Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday

                 DsDesignsCountryLife.gif


Today was magnificent.  Steve and I went out for breakfast earlier today.  The place we intended to go to was absolutely mobbed.  There had to be 50 people outside waiting and I can only imagine what was inside so we just kept driving.  Like I said, we could have done McDonald's and I would have been happy.  No reservations, just a spontaneous idea for the most part so we knew it would be tough.  We ended up at Denny's and being just the two of us it wasn't a bad wait for a table.  Our food, well that took a bit longer, but it was nice to sit and chat.  I did have to compete with some text messaging, but I lived.  We dropped by my Mother's to say hello and share some good wishes.  They were going to be hitting some open houses so we didn't stick around long.  Besides it had warmed up a great deal and I wanted to get out of my jeans.

 

Karen and I had actually stopped at Mom's yesterday with the hanging baskets we bought.  Karen ordered them from someone she worked with so early Saturday morning we took a ride to pick them up.  It was only about a 10-15 drive, but far enough to see some nice country side.  I had taken my camera and actually took some pictures from the side of the road.  The one of the cows above being one of them.  I am always looking for some background pictures to use with my graphics.  I needed 'real grass' and think I found it!  The fence, the girl, the butterfly, and the additional purple/pink flowers were added by me.  I thought the finishing touches were perfect :)  Bias maybe?

 

The afternoon was very relaxing and I celebrated like a Mom should on her day.  I did nothing!  My nephew's stopped by to see their Mom and I decided to give them some private time and went for a nap :::giggle:::  Perfect, don't you think?  I was up late last night and up early this morning.  By this time the clouds had rolled in and a slight rain started to fall.  It was great climbing into bed and letting the pitter patter of the rain lull me into a deep sleep.  A deep sleep it was, but I knew I was tired. 

 

Thanks to everyone for the Mother's Day wishes, I hope everyone else's day was as expected and perfect in every way.  The comments about my Mom are appreciated as well.  She is a wonderful lady and by far the best!  We all say that though, don't we?  She did get the chance to read the entry and with tears in her eyes she laughed asking 'why did you put that in there.'  Not sure if she was referring to the smack, or just the praises but I know she was thrilled with the attention.  She deserves it!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, D!  I was reading your entry about your mother.  So beautiful.  Mothers do seem to be the glue that holds it all together.  Glad you had a nice, relaxing day.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Awww that was so cool about your mom reading the entry!
Glad you had a good day!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful graphic. I visited back a few entries. I have been working and not had a chance to visit in a few days. The mother's Day graphics were so pretty and I liked the morning graphic too. She is so cute. I especially loved your entry and pics of your mother. I'm happy your mother's day was so nice. Mine was awesome too.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you that you had such a great day! Thanks for sharing your day with us. Nite-nite! Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The graphics is so pretty.  How clever to use your photo!  I have done that on occasion but just with the ocean.  That is really nice.  I'm glad you had a great day too!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

The grtaphic is made to perfection, wonderful! Glad you had a great day! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Superb job on the grtaphic, glad you got a shot of some real grass for your designs.  It sounds like a good day for all of your family.  I'm glad your mom got to see the tribute you wrote to her.
Sam

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful graphic!  I'm glad you had a nice day..  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Aww Donna! (((Donna)))
you are awesome! love you I lvoe yoru graphics
natalie

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good mother's day and weekend!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day. I am glad you had a wonderful time!

hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

Your graphic is wonderful!!!  I love it when you tell us about how you did it, makes it even more interesting, besides beautiful!  So glad your Mom got to see your wonderful entry and that you had such a nice time with your son.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~