Thursday, May 11, 2006

Battles

           DsDesignsBattles.gif


Well, the boys did not sweep the series.  Ottawa won 2-1.  As much as I wanted it, and believe, I think I would have been shocked had it happened.  Ottawa is a very good team, and has been favored by most of the media to win it all since Oct.  Winning 4 in a row is a feat and to do it against a strong team is almost impossible.  With that said, they will have to win 3(more) in a row to knock us out.  I will be the first to say it could happen, but I have faith in my boys.  We finished only 3 points behind them, so we are no push overs.  I just get a bit nervous things will get in their head.  Second guess themselves, play tight, try too hard.  Aaaahhhh... the play offs.  A wonderful time of the year!  LOL  I appreciate the cheers, good luck wishes, and support.  Just need a little more, k?

 

Lots of other battles going on .... work has been a little stressful.  Home life has had some drama and battles.  Thank God they are only involving me because it is happening in my house.  I just need some time away I think, or to send others away.  :)

 

I'm tired and I need to get to bed before midnight tonight.  It's been late nights and this old body can't take it. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma always used to say, "Sleep on it-things will look much different in the morning."  She was a very wise woman. God Bless you and your dreams tonight. :)  Beckie

Anonymous said...

There's always battles in our lives it seems, some small & some large. We just need to pray for strength & guidance to carry us through!
Blessings,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hey Donna! I'm sorry that they didn't win..sigh..that must be dissapointing.
I do love your graphics ! nice! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Awww they did well though! I bet your proud of them. Hope your home life battles solve themselves!! Our house seems surprisingly calm these days! LOL Take care. Laine xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/MyArtWorld/

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm sorry they didn't pull it off in this game, but I have faith they will prevail in the series.  Sorry your home and work life is stressful right now.  You're right, a break from it all might be just what you need.  I hope you get some much needed rest.
Sam

Anonymous said...

It's Friday, just dropping in to wish you a beautiful wkend! ;0)
Blessings, SUGAR

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So that means that there is still a chance that my co-worker can still use her tickets for this round.  Although she was hoping for a sweep too.

Anonymous said...

sorry they didn't sweep the series!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Well, good luck with your boys. I hope all the stress goes away - wouldn`t that be nice??
Hugs,
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Sorry the boys didn't sweep the series. Good luck with the rest of the games. Think you sound like you need a break away from everything. Hope you get a good nights sleep, have a great weekend. Jeanette xx

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Sorry to hear the guyz didn't pull it off this time but I'm sure they will in the future!!!
Keep your chin up!
Love your graphic!
Dianna