up it wasn't as bad as originally thought, but just the same 'her pretty face.'  Any time during the evening that I wanted to get her picture she was not interested.  Pouted a bit and pointed to her eye.  I told her she was beautiful anyway, but it didn't help.  Today she is swollen and bruised.  When she finally saw herself this morning she cried again.  No stitches needed, and I doubt there will be a scar, but it will take several days/weeks to clear up.  It looks nasty!

 

Fireworks were amazing!!  Professionally done and lasted a good 45 minutes.  It was a long day followed by a long sleep.  Today was full of chores and a visit from my son and his girlfriend.  It was nice and relaxing.  As I type this I hear fireworks in the distance, but haven't seen anything in the sky, tho I'm sure there are some. 

 

Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!  HAPPY 4th!

 

Hugs

~d

 
              

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like you had a blast. Glad to hear that you had a great time. Where do you live again?

Anonymous said...

Great post. I so enjoyed hearing about your 4th. I didn't actually have one, just stayed in my room & watched TV. But enjoyed hearing of your fun!!! (it's raining here too)
Hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...


Wow, looks like you all had a great time! Wish we celebrated 4th July too..lol!

Awwww, poor Bug, bless her!! I sure hope she gets better soon....bless her little face! At least it's all superficial, thank god!

Love ya Karen,

Jack
xxxx

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing yours ours got rained out and it still is we are under storm nad tornado watchs. first time rained out in years like 17 years or so. !!!!
Did tha guy relaly give me the bird in the video lol

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of your and your family.  It makes this whole J-land thing so much more real when you can see the people you read about everyday.  :)

Sounds like your holiday was pretty satisfying, as was mine.  It's almost 11 PM and we just finished getting the house cleaned up after our little shindig.  LOL  

I love the 4th of July...always have.

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching your video.  It certainly looked a warm day as opposed to our weather her in England.  Its cold and wet....brrrr!  What a wonderful way to get together and enjoy yourselves.  Its lovely getting to see your family gatherings.   Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved those pictures!! Awesome fireworks!!!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

D!!  You look fabulous and so happy.  I love the hair style like that, it's very becoming.  I mean I like it curly too, yet this is gorgeous.  Or is it the red?  Maybe it's me but I don't think you look like a lonely old lady hehehehe  Sounds like a wonderful party, all that drink, food, and good company.  Can't beat it! Your video is awesome, how long did it take you to find all those fake pictures?  HAHAHA  Seriously, it's great and shows how important your family is.  Sorry to hear about bug, hope she feels better with each day.

Anonymous said...

great family photo.

Anonymous said...

Put some neosporin on that face wound and after it heals -- rub in some vitamin e oil to prevent scarring.

(I'm a webMD addict and know lots of stuff.  Annoyong.  I know.  lol)


Russ

Anonymous said...

Aww you and your family look like they all had a great time!!! I love seeing all your pictures and reading about the event that went with it!!!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

I Imagine you had a wonderful time lol. Looks like a blast.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Very nice Donna.Enjoyed the video.Lovely family picture and you all sounded to have a blast.Hope you ahve a good Thurday.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Great family picture. There sure were a lot of people there andit looked like everyone were having fun. Great video and pretty fireworks. Helen

Anonymous said...

Looks like alot more fun than my day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Loved it Donna. :o) Looks like you really had a great time celebrating! :o) I loved the pictures and the video. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

i hope Bug's pretty face is better today...i loved the video and that cool song. Looks like you all had a happy day and that makes it all worth while! The food sounds awesome too!
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

What a great fourth you all had...wonderful to see the family photos.
Sorry about Bugs accident...glad no stitches were needed.  Hope your end of the week is the best.  Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I do hope Little Bugs face soon heals and doesnt leave a scar,what a wonderful time you all had ,thankyou for sharing ,it was just lovely ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the video...you got some great shots of the fireworks!
gina

Anonymous said...

 Great video and it looks like you had a great time.

            Julie

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!  I love finally getting to see you.  Your family is so cute!  Sounds like a really fun party dispite the rain.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!  I love finally getting to see you.  Your family is so cute!  Sounds like a really fun party dispite the rain.
Traci

Anonymous said...

AWWwwww poor bug i hope she is ok today. Bless her little heart. I am glad you have a lovely day.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I loved your video!! Looks like it was a great party!
Pam

Anonymous said...

GREAT VIDEO....so glad you had a FABULOUS holiday....loved reading about it...
it rained here too but that did not dampen our holiday at night....
Have a great thursday!!!!
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Loved your video, the music went with it perfectly.  Glad you had such a good day with your family,  it's all good.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Loved the video...thanks for sharing...
Glad you had a wonderful 4th!

Our fireworks were postponed at the river till
tomorrow night due to the rain we got yesterday evening!
We may go down there tomorrow night .

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you as well (a little late... I'm soo behind)!  Sorry about little Bug's booboo...  My daughter was hurt, too...  We were fooling around in the car and I accidently popped her in the nose!  yeah, mom felt about THIS big:  __

Awesome pics!

Love,
chelle

Anonymous said...

I just adored this video so much I watched it again.  And will probably watch it again. You are an arteest!  Donna.  I want to do this.  Check out my offer on my play reading DVD.  Love, Gerry

Anonymous said...

Awesome!  I'm glad you all had a good time despite the weather. : ) It rained here too of course.   love, Shelly