Friday, July 20, 2007

~ No More ~

       DsDesignsLetsParty.gif


....... parties like this!  Or at least I hope not LOL  I did stop at the grocery store on my home from work and bought a few things to help stock up the new place.  They had shopped earlier so they are in good shape.  Can you remember the first grocery shop when you moved out?  All the little things you needed to get started?  They don't have every thing, but they have a great start.  It will come in time.  I know they won't starve!

 

Both Steve and his girlfriend had off today so they did a lot to get boxes unpacked and things where they wanted.  I was amazed when I got there.  They pretty much had it in order except for their room.  They need to finish unpacking clothes and they will be good to go.   No decorations up at this point, but they wanted to get things in and set up to see what exactly they wanted.   Steve got the mini blinds hung in the bedrooms and tomorrow will tackle the vertical blinds for the sliding glass door.  They can't decide on tables for the living room.  They haven't been able to agree.  As with the search for the apartment, I told them to keep looking they will find the ones. 

 

The pictures were taken with my cell phone.  They aren't the greatest, but it gives you an idea on the place.   The kitchen area is fairly small but the other rooms are half way decent size, though you really can't tell from the angle.  The view from the balcony isn't horrible.  In the other direction it's a parking lot and the back of houses from the street behind the complex.  Off in the distance in the picture, behind the white building is the pool.  Close enough, but far enough away. 

 

They are so happy and relaxed.  Made me feel good, so proud.  Now, well I'm just tired.  Up early, work all day, and then straight to their place.  Makes for a long day... I'm old remember?  I'm off to bed with a smile on my face knowing I do not have to work tomorrow.  YEAH!!!!  I am staying in my jammies until noon.  LMAO yeah right!!!  Hope everyone is good...........

 

Hugs

~d

 

 DsDesignsApartment7-20-07.jpg

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

He's with his girlfriend of course there won't be parties with panties flying, just can't say they won't be flying  HAHAHA  sorry, I had to.  Glad it is all coming together.  They can take their time now.  You have a right to be proud.  You raised a good one!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! What a party!
That was nice of you to get them some groceries!  I remember when we first got married and got our first groceries together.  As a matter of fact you inspired an entry about it: http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages/entries/2007/07/21/stocking-the-pantry/2006
The pictures are good!  What a cute place!
Have a nice weekend!
Lori

Anonymous said...

those look like lake heights apt lol ..I use to live there.. I could be wrong but wow they look very alike.  take care

Kris

Anonymous said...

My mom handed me a box full of "starter supplies" when I first moved into an apartment.  paper towels, plastic baggies, toilet brush, light bulbs, tin foil...all the little things you take for granted.  She knew.

hug,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Pictures of your son's apartment are great ..thank you for sharing these with everyone

Have a great weekend

Hugs

Mari

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember that first trip to the store to pick up groceries and odds and ends that we didn't have when we moved into our house.  We didn't go from mom and dad's to an apartment, we went straight to house which meant we needed so much more...or so it seemed.  That night at the Super Target was pretty memorable...my then 16 year old niece pushing my 6' 4" husband around in a shopping cart with pillows stuffed in it.  Talk about one crazy night.  I guess it didn't help that we shopped right before closing time, and we were wound up and rowdy.  ;)  I swear we spent a fourtune...food, trash cans, cleaning supplies, broom, mop, etc...sheesh that list seemed to never end!!!  :)

~Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I had more fun Donna buying for my four kids when they moved into there own homes, than I think they did themselves LOL.The pics are great.I hope they soon get settled and are very happy there sounds just right the pool being in the distance and not too near.Take Care Have a great weekend God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I think their apartment looks grand.....what a great move for them....I am sure they are so grateful for your help and starter groceries.....sounds like they really have it together....
Rest Well.....enjoy the jammies till noon......LOL
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

It brings back so many memories! Young, in love, no money....... sigh
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh the things you don't think of when you first move in lol I remember well. Hope they have a wonderful time turning their house into a home.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Donna
The pics really turned out good.  It's hard to believe a little cell phone can take such good shots.  The appartment looks nice.  I'm glad they are in and getting settled, now you can get some rest this weekend.
Sam

Anonymous said...

those pix are really good.bob got me a new cell phone the other day -it was expensive but it doesn't take pix.The apartment looks really nice.
Have a fun day off
connie

Anonymous said...

their apt looks great...i am glad that you are so happy....it makes us feel content when our kids are safe and also happy huh? Enjoy your weekend.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Your awesome, helping out with the shopping.  I did the same thing when my son moved into his own place.  I think your camera phone takes great photos...I love the place they moved into.  Hope they have many happy times there. Have a great weekend...hugs snd love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of new apartments!  I remember moving into my first one.  It was quite the ordeal.
Traci

Anonymous said...

Their apt is really cute. Nice of you to help with shopping. I hate moving!
Have a lovely weekend!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I lived in an Apartment buliding when stationed in germany...for 3 years...and i have to say...i will NEVER live in an Apartment building as long as i live if i have the choice not too!
I hate not having a yard of my own and privacy of my own!
But i do have to say....some apartments are REALLY nice...Like REALLY NICE...those i suppose i would let grow on me. LOL

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I do remember grocery shopping for the 1st time....(17 years ago) but man it cost sooooo much....You were a good mama to help them out...

Michele

Anonymous said...

Young love, new apartment, how exciting.   Good memories.             Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomads

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh your son and his partners apt looks great ,thanks for showing the pictures ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are moving right along & getting settled in.  Have a wonderful Sunday!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice place and yes i do remember first time to store and that was almost 38 years ago. I hope you can get some rest now. Mammaw

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Never even got an alert for this entry! I thought you'd gone quiet...lol!

Looks like a great place...is the area ok? I'm so excited for them!

Lv ya
xxxx

Anonymous said...

apartment looks great so far. I love the view from the balconey. ((((((hugs))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

His aparment looks really nice, D!!!  :)
Bet he's proud.  

XOXO,
bridgett