Wednesday, September 3, 2008

~ ABC... 123 ~

DsDesignsFirstDayofSchool.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Well, this morning went off without a hitch... or very few anyway.  Gage was not thrilled about having to wear his glasses, but he was so excited about going back to school and seeing all his friends.  'Bug' was amazing.  She couldn't wait to get on the bus.  I got a few shots of them out front before the bus arrived.   As Gage was fussing about his glasses, Bug wanted hers, 'I need them to read.'  LOL  Like she reads at 5!  Maybe her name and that's it.  It was a hoot.  Needless to say she had them on her face when the bus arrived.  After getting the shots on the rock we noticed that she was in a bit of wet grass/mud and her socks were dirty.  There was a rush to put clean ones on before the bus arrived.  I felt horrible as it was my fault, but I thought that made a cute picture.

 

As the bus opened the door Gage went up the steps as we gave hugs and kisses to her.  Our eyes filled with tears, but she couldn't get on the bus fast enough.  I did get her to stop and wave rather quickly at the top of the steps.  I'll share that another day.  LOL  Had to keep it even today.   I'm glad her big brother was on the bus with her, I wonder if things would have been the same if she was going alone.  I know I'd have shed more tears..........

 

Work was work, but I will be honest the frustration is mounting.  I just wish things would be settled so there wasn't so much speculation on the upcoming changes.  About 2 I wanted to just leave.  It was gorgeous out and I wanted to be by the pool more then at work.  LOL  Surprised?   Who wouldn't!?!?!

 

On the way home I called the kids to see how school was.  Bug loved it.  Her teacher is nice, she got homework.  LOL  Ya know those health papers and etc they all have to have filled out by the parents?  Anyway, she also let me know she has 100 girlfriends.  LMAO  I wonder how many boyfriends it will be before long.  Gage had a good day too.  Most of his friends from last year are in his class again.  He was happy.   He did tell me he didn't sit with Bug on the way home.  She was already on the bus and sitting with her friend.  Oh I can't wait to hear more stories as the year progresses. 

 

Hugs

~d

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWE very cute, thanks for sharing.
Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awww...so sweet!  

She really looks cute.  
So glad she had such a successful first day of school.  :)

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures!!

Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Have a great Thursday

Anonymous said...

I am smiling as I leave a comment.  Thank you for sharing their first day.  She is lucky to have such a great big brother :o)

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE!!!!  You can so tell that they are comfortable with cameras, they're SO photogenic!!!   ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of Bug and Gage hugging.  That is just precious.  What a great time childhood is.  Someone I know seems to be enjoying it as much as the kids.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

HI DONNA SOOO GLAD THAT YOU SHARED THE PICTURES! TODAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IN MY CITY.. AND I WAS TELLING MY SISTER THAT I SAW NOT ONE KID TODAY GOING OR COMING HOME FROM SCHOOL.. LOL IT WAS SOO NICE TO SEE THESE PICTURES.. AND THEIR CUTE LITTLE FACES WITH THEIR CUTE CLOTHES AND BACK PACKS! I ENJOY ALL OF YOUR PICTURES! THANKS FOR SHARING!

HUGS, ANITA

Anonymous said...

Awww, what beautiful pictures.  I love the one of Bug hugging Gage.  I'm glad that they both had a good day!  I'm glad that she had Gage with her.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh they are so crisp and clean!  And the sparkle of anticipation in their eyes. hugsss...

Anonymous said...

Awww those pictures are so cute. I really like the one where they are hugging too. Glad that Bugs first day went great and it's so much fun to hear their stories.
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Those kids look so darn adorable!  I hope all goes well for them and that Y'all have a happy remainder of the week.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

They both look so cute.
Missie

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! HOW FREAKIN cute!!!!!!!!!  I so love the hug!!!

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Ive read blog after blog about first day at school and it all ends in tears. Not the kids, but the adults!
Gaz ;-)

Anonymous said...

aw, how adorable!!!!! both of them!

Anonymous said...

They are so sweet. I love Bug's haircut!!
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

What a great first day. Bug looks adorable, like a little school girl model. Leave it to you to worry about the socks! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful collage of their "first day of school" memory!
They are sooooooooo cute!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love her!!!! so cute... Gage looks very handsome with his glasses on too.


Michele

Anonymous said...

The pictures are just beautiful! I think it is great how to are a big part of the childrens lifes. I hope, both of them, will have a great school year. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

The pics are great and they look so very cute....I always loved the excitement of the first week of school.....hopefully Bug will always have that excitement for school.
I hope they both have a fantastic year!!!
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Cutie Patooties!!  They grow up so fast!

xoxo
Sharon

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I just love these pictures ,oh isnt she a wonderful little girl ,I suppose it does help to have a big brother though lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, they both are so adorable...so happy all went well...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

i love Bug's little shoes...she is a dollbaby...cute hair!! Gage is growing up SO fast.....what adorable kids and i am so glad you journaled about them.....love sharing this memory with you. XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

... they are so adorable ... love that nickname ... 'bug' ... she should try to play 'Scout' if anyone around there does 'To Kill A Mockingbird'!

... and I think it is super neat that her big brother was there as well to ride the bus ..!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like the first days of school, especially for one just starting.   They both sound so well adjusted, great kids.  
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Awww glad Bug had a good first day of school, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Glad they enjoyed school

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Awww sweet pics