Friday, May 5, 2006

Yeeeouzer!

                             DsDesignsGame1Hero5-5-2006.gif


Let me start by saying I haven't bitten off all my nails, but I don't think my heart will be the same for a bit.  I wasn't real happy that game 2 of this series wasn't going to be until Monday, but now I think it will take that long for me to recover. 

 

What a start to round 2!  I think this series will be the marquee of the new NHL!  Buffalo took the lead 35 seconds into the game.  Three minutes later Ottawa scored 2 goals 15 seconds apart.  Three minutes later we tie it up 2-2 on the power play.  Second period, 1:47 in the Senators scored, two minutes later we score a short handed goal to tie it again.  Less than a minute later Ottawa takes the lead again.  Argh!  It took fifteen minutes for us to score to tie it again.  Second period ends 4-4.  Third period starts and sixteen seconds, score, Ottawa up again and I am swearing my head off.  There is up and down play for the next eighteen minutes and then short handed we scored again to tie it up, but before I could even blink Ottawa scores and goes up again, 6-5.  My heart sinks.  I picked this series to go 7, but I really wanted to win the first one in Ottawa.  I thought we had the momentum and thought it would just keep us on a roll.  Then with about 13 seconds left in game we come back and score to tie it up.  OMG!!  I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.  What heart, what effort.  It's sudden death overtime!  The extra period starts and eighteen seconds in Christopher Drury puts it away and the Sabres come out with 7-6 win.  Thirteen goals total!  What excitement!!  Now I'm thrilled with the win but am in no way getting ahead of myself it's a long series against a very good team, but I am stoked with the win!  We had a lot of heroes tonight by I am highlighting Christopher because he scored the winner in OT, besides look at that face :)~  Kudos to Derek Roy for a 5 point night!  Tim Connolly had 3 points and scored the goal to tie the game and take it to OT.  Great job boys, lets regroup and do it again Monday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy! : )  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Game one hero sure is HOT!  no wonder you like to watch Hockey!  hugs, TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

So happy for you that your boys managed to fight back and win, have a great weekend! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Pleased your boys won and you still have some nails left ..hows my teams doing lol ?.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

As I cannot really comment on your sports or your teams I will wish you a very happy weekend instead.  Take care

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Wow!  That's the kind of game you wish you could see played every game!  LOL.  I'm thinking you might start a new career as a sports announcer!   Glad you enjoyed it and also glad your heart stayed in your chest -- right where it belongs.  LOL

Anonymous said...

He's nice Donna! No wonder you love it so much ;-) Great description ~ wish I could've seen it! Have a great weekend......recover in time for Monday lol
hugs Deb~xxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You certainly are gong ho! No doubt about that!!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Woo hooo! happy for ya Donna!
nat