Wednesday, May 10, 2006

OMG! I'm so high.........

                        DsDesignsJPHeroGame3.gif


ROFL Did I get anyone's attention with that title?  Game 3 pretty much just ended and I'm on such a high, such a rush, and I am literally shaking.  I've commented on each of the first two games how great they were, but the intensity increases each time.  Tonight was no different, but this time it was in our house.  Thousands gathered in the plaza in front of the arena for a pre-game party.  The chants could be heard for blocks.  Nine minutes into the game Chris Drury put Buffalo ahead 1-0.  All 9 games this post season Buffalo has scored first.  The record is held by Chicago who did it 11 times in 1973.  The scored stayed 1-0 throughout the second period.  It was intense and you could see Ottawa fighting to get a goal.  Shots on goal were a little more balanced tonight and all the boys chipped in to block shots, sacrificing their bodies.  About six minutes into the 3rd Ottawa got on the board to tie the game while on a 5-3 power play.  'My Maxie' put us back ahead 5 minutes later.  Ottawa pressed and pressed and unfortunately had another penalty with 2 minutes left and they scored to tie the game.  Another OT game.  I was nervous, my heart was pumping, and I could feel myself get hot.  Am I sick or what?  :::giggle::: I should have gone to the restroom between the periods, but I got busy yacking and didn't.  I could hold it no longer and went.  As I was behind closed doors I could hear my nephews scream, but heard nothing on the TV.  I would not put it past them to razz me so I figured that was it, but nope, JP Dumont took a pass from Pyatt (pixie dust), it actually deflected and was high over his head.  JP leaped, knocked the puck down, slapped at it as it bounced and it knuckle balled over the goalie.  Buffalo leads the series 3-0.  OMG!!!!  I was confident we'd win the series but never did I expect this.  Do I dare think/dream sweep?

 

Timmy did not play tonight.  They are sayingit's an upper body injury and is day to day.  Day to day?  Sounds like no concussion, but in the playoffs you never know.  They are so secretive about injuries.  Dmitri Kalinin is out too, but his injury is lower body and seems to be a bit more serious as he is listed week to week.  Both very important players in our line up out but the boys stepped up.  Dominik Hasek practiced for Ottawa today, and apparently sparked rumors and speculation that he may play.  Over the length of his career he has had issues with his groin and injured it again at the Olympics.  He hasn't played or practiced since.  Just days ago he said he could not play nor stop the puck so I have to wonder how in a matter of days he'd be in game shape.  A ploy?  A PR move?  An attempt to psych out the boys?  He didn't play and I can't see it happening in game 4 which is tomorrow night.  But... you never know.


Can my heart handle back to back games??

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!  again!  lol  Congrats.  I hope they take it!  Hugs, Shelly

Anonymous said...

What can I say? Wow! The boys are doing great.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

You appear to be a little excited!! I hope this winning streak  continues for your boys, I wanna see how excited you can get before you explode!! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

YOU ENJOYED THE GAME THEN ?????  ;>)....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You mean you have to go through all of this again tomorrow night?  LMAO!  Seriously, though, it's great that you boys won.  Could this be the year?  Can one hope?  Congrats to your boys and I wish them luck in the next game.
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

D~Yes, you got mine! LOL! I don't like hockey, but I do get into baseball so I may have to get inspired by your example to start going off the deep end a lil abt it! ;-) Sassy

Anonymous said...

Donna, congrats to the "boys" and you. Nice game. Best of luck for the rest of the playoff.
Bill

Anonymous said...

wow! sounds soooo exciting! love,nat

Anonymous said...

Good for the guys!
Wow - read that title and thought you suddenly started smokin' weed!
LOL
YAY Guyz!
Dianna