Monday, May 15, 2006

East Coast

   DsDesignsCityRain.gif


This scene could probably be found in most cities on the East Coast.  Ok, so no Victorian dress, Carriages, old time Fords, or even Trolleys, but the colored umbrella's and rain coming down in steady droves is a site most of us have seen enough of.  We've been pretty lucky here, as it rains, stops for a bit to absorb, and then starts again.  Folks in the New England area are building arks, and pumping water out of all and any low spots.  My good thoughts go out to each of them!

 

Here we really needed the rain.  We had very little snow per say and things were pretty dried out.  Allergies were kicking in at an all time high since the pollen just stayed in the air instead of washing away or settling.  Our temps haven't been too bad either.  Currently it's about 55 and that is chilly in comparison to what it has been so I shouldn't complain.  Besides, I look outside and in addition to the dreary clouds and the steady rain I see green.  Vibrant greens of all shades.  Patch work though out the lawn.  Uh huh, and the darkest of dark are the weeds growing.  But alas, without weeds we would not have those pretty yellow flowers that draw bees and eventually turn into white fuzz... oh my... aaaahhhccchhhheeeew!  Seriously, it is a green I've missed.  Bright, almost florescent green, soft pastel greens, the green my son's eyes turn when he is not feeling well, and the green of a dark forest.  Added into that the left over pink, yellow, and white blossoms scattered about and it is picture perfect.  Oh wait, the rain, damn it!  The wild flowers in the garden in front of my house are budding and flowering.  The deepest darkest purple one could imagine.  Some even look black, and no smarty pants, they are not dead!  :)  When the sun does come out we will glow in color.  Bushes will need to be cut back, flowers pruned, and grass cut.  Who's got that on their 'honey do list'  :::giggle:::  Your honey of course! 

 

Stay warm and dry everyone.... The sun will come out..... oooh hell I hate that song!  Hugs

 

Ohhh and PS... if it isn't raining in your neck of the woods.. it will be!  LOL  So don't rub it in :)~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

VEry nice graphic...I just got cable today and it is so awesome to click your site and have everything load so quick...Stay dry if possible...hugs, TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The graphic is awesome!
Well, I've lived on the East Coast all my life and have only seen Victorian in plays.
Too bad you have the rain but soon you'll reap the benefits that grow along with that; overgrown lawn! LOL
Dianna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yea that scene looks familiar, lots of rain here too!  As for a honey do list, no such thing.  My "honey" perfects the art of being a couch potato
Linda

Anonymous said...

Donna
We got our share of the rain.  The sun didn't come out until about four in the afternoon.  Up until then is was on and off rain all day.  Nice graphic!
Sam

Anonymous said...

It's raining here Donna ~ in droves!! But we have a water shortage ~ hosepipes are already banned ~ so we desperately need it ! Love your description ~ and I hate that song too lol
Stay dry !
Hugs Deb ~xxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

That's a great graphic! We had heavy rain here today, we're in our driest spell for over one hundred years so we need it, don't mean to say we have to like it!! I love to see the fresh green leaves on the trees and the daisies and dandelions grow too. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

OK, I've been lurking but Dianna told me to say hello : )
I live in Delaware, the above picture looks just like a street in the city of Wilmington here. There is an old theater and hotel along the street and the structure looks almost identical to the above picture.
I have been admiring your graphics for a while now, I am in awe of your talent and how each picture tells a story. So many of them make you want to jump right into them. You have an amazing talent, and so glad you share it with others.
It rained here Monday and I thought it would never stop, luckily though only one day. Stay dry and I promise not to lurk anymore : )
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

What's the difference between using and snagging?
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphic!!!!  The longer you look, the more you see.....and I love the way you describe things....

Take Care,
~Bilinda~