Sunday, September 28, 2008

~ Hear the Roar ~

DsDesignsTig.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


::grin:: and yes we did hear them loud and clear.  Not the ones that so nicely posed for us but the ones inside eating.  As I took the picture of the Tiger I was disappointed that he was tight up against the wall and behind the branches of the tree.  When I got it on the computer I actually loved the way the green eyes peered above the leaves.  The angle is right so you can't actually tell it's a building next to him. 

 

The Lions were gorgeous.  After playing and wrestling they jumped up on the stoop and posed for the crowd.   I wasn't lucky enough to get the building out of this shot, but I am still very pleased with it.  I thought about editing out the 'window' but then decided to leave it as is.  The colors, faces, and eyes draw you away from it.  Or at least for me :)

 

DsDesignsLion.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

The Buffalo Bills did a little roaring today too.  After being down to the Rams 14-6 at half time, they came back and won 31-14.  For the first time in 16 years they've started the season 4-0.  Now I will continue to be cautious as they've not really played a winning squad, or one that had a roster not riddled with injuries.  No doubt I will take it.  The name of the game, but lets see what happens as the season shakes out.

 

Brett Favre did a little roaring of his own.  Six touchdown passes, first time in his career as the Jets beat Arizona 56-35.  What a high scoring game that was.  More like basketball!!!  Kansas City and Washington roared too.   Kansas City won their first game of the season upsetting Denver and Washington shocked the Cowboy fans by beating their team.   Aaahhh a good week in football :)

 

Last but not least I'm doing a little roaring.  Ok, not me, my stomach.  We spent the day at my sisters for the game.  Snacks galore, shrimp, taco dip, chicken wing dip.  Dinner was Bar-b-que pulled pork, pasta wish sauce, jambalaya,  bread butter, and who knows what else.  I can't remember.   What I do remember is I ate like a freaking slob and came home with the worst case of indigestion.   A mixture of baking soda and warm water relieved some of the pressure, but I feel as though I need to let out a few more roaring belches.   Ohhhhhhhh there's one... LOL  my monitor even moved.  A couple more should do it.  You'd think I'd know better. 

 

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  The weather here has been beautiful.  More and more leaves are changing and I am hoping to get some foliage shots this week.  We'll see how it goes.  

 

hugs

~d

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the tiger, but those lions are magnificent!!!
gina

Anonymous said...

I love the cat pictures....such majestic looking animals, aren't they?  

As for the belches, keep 'em coming, girly!  LOL

Can't say as I blame you for eating like a slob...with food like that around, we'd all do the same thing!  

XOOX,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

    My weakness is cats. Big or little, they are beautiful. I love your photos.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.  Glad you had a great time at the zoo.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the zoo was a hit. Love the pictures. But then, you always take great shots.. Hope you have a great week,
Sheri

Anonymous said...

When I first looked at the shot of the tiger I thought, if I did not already know better I'd swear this was a picture of a tiger that just showed up in her backyard and not one at the zoo!  I love it!  And, the lions are so majestic.  Mr and Mrs, just surveying their surroundings.  Thanks for sharing.

Donna

Anonymous said...

The photo's are wonderful Donna.  They don't even look real.  Great shots.  How in the world do you get them to pose just right?  Hey, Tennessee won their game today too.  That's four in a row.  I can hardly contain myself.  ROFLMAO at your monitor moving.  You are a hoot.  Have a good week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

OMGosh.....they look like you are right there with them, really incredible!!!! My Mom loves Tigers, especially the white ones....but she loves them all, I'm going to send them to her. :)
The food sounds really good, I'm afraid I would have dove in head first, never to be heard from again ;)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I think these pics are fantastic.... Beautiful, both of them!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Yay Donna's team!!  Wow these are great pictures ....looks like they could be a postcard.

Have a great Monday

Anonymous said...

the games were awesome and I did enough screaming for everyone - LOL
the pics of the lions and the tiger are wonderful - I love the way they came out - thanks for sharing it all~~~
-Ellie ~!~

Anonymous said...

Those shots are postcard worthy. GLORIOUS.
I have to LOL at how you talk about the food with the family. It all sounds yummy and i hope your belly feels better! XO

Anonymous said...

Lions and tigers - Oh my! They sure do look life-size. Absolutely wonderful shots! (I can see that they said "cheese" when you said so, lol.)
Always, Rose~*


Anonymous said...

What gorgeous pussy cats! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip to the zoo. I'm just visiting a few journals before I go on my trip. I hope the indigestion has calmed down now. Have a great week. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i loves the lion pics..wow!
Our jags won again yesterday..
woot woot!
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Up close and personal! Love those cats. Glad you had a terrific weekend. Hugs, Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Great shots of the great cats ..!  Buffalo is going to the AFC title game ... will they win ..?  Titans have a Super Bowl look to them ... and Indy is still around ...

... dag ... not making much sense ... but I think the Bills are for real ...

Anonymous said...

They are such beautiful animals i love how they are posing :) I want my brett farve back!

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the big cat pictures Donna, Love Lisa

Anonymous said...

Here kitty kitty kitty....your photos are beautiful!!!  Oh my ~ I wish I had been with you at your sisiter's....Mmmm...the food sounds sooo good!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

They are just beautiful animals...loved these shots.
I watched the Redskins and Dallas yesterday...loved it...WE won!  Redskins that is...LOL

Have  a great week ahead...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos.
The lions and tigers here in London Zoo are always laying down sleeping.... they actually look bored out of their skulls. I think my daughter was saying they are  going to make a new exhibit for them...lets hope so. Your ones are real posers....lol
hugs Jayne

Anonymous said...

 The pictures are just wonderful.  I love the tiger.

                   Julie

Anonymous said...

ohh Donna amazing pictures- ty so so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I'm not so sure the Steelers will be roaring or purring tonight.  Dancing with the Stars is preempted here in the Burgh.  Hope it's worth it.  Love the big kitties...Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

You take such awesome pictures!
Missie

Anonymous said...

My favorite cat is a Tiger . . . shhh . . . don't tell the lions since I'm a Leo, I'll get in trouble.  : )  Hope you have a happy week.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I am from Wisconsin and we ae still trying to figure out what the Packers will do with out Brett Farve... lol.  The new QB is so fragile... and he won't last long, IMHO.

Tom Schuckman

Anonymous said...

Amazing pics ~ Wow!!!

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time

Hugs
Terri