Sunday, July 1, 2007

~ GRRRRRRRRRRR ~

                 DsDesignsStormsofLife.gif


I made this graphic the other day, little did I know I'd be using it so soon!  (yes - it is snaggable if you want it)  It fits my mood right now -big time.  The thought keeps going through my head.  The news just confirmed my fears and all the rumors of the day.  Danny Briere and Christopher Drury, the co-captains of the Sabres are gone.   Christopher leaving hurt more then I can even explain.  He was a roll model to the other boys in the locker room and his absence is not something easily replaced. 

 

Danny went to Philly and obviously took the first offer made after things opened up.  I heard it shortly after 1.  How can one say it's not about the money?  I can't imagine Buffalo doing anything even close.  Making $10 million his first year and gradually going down over the next 8 years, for a total of $58 million.   Eight years??????  With no trade clause to boot.  He will be 37 when that contract is up.  YIKES!  Why did the owners have the lock out to stop this nonsense if none were going to keep with their own rules.  A year of hockey for not!!  Good luck Danny, enjoy your stay in Philly.  

 

Christopher is now a NY Ranger.  He will earn around $35 million over the next 5 years.  A bit more in line and an offer the Sabres were not given a chance to match.  Name of the unrestricted game, they don't have to be notified or informed.  GRRRRRRRR  I think in my heart of hearts the Sabres would have matched that one.  Good Luck Christopher!  You showed the media it wasn't all about being in California :)

 

So...... my boys have a totally new make up.  No one has been added yet to replace these guys and I wonder how well they will weather the storm.   How they will handle it.  Over the past two years we fell short of the big prize with these two guys, so maybe it was time for a change.  That is A LOT of money for two players when there is a salary cap.  I feel a bit ill tho.  I will always support my boys, always be behind them, but I was hoping..............   How will I handle this storm?  How will the rest of the fans handle it?  I wanted so bad to have Christopher back.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

 

A day that went down hill completely.  It's going to be a long off season................

 

Wishing you all a wonderful start to the week!

 

Hugs

~d

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a hockey fan -- but it looks like the Predators might be moving to my city.  I'll probably go to one game.  I am a football fan through and through.

Russ

Anonymous said...

I love the graphic!!!!!
Sug

Anonymous said...

D, owners will be the death of themselves in all sports.  I am sorry two of your players are gone.  I hope they can replace the void that is left, but I know you will stand behind them all the way.  Again, the graphic is so life like.  It appears to be alive and really storming.  I like it and the saying you've picked.  It is about how you handle it isn't it?  Great job

Anonymous said...

   I don't keep up with hockey, heck too many players in too many sports always re-negotiating and leaving.
   I like your graphic, it not only fits my day, but my life. I snagged it. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you have a great week too!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

i can relate to that tag, thank you. I am sorry about your two boys leaving. I hate change!
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

maybe they can turn into a better team with a few shake ups. Somethimes people get to looking for adn depnding on a few instead of working to strengthen thier abilities

Anonymous said...

What a great graphic, sorry about your team.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know I snagged that one!  ;o)  Seems I can vaguely remember feeling so much and caring so much about how a team did long, long ago.  I suppose at least next season will be new and fresh and perhaps they'll be a big surprise to everyone.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Wow. love the tag...I am a bit sea sick now...from the rolling of the waves...
Sorry about the boys leaving...I can feel your pain...hope you have a great Monday...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Nice graphic. I snagged this one to see if I could save it right. So far it looks like I have!! I am sorry about your "boys". What hockey team do you follow? I am not a hockey fan so I don't know much. It isn't like I don't like hockey, I just don't watch it. I love just about all sports, but love to see them live. I love college or city teams. I am not a big pro fan because after awhile they play like it is only for the money and not for the love. That is just my thoughts. I am a HUGE Oklahoma University football fan. Boomer Sooner!! Have a great day and week.
Amanda

Anonymous said...

That is a great graphic! I had to snag it. Sorry about your boys..
I hope you have a good Monday and a great week.
Hugs to you,
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope this season exceeds your expectations!
Traci

Anonymous said...

I understand completely Donna, when you have something that works and it is torn apart basically because of more money being involved and the Team you have has no chance to keep the players it really hurts.  As I am in Canada the Sabres and Bills are very much a part of our life here.  My son has seasons tickets to the Bills and cant wait till they start playing.  Hopefully, the players they get in return will add something to your club and they will continue to do well as in the past year.  

Anonymous said...

Very sorry, while i was going on about the  Sabres I forgot to say i really love the grpahic and did snag it.

Anonymous said...

Ohh thats such a shame i am sorry these guys are going. But omg all that money.Its such a lot. Is that there money or does it belong to the club, i have never understood how it works to be honest.Heres another request could you put a pic up of the 2 guys. I like to see there faces
Hugs and love
Katie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the graphic.  I just had to snag it.  Thank ya sooo much.
I'm sorry about your boys leaving.
I hope ya a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Aww sorry about your boys leaving, D.
The team will still be okay though, right?
Beautiful graphic, by the way.

Morgan
xxxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you lost part of your team, D.  :(
I don't know much about hockey, but I am sorry that it's making you feel blue.  

And the tag is beautiful.  

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Donna, the Flyers thank the Buffalo team. Ten Million is a lot of money. I can't imagine where the Flyers got it. Thanks again, Bill

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It won't be the same .. I'm bummed :(

Kris

Anonymous said...

This tag is soooo true. I snagged it.

Have A Great 4th!

Gab

Anonymous said...

omg, that graphic is f***in awesome!!!!

You're so good at these things...they just keep gettin better and better!

xxxxxx