Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Flying High!

                       DsDesignsMoonStar.gif


I am flying so high right now I could reach the moon and the stars.  The boys finished off the series tonight winning 7-1 in Philadelphia, and they will come home in one piece.  The high score was a double edged sword.  It was a good thing as the arena in Philly emptied rather quickly and it put my mind and heart at ease.  I wasn't so afraid of the fan reaction to the loss.  On the other side it took some of the excitement out of advancing.  The boys were calm and cool after the final buzzer went.  They did not jump around or roll on the ice in jubilation.  They hugged and high 5'ed as though it were another game.  Classy action in my mind.  No need to rub it in.  While I'm on the 'classy' subject the NHL has one of the classiest playoffs.  After each series is over the teams line up at center and shake hands.  I get chills each and every time. 

 

Now the celebrating won't last long.  Since Carolina won over Montreal we will be meeting up with the Ottawa Senators.  This will not be an easy task.  I heard earlier today the series will start on Friday as Ottawa has home ice advantage and they have Dora Dora at the arena both Saturday and Sunday.  Thank God we didn't go to game 7, it would have been Thursday and we'd be playing back to back.  I am thrilled we advanced and will be cheering my boys on, but we have a huge task at hand!

 

The entire first round will not be complete until tomorrow.  Calgary and Anaheim will be playing game 7, and when that is over the next round will be set.  I will post the games after that.  On a side note I need to congratulate Shelly at xxRoxyMamaxx, she has 6 out of a possible 7 correct.  I know she got some slack for not picking her Lightening, but this girl obviously knew something!!  Now watch, she will tell me she picked by color or something :)   I will post the entire points after tomorrow's game.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy your team won, and I love the graphic.

Anonymous said...

I should have know that it was hockey that had you preoccupied...lol...Glad that things are going well with you...and got my laughes....you will have to let us know how she picked her teams...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Iam so happy for you ,your team winning ,way to go ............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your team won the game, wishing them luck against Ottawa. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Way to go team!  I knew your boys would prevail over Philly!  Looking forward to seeing how everyone did with their picks.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the boys (and to the biggest fan!!!)

Anonymous said...

Great news!  Good luck Team!

Maria

Anonymous said...

LOL.  No I did not pick by color! lol  But I did pick most of the Canadian teams, cause well, they know hockey better than anything.  Congrats to your boys!  And good luck to them against Ottawa. Tough team.  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Congradulations to your guys!!!!   -  BArbara

Anonymous said...

Donna, way to go and congrats to the Sabers and your boys. Do I have to apologize again for the Flyer's fans? They do get worked up at times. This time they saw the writing in the ice and went home early, with their tails between their skate.
Good Luck to the Sabers.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the boys!! Good luck against Ottawa ;o)
(((HUGS)))
Angel

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the guys!!! I know you are happy!
The moon graphic is so pretty.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Congrats Donna on your boys!!!  I know you must be thrilled beyond belief......Your graphic is adorable, as usual.  I love waiting to see what you will come up with next.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Any chance of getting this graphic?  It is wonderful....

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!!  wtg, boys!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

LOLOL  YAY!  I bet it is fun to watch hockey with you. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies