Saturday, July 14, 2007

~ A New Visitor ~

DsDesignsBug7-10-07.jpg


Well, actually I've gotten several new visitors over the course of the last month or so, and believe me when I say I appreciate each and everyone of you, new and old!   The comments have been great, and your support wonderful.   This visitor is a bit different.... 

 

Remember when I said my cousins were in town and we got to see them after a good 10 years?  Well during our conversations they let us know my Aunt loves blogs and reads a few.  They were excited to hear that I had one.  I sent an email as she wasn't able to make the trip this time.  I sent her a link and gave her a few entries I thought she'd find of interest.  Family pictures etc.  It's been so long since we've seen her.  I thought she'd get a kick out of the wedding pictures, and the kids.  :::waving::: Hi Aunt Mary Ann!!  Meet 'bug', called that because... well, she is as cute as one :)  This is Marge's grand daughter ( Renee's daughter).  I don't think you have an AIM name to leave a comment, but I know you visit, thank you!!!   The letter you wrote was fabulous.  I appreciate all your kind words.  I got tears as you reminded me of Uncle Dick being in one of the pictures with Mom.  I'm glad it brought happy memories.   

 

These are pictures taken on the sly when we were at my parents after Dad's surgery.  She wasn't much in the picture mood, but I was able to sneak a few shots of her as she listened to the conversation and ate her doughnut.  In the one shot she is watching her Papa Pal and listening very carefully to each word he says.  Don't you just want to grab those cheeks and give 'em a kiss?  I know I do!  As you see her eye/face is healing wonderfully.  She still has a bit of a mark, but the nasty stuff is all gone.  No scars.  YEAH!!!

 

Today ended up being a bummer of a day.  The rains came again.  I suppose I should be glad as the temperatures will be soaring back to the 90's, or so some news channels say.  The earth was still a bit dry and with any luck at all the rains today will turn the grass back to green.  It was so parched and brown.  Gardens still needed to be watered even with the last rains we had, so maybe this will keep the beds a bit wet for a couple days. 

 

Hope everyone had a great day and wish you a peaceful Sunday.  I really didn't have a ton to say but I wanted to share the pictures of 'bug'.   She always makes me smile.

 

Hugs

~d

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bug is her usual dollbaby self...hello to Aunt Mary Ann! It didnt rain here today.....it is surely hot though. Love you,lj

Anonymous said...

Bugs is a cutie

Anonymous said...

truly I wish my family had an kind of interest in reading my journal.....but they don't...I am sure they think I am wasting my time on the internet....they all use computers for their businesses but that is it...kind of bothers me...my parents will not go near a computer...my dad says they are too old...
oh well...I think it is great you have family members joining in to read your journal...great way of staying in touch and keeping up with news.
Peace
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures...  She looks so thoughtful, it's adorable!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

what a cutie:) enjoy your Sunday

Deb

Anonymous said...

we got some rain today too, but it still does seem like enough to cool it off for me

Anonymous said...

precious layout.  She makes it easy doesn't she?  She is so serious and cute.  Your sly picture taking paid off.  Hello Aunt Mary Ann!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!  When I read the subject "A New Visitor", I thought maybe you were pregnant!!  lol

hug,
Russ

Anonymous said...

<<<<Waving>>>>Hi Aunt Mary Ann!!  
We are finally getting some rain, too.   This has been the worse drought here in the deep south that we've had for over 40  years.    
~Meg

Anonymous said...

we need some more rains. Sure is nice to see family you have not seen in a while

Anonymous said...

Bug is just precious ...thank you for sharing her pictures with all of us

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Bug is adorable as always!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Great way to keep the family close.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Ilove to look at this dear little girls face ,she is so serious today ,How lovely to get the email from your Aunt and know that she reads your journal ..lovely ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It's hard to capture a childs feelings in a snapshot-but you sure did!!!
You are good at everything you do!!
Have a great day
connie

Anonymous said...

She is so cute.

       Julie

Anonymous said...

Hello to your Aunt Mary!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Well, Hello to D's blog all you new folks ... we here in J-land LOVE new folks!  LOL.  Aunt Mary ... maybe you can get this girl under some kind of control.  LOL.

Bug, as always, is adorable.  :)

Anonymous said...

Cute collage!

Anonymous said...

That is great that you can reconnect with family through your blog!  Great stuff.  As usual, bug is gorgeous!
Traci

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

awwwww she is just so adorable, and yep cute as a bug too. (((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Welcome Aunt Mary Ann! Donna has a wonderful blog! (Sorry I don't visit as often these day's Donna, Lifes been busy for me. I come when I can)

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

Welcome Auntie.

Love the pics...what a cutie
hugs
Jayne