Friday, July 27, 2007

~ Day Is Done ~

                       DsDesignsFriendsForever.gif picture by 55hockeyfan


Even with the rain the day wasn't a wash out.  It wasn't long after I shot the video that it slowed down and within the hour it had stopped.  The sun tried to come out and did at points.  It was warm so the still water dried up rather quickly.  I watched for a rainbow, but didn't see one  :(  I thought conditions were perfect.  Just my luck tho. 

 

Dinner went off without a hitch.  We went to Applebee's.   Plans evolved as the day went on and Steve and S decided to meet us.  He worked some overtime but got out at noon.  She worked until 4:30.  We all pretty much arrived at the same time.  We had a few drinks and some appetizers as we talked endlessly, and laughed as much.  When our main dishes arrived it got a bit quiet as we all tested our food and commented.  We shared a bit here and there as well.  Food was great, company was better.  Friends forever.........  even if they are family :)

 

After dinner we all went our separate ways.  Steve, S, and my niece went back to his apartment and made plans to go to the movies.  My sister and I went out to the mall to pick up the clock I bought for the apartment.  I knew it was big, that is what they wanted.  When I saw the box I was surprised.  I wasn't expecting that.  I think they will like it.  The wall they want to put it in is a bit 'broken up' with the big screen TV (on a stand) and the thermostat.  Why someone put the thermostat almost mid way into a wall is beyond me, but that is what they have to deal with. 

 

When we got home I had a few calls to make and then thought about what I might do tomorrow.  If I can move early and it doesn't rain I may take a trip to Niagara Falls.  I'd love to get a video while on the Maid of the Mist.  Not sure if that will work, it gets pretty wet and I won't be taking chances with my camera.  There is a video and web cam at the site, feel free to check out.  Time will tell what I decide to do.

 

I had no idea how late it was, and it's time for me to get to bed.  I hope everyone had a great Friday!

 

Hugs

~d

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i luv applebee's especially the apple chimicheese cake.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day with family and good food.  As for taking your camera on Maid of the Mist, I have been on it 3 times and i just have a very inexpensive camera and it got quite wet even though i protected it.  I would not recommend it when it gets closer to the falls and put it in a waterproof bag the spray is phenomenal  and last year they went so close we though we were going to go right into the falls they usually dont go that close.  Take care and if you do go have a great time.  Niagara Falls is one of my favorite places.

Anonymous said...

   Sounds like your day turned out pretty good. I love Applebees, just as long as it isn't the location in my town. Everytime we try going we get the words worst service then hold off for about 4-6 months and try it again. I'll never learn!

Hope you get the video and or pics on the Maid of the Mist. I have never been, but my son has. He said it's pretty cool. Hope you have an enoyable time!
Lisa


Anonymous said...

Did you know Applebee's was headquarted here in KC until it got bought out by IHOP?  IHOP!  Now there's a name that means "quality"!  eeeesh.

hug,
Russ


Anonymous said...

What a great family you have always doing stuff together ,so nice ,I hope they like the clock ,looking forward to hearing about Niagra Falls and seeing your pictures ,have a great weekend ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy reading about you and your family ....I only have a brother and my father who is in a nursing home ...so I do not get to do "family" things like you do..enjoy your weekend.

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Applebees. Some one explain, then Russ mentions I hop, is that a petrol station?
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm glad the dinner gathering turned out so well.  That's a great graphic at the top of the post, nicely done!  I wish I could join you for your trip to the falls, I've always wanted to see them first hand and never been able to get there yet.  Have fun and stay safe on the Maid of the Mist.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time at Applebee's.  We rode on the Maid of the Mist a few years ago and it was very wet!  Alot of fun though!  Linda

Anonymous said...

my daughter went to Niagra Falls and was on maid of the mist. I hope you get to go. That is a gorgeous clock. I am so glad you went out and enjoyed yourself with family!
love,lj

Anonymous said...

Dear donna do you ever put names on pictures for people like if I sent some pics???? A friend wanted me to ask

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

ah I have had better fridays but could be worse.  ill try and do an entry about it mom s in hopsital . soon as I answer every one if I have time I ll do it. sounds like you had a wonderful friday and a great meal. that wall does sound odd with a thermostate in the middle MUST have been a man put it in lol just kidding . but does sound anoying

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice day.  Dinner at Applebee's is always a good deal.  I bet that clock is pretty...sure sounds like everything is falling into place.  Have a beautiful weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I like the clock... I think they will too!

Lovin' the graphic at the top of this entry! Where did you get the tube for this? I know that you are buying them from the artists these days, but I didn't see the copyright mark on this one other than yours. Is this from a creative commons package or a no royalties one? Just curious! Oh, and I did snag these two little cuties! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

that clock is awesome. they will love it. i hope you get to go to niagra falls. (((((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I read about the thermostat.  Here in my mom's house, the thermostat is right smack dab in the middle of the living room wall.  For 19 years my mom has been trying different methods of hiding it and camoflaging it to no avail.  It's truly her number one bitch.  And she's right!  It's a fairly big wall and one could hang a nice sized picture there if it weren't for the thermostat.  It sort of makes the wall useless in the decorating department.  Interior designers would gasp in horror (I watch home and garden a lot).  Obviously, the houses in my neighborhood were designed by heterosexual men.
Things are slowing down a bit.  I'm putting you back on my alerts today. :o)

Anonymous said...

That`s an adorable tag!
You`re pretty close to the Falls aren`t you? I haven`t been there in years and I want to go back for a visit.

Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/let-the-earth-rejoice/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time!  Good for you!  I hope the weather cooperated and you had a great day!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Cute graphic...looks like you were able to get some shots!  have a good weekend..hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I just love this graphic - it is adorable.  Sounds like you had a great time, I've never been to Applebee's.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds fabulous.  Glad Steve and the gf were able to make it.  I know how much he means to you.  Love that clock!!  It will be perfect.  A trip to the falls sounds great, it's been years.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! :) V

Anonymous said...

Glad the weather cleared up for you and you had a good time
hugs Jayne