Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Stayin Alive!

             DsDesignsStayinAlive.gif


Chicken skin and teary eyed, the boys did it!  They won game 6 in OT and forced a game 7.   It's down to the best of 1, all or nothing, move on or get out of the way.  I can only hope and pray we are the ones moving on.  This has been a magical season to say the least.  The boys fought hard through out the season.  Injuries, Lindy's daughter being sick, slumps, yet they keep fighting and coming back.  Can they do it 5 more times?  You have no idea how bad I want it!

 

The boys came out tonight full of piss and vinegar.  It was evident from the drop of the puck they were not going down without a fight.  Teppo tried to play and did go out for a few shifts and played about 4 minutes total.  His hip flexor must have acted up because that was it for him, but he stayed on the bench giving support and no doubt wanting to go out and help.  About 5 minutes in Danny Briere fought hard behind the net and got the puck out front to JP who scored.  Tears welled up right there.  JP was in the penalty box on Sunday when Carolina scored their OT goal.  It was a perfect come back for him.  We out shot Carolina 14-5 in the first but don't kid yourself, Ryan made some awesome stops.  Cam Ward kept Carolina in there.  In the second it was fast and furious with up and down play and a few times Ryan stood on his head and kept us up 1-0.  Shots on net were about equal.  Same with the third, Carolina came hard and really wanted to end it tonight.  They out shot us 12-6 and with about 4 minutes left in the game they scored.  I swore, and prayed.  In to overtime we went.  Several OT games this post ended in the first few minutes, and I wasn't sure how I wanted this to go.  I just knew I wanted the win so bad.  A little over 2 minutes in Carolina took a boarding penalty.  Our power play had struggled this series and I think everything on me was crossed.  With maybe 4 seconds left it happened.  Danny got the puck and wham, in the net.  YES! We are going to Carolina for game 7!  Stayin Alive!! 

 

Ok, so I'm a bit giddy, a bit delirious, a bit exhausted, but I have a grin like no other.

I can't take credit for the John Travolta dance insert, but  I saw it and had to add it.  Call me a goof!?!  Game 7 is Thursday, and I am so looking forward to it.  Say a cheer, say a prayer, and keep your fingers crossed for me, for my boys, please?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Graphic . . . and congrats to the "Boys" lol

Hugs,
Poochie

Anonymous said...

love the john travolta add in.....TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great result for your boys. Love the Travolta graphic. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

WOOP WOOP! HOORAY for the boys!
Blessings your way,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for you and your boys, hope they can do it again in Game 7 on thursday! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win and good luck with the next game, that's awesome.

Hugs,Angela

Anonymous said...

Can't stnd Travolta but WTG "Boys". Nice win.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Can't stnd Travolta but WTG "Boys". Nice win.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Praying, cheering, keeping fingers crossed and all that jazz. lol  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Wow!!  Congrats Donna....I know you must thrilled to death with the win...I'll say a prayer, keep fingers crossed, toes, whatever it takes...(ha)  Your graphic is too cute...

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Your guys are still alive, mine bit the dust losing three home games to Edmonton.  Have a great Thursday.

Phil

Anonymous said...

alright! good job! :):)
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Love the graphic! Good job and good luck!
*~ Dianna ~*