Thursday, May 4, 2006

Relaxing

           DsDesignsBreezyPoint.gif


Just relaxing before round 2.  My sister Karen is no doubt thrilled, no hockey tonight and she has control of the remote.  She is not a big sports fan and I can only imagine how nuts I am making her.  Not only do I HAVE to see my boys, but I want to see as many games as possible, even if it means staying up late to get the West coast games.  So you guessed it, it has pretty much been hockey, hockey, and more hockey in my household.  We get a bit of a break before round 2, which starts tomorrow.  The schedules now get a little goofy as each city has some things already booked in the arena's.  I told you about Dora Dora in Ottawa, and forgot all about our arena.  There is a concert on Friday and then the Bandits (Lacrosse team) has a playoff game Saturday.  So our games are Friday & Monday in Ottawa, then Wed and Thurs in Buffalo.  I hate back to back like that, but whatcha gonna do?  On our off nights there will be other games being played so I will surely get my fill.  Or... do I ever??  Nope!

 

Day today was pretty good.  Work gives out 2 hour passes for being recognized for 'good deeds', etc., and I have a stock pile of them.  I wanted to get a few out of the way so I actually left work early today and will use another tomorrow.  I did a few things on my home and ran a few errands for my son.  He has been a 'working dog' and runs out of time before he can get all his things done.  He loves his job and enjoys the money even more!  He went through a few different shifts and it looks like he may be on 3-11 Mon-Fri for the next few months.  It's a great shift for a 'newbie,' and perfect for him. Apparently the more senior employees are set in their schedule and don't want that one.  Family guys, etc., and don't want to be working every night of the week.  He has been getting as much OT as he wants and regularly works 12 hour shifts.  It's nice, but like I said he is limited on time to take care of business during the day.  I don't mind helping if I can or if he wants.  When I finally got home I thought I'd rest my eyes a bit.  ROFL and a couple hours later I sauntered out of my room, what a nap!  I was tired and new it, but didn't think I would sleep like that.

 

As it stands, it's a good thing I will be leaving early tomorrow.  I will be playing taxi for my nephew.  Getting him from work and driving him to a friends house as they head out for a Regatta they attend annually in the southern tier.  After that it will be my boys!  I suppose the ride will keep my mind off things and keep me from biting all my nails off.

 

I loved this graphic and played with it a few times.  I love the water movement but not sure I like the flow of the curtains.  It was tough because of the color schemes and the angle.  Overall I like it, and think it gives the 'relaxing' feeling I intended.  Gawd how nice it would be to be sitting on the porch with a 'hot tottie,' and enjoying the view.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you are so passionate about something...but, I bet your sister is ready for  a break....lol...Loved the tag that you made for shelly....it is nice...I loved the graphic and the curtains blowing in the wind...Glad your son is liking his job....hope your boys do good tomorrow...hugs, TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

I truly love this one! Makes me smile...and the more I read your writings, the more I wish I could join you for an afternoon on this porch!  lol  Thanks again for sharing! Beckie

Anonymous said...

The graphic is beautiful, I'd love to spend an afternoon there!! You're so good to be helping your son out, driving your nephew about too; think you deserve a few hours on that porch!! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Donna
Glad you will be distracted so you won't bite your nails off, LOL!  It's great of you to use your time off to help your son.  Sounds like he is doing great at his new job.  Good luck to the boys tonight.  The graphic looks really good!
Sam

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful Mom and Aunt you are to help out like that!  Kuddos to ya....I love this graphic, just adore big, nice porches....and with a view like that, I'd want to spend all of my spare time out there for sure!

~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

Move up a bit ,make room for me beside you on the porch .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my journal & leaving such a nice comment! Hope you come by often. ;0)
Just coming by to say I hope you have a great wkend! ;0)
Blessings, SUGAR

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you have a busy weekend coming up!  And good for you getting those 'good deed' passes.  That is cool.  Good luck to your boys!  GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping up with the hockey Donna ~ thanks for the link and email :-)......I think the passes you can build up at work are a great idea, wish they'd catch on over here ~ no chance lol......and the graphic is lovely, as always :-)
love n hugs Debbie ~xxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Have a happy weekend and good luck to the guys. Beautiful graphic as always.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That beach tag is beautiful and I'm glad you're doing well
~*~Carolyn~*~

Anonymous said...

nice graphics Donna!
nat