Thursday, July 12, 2007

~ Good Morning ~

      DsDesignsGoodMorningChair.jpg


It's a tad bit chilly here this morning, but it is nice to have a break from the humidity.  The sun is shining brightly over the houses across the street and it is casting a yellow glow thru my front window.  A beautiful morning!

 

I have appointment number 3 at the Dentist today.  YEAH!  Almost there!  This should be a fairly quick stop in and then it's off to work.  Yesterday was absolutely crazy after taking Tuesday off.  I don't think I did one thing from 'to do' list for the day.  GRRRRRRR  The day did fly by, and hopefully today will follow suit.  Busy isn't a bad thing, and when it's like that I always leave with a sense of accomplishment, even if it is not what I planned on accomplishing.

 

Dad's follow up went well yesterday.  He got the bandage off and a few drops.  He said he still felt like someone poked him and the view was a bit cloudy or fuzzy, but each day it should get better.  Thank you again for all the words of support and kindness.  I do so appreciate it.

 

My sister is doing well.  The effects of chemo take a toll, and though it takes a bit longer to bounce back these days she is bouncing back.  If I remember correctly she goes for another scan tomorrow.   Continuing to pray and hope that all is still going in the right direction.  If you think about it, and have time, can you click and light a candle for her?  I so appreciate it.  I know she does too!!

 

My son and his girlfriend found an apartment, and will be moving in next week.  They are both so excited.  It's been busy getting this and that.  It's so different this time.  When it was the 3 guys very few extras were needed.  Now all the little things are wanted and needed.  Hopefully once they are in they will let me take pictures so I can share.  LOL  He will freak when I ask.  He calls me a 'tard' when it comes to stuff like that.  :::sigh::: he doesn't understand.  LMAO!!

 

Interesting news is breaking here.  I do hope it actually happens.  They are talking 'Ice Bowl'  In mid summer you ask?  Well, it's for hockey.  A few years ago they played a NHL game outside.  The talk is one will take place here this year.  My boys and the Penguins playing outdoors in the Buffalo Bills football stadium.  It holds 80,000+, and is rumored to be Jan 1.  The schedule came out yesterday and sure as all get out we are playing the Penguins at home at 1 in afternoon that day.  No confirmation yet, but how cool that would be!  I'm not talking just weather either.  I do hope it happens, that is one game I would not miss!

 

Ok, I have to get moving here.  Hope everyone has a great day!!

 

Hugs

~d

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleased to hear the treatment went well with your Dad ,I do hope each day brings an improvement ,good luck at the dentist ,though nothing is going to be as bad as when you had the initial treatment ,ugh I remember what a time you had ,How exciting your son and his young ladfy moving in together and setting up home ,lol at the pictures of it ,'youll be lucky' lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good luck at dentist. {{}}
Happy all is going well with dad, said anothr little prayer for him this morn. Also for your dear sister, & yes I do light a candle for her along with several others a couple times a week. (my prayers are morn & night, candle lighting is twicw weekly, unless an emerg arises)
Hoping my DSL is sorted out, will TRY & make a post later today. :)
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your dad is looking good now.  I am praying for your sister in my evening prayers.   As I do all the other Jland friends who are going through rough times.  Dentists......I hate them!!!!  Glad your treatment is nearly over.  I didn't realise we had to go relight the candles I had forgotten that part.  Will go now.   Take care....Jeanie   xxx

Anonymous said...

Lit a candle, said a prayer...that's a nice site.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Oh it's beautiful up here in the Northeast today isn't it?  No humidity!

I need to go the the dentist, like, a year ago LOL  I drink too much Diet Coke and it's rotting my teeth!  I wish I could have them all ripped out.  I heard dentures are no walk in the park but if it saves me money and grief in the long run, sign me up!  I don't mind getting work done, it's the cost that gets me!  

I think  the only thing completely covered on my insurance is x-rays, cleanings and silver fillings.  Unfortnately for me, all my cavities are along the gumline on my back teeth and they need to cap/crown the suckers and that's almost 2 grand!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your dad is getting better. And slowly but surely...so is your sister as well. :o) Cute how your son calls you a "tard"...lol. :o) Pictures would be cute to see. :o) I hope you have a great day my friend. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

yes with in a week he will be feeling great. seeing so good. tits annoying at first tough . Ye s I ll light a candle for your sister sure nuff.
the game sounds like an interesting one hope its not snowing lol

Anonymous said...

Thank you on the news of your sister and your dad.i hope our prayers are being answered. Good luck to your son and his girlfriend, i hope they remain always this happy with each other. I just hate the word Tard!! is it just me or do you find it insulting? My son plays on xbox360 live and that is all i hear him coming out with. maybe its just me.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear the news of your Dad and the Game ~ Yahoooooo!!!!!!!! I am on my way over to light my candle with my thoughts and prayers to follow! Take care of you and yours ~ Enjoy your day!
Katie

Anonymous said...

My kids are the same way about pictures, they absolutely HATE my camera, unless they need a photo taken....THATS another story!  Jeeeeeeez, KIDS!
Glad to hear your sister is doing well.
It's beautiful day in Southern NY, enjoy the day~
Marie

Anonymous said...

your sister and your dad are always near to my heart and in my prayers...i am so glad to hear things are going well for both. I always try to light that candle every morning when i get home from work. Your journal is ALWAYS my first stop.
It was chilly here today too....quite a nip in the air....i did not like that....i want warm breezes! Try to do your best at work and then come home and take it easy.
Love,lj

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your Dad and Sis are doing fine.  Happy for you that the weather has cooled off, it makes a hugh different in how we feel.  I love the tag and am going to snag it, thanks, Joni

Anonymous said...

Just got back from lighting a candle :)  Have a good day!!  Julie :)  

Anonymous said...

Aww....so glad to hear your dad is doing well.  :)
My grandma is too.  I guess they're both blessed.  

Have a great day, D!
XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Looks like everything is hunky Dory in your part of the world!
Gaz xxxx

Anonymous said...

I lit a candle for her .. I sure hope all is going well with everyone and fell better soon!!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

   That is good news about your dad and sister. I tried to light a candle but I don't think it went through. The page froze, but that site is neat.
  BTW hope your dentist appt went well.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT YOUR DADDY! GOING TO GO NOW...GOTTA LIGHT A CANDLE!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I sure hope your sister perks up soon and Dad too.  I hope things work out for your son.  Thats a big step!  Linda

Anonymous said...

moving on up and out good for your soon i want to find my own apartment lol. No mother no phone just silence. Thats great that your father is doing good afterwards and your sister is bouncing back is even better good night.

Anonymous said...

Ewww I don't like the dentist!  Hope it went well.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is on the mend.  Ice Bowl, you must be in 7th heaven.


                   Julie

Anonymous said...

Lite a candle for your sister....prayers being said....
Hope you have a grand Friday...
take care
Ellie

Anonymous said...

Candle lit and burning good luck to your sis. Welcome to your new home to your son and partner. Hope the match goes ahead.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Donna,

I'm so glad to hear that your dad is recuperating well from his surgery.  Also, that you were blessed with such an bright sunny morning (seeing that you posted this yesterday, I apologize for the late comment - I'm having a hard time keeping up with things lately!)

I lit a candle for your sister...  It was a very moving and beautiful experience, and I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope your Friday treated you kindly as well!

Love,

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I've certainly been out of it lately.  I lit a candle for your sister and am praying that your dad gets stronger each day.  Boy, I missed all of this.  Hope all is going well.   Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Happy to read about your Dad doing better....and my prayers go out to your sis.  Sounds like it was busy with dentist...and all the excitement for your son and his girlfriend.  Hope the weekend brings you joy.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Great news about Dad and your sister.  I will keep both in my prayers.  Son, moving in with a girl.  hehehehe good for them!  Is it good for you?  More or less worry?  Good luck at the dentist, and with the outdoor game and your boys.  Only heard bits and pieces here.  Fill us in when you can, that does sound interesting.