Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hump Day

   DsDesignsWaterfallPanorama.gif


And what a day it has been.  I had such a hard time falling asleep last night, as I am sure the entire city did.  So many folks wired after the overtime win last night.  As I lay in bed about midnight I could hear cars drive by with yells coming from the windows, 'Go Sabres!'  I tossed and turned and tried to relax so I could fall asleep, said a few prayers in there as well.  Game 7 is tomorrow.  The winner of that game will advance to play for Lord Stanley in another 7 game series against Edmonton.  Wish us luck :)

 

Woke up this morning to another hot day.  The temps have been in the 80's for the past couple of days and today was no different.  It was hot and sticky with a haze laying low.  Even with the haze you could still feel the suns heat.  They have been calling for rain but it has yet to arrive.  The air is thick and the heat is just adding to the drowsy feeling I have.  I'd love nothing more than to be at the base of that falls feeling the spray and mist.  It definitely would feel cool.  Now, I'm not complaining, we've been waiting for this weather.   They say it will cool down a bit and get back to our normal temps of the 70's in the next couple of days.  Either way so long as the sun is out and summer is here.

 

I've been a bit preoccupied with my boys these days and I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much hockey talk, but hey... it's me and I love my boys :)  I did work on a few graphics tonight and I will share them in a few.  I haven't been surfing through J Land much either.  I turned off alerts and bowed out of a few graphic groups I'm in but I still came home from my weekend to almost 500 pieces of mail.  I weeded through most of it, but holy crap there was a ton!  I'm still trying to catch up on personal things, household chores, my tag journal, graphics to share.  Hopefully you'll all understand.

I do hope everyone is doing great and that the holiday weekend was fabulous!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I understand. I go through that every now and then....at one point I got too overwhelmed. But you know, you can only do so much for anything and for anyone. I know you're proud of your boy's and their sports. Keep writing...I enjoy your entries.
Take care,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am sure it happens to many, I know there are times when I have to either turn off alerts or delete. We are only human.  I was going to ask you if you could make a special graphic for me for Nathan's 2nd Birthday but in the circumstances I will leave it and let you get caught up with yourself.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

We all understand Donna. We can easily get overwhelmed by alerts, they build up overnight! Of course we don't mind you talking about your boys and hockey, that's you......same as I warble on about my cats!! I love the waterfall graphic. Have a great day! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I've been so busy too, get so discouraged with the house being such a mess and the garden wanted to be planted and me wanting free time to just do fun stuff and being torn in between all three and only one weekday off a week.  Sigh.....  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!  It's your journal and it is titled, 'This and that and HOCKEY!'  LOL.  Not too worry about what you write about.  :)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

The temp. over there only got into the 80's.  We got torched in Rochester.  Record breaking 92 degrees on Monday, and I think Tuesday was even hotter.  I'm hoping that your boys pull off the victory tonight.  Good Luck!

Go SABERS!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Donna,

Your graphic is just awesome!!  I'd love to see it in person!!  I'm so glad you had a great time on your outing....but glad you're back too!  Missed ya!  Keeping your boys in my prayers that they play well and no more injuries!  Try to get some rest and just relax......I know what you mean about alerts...I was getting so stressed trying to keep up, I just had to delete them and visit the journals and read several entries and try to comment....people understand, everyone needs a break now and then.

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Another great animated fall.  I love moving water!!

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek