Monday, May 8, 2006

Going back to Sunday Afternoon

             DsDesignsSpringMoon.jpg

 

I never did get a nap on Sunday but instead got invited to my sisters for dinner.  The weather had warmed up and the sun was shining bright.  We spent all day sitting in her backyard yacking and enjoying the weather.  What a difference from the early morning chill.  Kids came and went and it was bustling all day.  The little ones were there and had a blast running and playing.  My sisters backyard runs right up to a beautiful wood playground.  It's huge and looks like castles as it rises and falls with hidden areas, slides, and swings.  It had kids, kids, and more kids running around giggling and playing games.  Our little ones were no different.

 

The 'bug' doesn't like to pose for the camera anymore, but I was able to sneak a few shots while she wasn't paying attention.    Sometimes I think those shots are better anyway :)  

 

                DsDesignsRileyPlayground.jpg

 

                                   DsDesignsRileyGrandmas.jpg

 

                                DsDesignsRileyFlowers.jpg

 

 

I had the big guy get up on his uncles jet ski and pose.  I promised him I would make him move.  As you see, I kept my promise!!!  Sometimes I think he feels left out when he sees so many shots of his sister.  She's easy though, add a bit of glitter and it's good.  Add glitter to him?  I think not! 

 

 DsDesignsGageRidingHigh.jpg

 

                      DsDesignsGageJetSki.gif

 

Found a Robin's nest in her tree near the deck and was able to steal a shot of the eggs.  Mother didn't come squawking as there were too many of us around but rest assured she was close by watching. 

 

    DsDesignsRobinEggs.jpg

 

I also had to grab a shot of the moon.  The tree branches against the blue sky with the moon above was to beautiful to pass up.  It definitely puts an exclamation mark on the day!  Then of course a shot of the sun as it sets behind the trees across the street.  A wonderful day and a beautiful end.........

 

DsDesignsSunset5-7-06.jpg

 

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics...
The kids are adorable,
I love the one where you made
the jet ski move on the water..amazing!
Hugss..~Terri~

Anonymous said...

Donna,

I really enjoyed these pictures....the children are adorable!!  I bet the little boy will be very pleased when he sees how you made him move!!  He reminds me of my Grandson....about the same age....he would love seeing himself moving like that! (ha)  Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time at your sister's for dinner.

The "Bug" and her brother are absolutely ADORABLE !! You have beautiful people in your family lol. Now send one of those shots of them to "AMERICA'S CUTEST KIDS" !!!

Luv ya,
Poochie

Anonymous said...

Hi there Donna, hows it going? Its been a long time since i commented. im Leslie I have commented a few times here a while back. I just wanted to stop by and say hey and see how all is going ;) I do read often here, more like lurk, hee. But wanted to let u know im here and loving ur j ;) U are such a wonderful person, have a good outlook on life and a beautiful fam. Im so glad u had a wonderful time at ur sisters. Great pics, u are soo talented. I enjoy ur graphics very much. i cant ty enough for sharing them with us all. Take care, have a good day. Come by my js anytime :) *hugs, Leslie

http://journals.aol.com/ocoeegurlie26/MySnapshots
http://journals.aol.com/ocoeegurlie26/mediumslife

Anonymous said...

Hi there Donna, hows it going? Its been a long time since i commented. im Leslie I have commented a few times here a while back. I just wanted to stop by and say hey and see how all is going ;) I do read often here, more like lurk, hee. But wanted to let u know im here and loving ur j ;) U are such a wonderful person, have a good outlook on life and a beautiful fam. Im so glad u had a wonderful time at ur sisters. Great pics, u are soo talented. I enjoy ur graphics very much. i cant ty enough for sharing them with us all. Take care, have a good day. Come by my js anytime :) *hugs, Leslie

http://journals.aol.com/ocoeegurlie26/MySnapshots
http://journals.aol.com/ocoeegurlie26/mediumslife

Anonymous said...

wow! your neice and nephew were made for the photos!
and the colors are great!
nat

Anonymous said...

Donna your pictures are really lovely ,the 'Bug ' with the flowers delightful ,love the misty effect of the birds nest ,and the one on the water is sure to please .......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love the unposed photos of your niece, very natural. Also love the one of your nephew on the water, bet he loves it too! The robins eggs are so pretty and the sunset and moonshot were brilliant too. Looks like you had a wonderful day together!! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
These are some great shots!  I can think of no better weay of spending a Sunday afternoon than in the company of family and good friends.  I know why you call your niece the bug.  Because she is cute as a bug.  I like the annimation you did for the big guy!  Great entry!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Great pictures thanks for sharing.  Linda

Anonymous said...

How very enjoyable!  The kids are adorable!  I have a robin nesting in the yard, probably the same idiots from last year who next 60 feet off the ground and the babies get eaten by cats....  Linda

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

LOL Sorry just made my J private and forgot that fast. If you want an invite, please e-mail me and I will give you access.. I am such a goober.

~Theresa~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well, you certainly made some good pictures and they look like you had a good time.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Aww!  These are all great.  It loks as though good times were had by all. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

The "bug" looks beautiful in all the pictures but the one with the flowers is so very, very pretty. Beautiful entry. I could crawl into that sunset photo.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. "Bug" is so cute. With grandsons and granddaughters, I can relate to your problem. I also favor the girls and when I look at the picturesI realize i have only a few ot the boys, My excuse is that they do not stand still long enough. Unposed shot are my best too.
Love them all like I do mine and we will do great.
Bill

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love it!  The children are so sweet and I love the sunset!  Glad you had a good time.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Your "bug" is so cute especially with the flowers and her big brother is a handsome lad too. Bet he was pleased with the jet ski one!!  Eve

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! You have such a good eye for good images!
Thanks for sharing :) Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

robins eggs are blue.  I never knew that.  

When you told him that you would make him move, did he think you met the actual jet ski.  LOL