Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bitter Sweet

      DsDesignsTallinder.gif


Henrik Tallinder is done for the playoffs.  It was announced earlier today he broke his left arm in last nights game and will not return this season.  It could prove to be absolutely devastating for the team.  We are already done Dimitri Kalinin with a broken ankle and Teppo Numminen is listed day to day with either a groin injury or a hip flexor.  That is 3 of the top 5 Dmen out.  The boys have dealt with adversity all season long, someone has always stepped up to fill the void, and I truly hope this will be no different.

 

Henrik has been a force on the blue line all year, and has had a remarkable showing in the playoffs.   He ranks at the top of the league with a +14, has a few goals and several assists.  I feel so bad that his run this year is over.  Get well soon Henrik and know everyone appreciates all you've done and will do in the future!

 

Game 4 is tomorrow night at home and I hope the boys can come out and play strong.  I still believe, but know the road has just gotten tougher.  A lot tougher!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that would be a bummer...TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the bad news with Henrick, I hope his break heals up and he can get back some time. Good luck to the team for tonights game, I'm sure you're gonna let us know the result! Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well tonight for your team I know you will be tense but cheering them on give them a shout from me. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to the guys!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Widhing you a Happy Holiday Weekend!
Hugs,
SUGAR

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Isn't that sad when a player goes down with an injury.  I was upset when Takeo Spikes of the Buffalo Bills got injured last year, even though the Bills weren't going anywhere.  Hope the Sabers can pick up the victory.

Anonymous said...

Aww Donna this is bad news :-( Like you say I hope your boys can still pull it off ~ as usual I'm behind them, and you of course, all the way.....Good Luck for tonight !!!! I'll try and have a quick peek at your entry tomorrow before I go fishing ~ it'll drive me mad not knowing the score all weekend!!
hugs Debbie ~xxxx~
http://journals.aol.com/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna
Aww i hate it when taht happens! so sorry! hugs
natalie

Anonymous said...

Hope your boys win.....that's awful about the injuries.  Sure is a tough game, huh?

Take Care,
~Bilinda~