Saturday, May 6, 2006

Day is Done......

I've come off the high from the exciting win last night.  I was so wired I had a hard time falling asleep.  The excitement only lasts a bit, then it's back to having the game face.  LOL You'd think I played on the team. 

 

Today was a pretty busy day.  Had laundry and household chores here, and then it was off to my parents.  They will be putting their house on the market and moving into something smaller.  The house they are in is just way to much for them.  They've been in the house for almost 30 years, and let me tell you they've accumulated so much crap!  My 4 sisters and 1 brother were there along with brother in laws.  Carpets got ripped out, woodwork washed, things boxed up, pack rat garbage thrown out.  It sounds like a ton and a ton was accomplished but it wasn't too awful bad.  It was tough fitting us all in one room, reaching, grabbing, moving, boxing.  A few toes got stepped on and finger nails broke but the house looks so much better.  Mom and Dad still have a ton to go through but now the big stuff is done they can work on the little things.

 

Got home about 8 and wanted to finish playing with this graphic.  I am actually going to show you the before shot and the finished graphic.  I took the picture the other day.  It's a shot across the street from my office.  Every year I look at the contrast on the trees and think to myself I need to get a picture of it.  This year I actually got my lazy ass to do it.  As you can see the picture as is amounts to nothing.  Cars in the parking lot, garbage dumpster's, a portion of two different buildings, etc.  But the colors of the blooms and leaves busting out of their cocoons always makes me think, it's spring!

 

 

          DsDesignsOriginalLakefrontDream.jpg

 

 

Now, I took the buildings and parking lot out of the shot.  I filled in a bit of the trees because for me trying to get rid of the background in between the branches was just to tedious and hard, and like I said I can be a lazy ass.  LOL  Because of the sun and shadows thrown it was difficult to get some of the branches to blend and I know in spots it is too perfect.  I need to work on that.  Then I extended the grass a bit, again the shadows played a major roll, but I think it's ok.  I took water from another picture and filled in the background to make it appear as though there is a lake, pond, river, and added the bench and girl.  To come up with the finished product below. 

 

         DsDesignsLakeFrontDream.gif

 

Now, I don't always do so much to one graphic, it depends on what I am trying to accomplish.  Sometimes I take an existing picture and just add glitter or sparkle, sometimes I just throw in an item or two.  Either way, sometimes it is a lot more time consuming then folks realize and I thought sharing the before and after might give you a bit of insight.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you wanted to do a graphic with this!  Those trees are gorgeous!  -  Barbara
P.S.  _ Don't work too hard!  Rest a little too.  ;o)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I was about to say I dont envy you ..then remembered my brother, sister and I plus our spouses had quiet a fun day together when we down sized my Mothers house .........The before and after is good, shows how much work is involved,clever girl ..........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to have you talk us through just what went into making this one, it came out lovely! I love clearing out clutter, that's what I'm doing at the moment! Hope your parents manage to seel the house soon. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Great job!  I know that is a lot of work tubing those trees out of the pic.  And good luck to your parents selling their house.  : )  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Very nice!   It is nice when we consume our time with things we like to do...
Maria

Anonymous said...

That graphic came out AMAZING especially after seeing what it looked like BEFORE!  We have a ton of those trees around here and just bought one for our yard that has yet to be planted.  LOVE THEM!!  
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are just amazing!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

wow amazing colors in yuor graphics! I lvoe your folks area  there nice block!
love,nat

Anonymous said...

I love this it's so pretty and reflective.

Anonymous said...

Donna,

Thank you so much for explaining this graphic and showing the before and after.  It was so interesting to me to learn a little bit about how much goes into these.  It makes me appreciate you even more for sharing your work.....my gosh.....it takes a LOT of work on your part, and they are all so beautiful!

~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

"WOW" is all I can type Donna. You are really GOOD at what you do !!

Poochie

Anonymous said...

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAM TO GET TO TAKE THE PHOTOS APART LIKE YOU DID,AND WHAT TO USE TO ADD ANIMATION.IT LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN. THANKS FOR ANY INFO
MAXSOX5@AOL.COM

http://journals.aol.com/maxsox5/MOMENTSTOREMEMBER/
http://connies-photo-pages.blogspot.com/