Sunday, September 7, 2008

~ Timing is Everything ~

DsDesignsTimingisEverything.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Yeap, it is :)   I got over to my sisters about 12:30 or so.  Had time to slice cheese and get the platter of crackers and pepperoni together.  Chips and dip.  A drink and a comfy seat.  Then it was kick off time.   The game started a bit slow, but the rain was coming down.  Lightly at first but off and on throughout the game it poured.  The weathermen sure as hell got that wrong.  It wasn't suppose to start until after the game.   It looked like it might be a boring game with both teams having to punt several times.  With 4 minutes left in the first quarter the Bills scored a touchdown.  Up 7-0.   The second quarter wasn't much more exciting.  More punts.  The Bills kicked two field goals and remnants of last season snuck in.  Until of course we ran a punt back for a touchdown.  Whuuu huuuu Roscoe Parrish!!  The Seahawks scored a TD and the half ended 21-7. 

 

During half time Kevin Everett received the George Halas Award.  The award is given to a player who overcomes adversity.  You may remember Everett was hurt in the home opener last year and there was fear he'd never walk again.  It took awhile, but he is walking but will never play the game again.  He still has a long way to go, but it could have been much much worse.   The sun also came out here and there between the mountainous clouds. 

 

The second half proved to a bit more exciting.  Maybe it was the fake field goal that lead to a touchdown.  Maybe it was the fact that the Bills scored 34 and they haven't done that in years.  Either way it was a good game, and a good time.   Of course, no lack of food either.  My brother in law made chicken parm, and there were ribs too.  Always food... and yes we did graze all day!!

 

DsDesigns9-7-08.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

 

All the excitement of opening weekend and the news seems to be all about Tom Brady.  Adam Schefter is reporting he is done for the season.  He hurt his knee in today's game and I've not heard anything definite about how serious except for this article.  We'll have to wait and see what the team reports later.  Though it would/could help my Bills I hate to see anyone get injured, let alone be injured and out of for the season.  

 

DsDesigns9-7-082.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

 

I wasn't home long and I got up to go the 'powder room.'  Staring me in face was the most beautiful scene.  Ahhhh that bathroom window has done me justice this year for sure.  I just went and got my camera and took several pictures.  I didn't want it to disappear.  How unreal to have the sunset glowing on the clouds.. or would that be making the clouds glow.... have the moon, and blue sky.   My sister pointed out the face in the clouds on the first one.  Off to the right, can you see it?  Red sky at night...........

 

 

DsDesigns9-7-083.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

Well all in all it was a good day and a good weekend.  I can't believe it's back to work tomorrow.  GRRR  I hate Monday's!!!   I hope everyone had a good one.

 

Hugs

~d

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful clouds!  They almost look coral colored in the pictures.  Gorgeous.

Sounds like my kind of afternoon...food and football!  Ahhhh.  :)

Doug wasn't too happy about the results of the Seahawks/Bills game. LOL

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos.
Wishing you a nice week ahead. Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Glad your team one.  The photos are awesome :o)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I am glad your football team won ....wow beautiful pictures.

Have a great Monday

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Fantasitic Photo's D.  TN Titan's won their opening game today (Bless their hearts).  Woo Hoo.  I felt sorry for them playing in Nashville with temps in the 80's.  They were sweating.  Have a good week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Bills won.  Wish my USC Trojans good luck for next Saturday against Ohio St.  I love the pictures of the sky, clouds and moon, beautiful just like you.  Have a  happy week.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

I love the sky pictures. Yes I see the face. Love that you got all that in one picture. I love the moon.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Our Eagles won yesterday! YEA!  I love those cloud pictures.  They're amazing.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

The clouds and moon are realy choice shots- Imagine a coffee table book titled "Shots from the Bathroom" Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunsets!!  Love the pics.  Can't say much for the football.  Except somebody here was not a happy camper with the Dolphins.  uggh.  Love ya honey!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch any football this weekend...I was writing on a paper due today and still don't have it finished....did I mention I DON"T like this class at all???


Love the pictures...they are AMAZING.

Michele

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics and yes i see the face. our eagles won 38 to 3 wooooohooooo. Have a great week. (((((((hugs))))))))))
Love,
Cindy xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Stunning pictures!  The face is surely there.  We missed the game.  Rob was at the gun/coin show.  I probably would have loved the game, but forgot. Hope this Monday is not too stressful for you.  I've been retired too long, I guess.  Monday is just another day for me.  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening!  I don't know a thing about football.  LOL  What some beautiful pictures!!!  I hope your Monday hasn't been too bad!!!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I was going to get all worked up over the chips & dip because I'm hungry, until I got to the pictures.....HOLY CRAP! Those are stunning, they almost look like an explosion. They are simply amazing....what a wonderful site to look outside and gaze upon....and yes, the face is absolutely there!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time and good food!  The best kind of day.  

Anonymous said...

Wow Donna, those red sky pictures are stunning !!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you got to have fun watching the game, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi dear how are you? Hope good. Sounded like u had another good weekend and fun tiems with ur fam agian. Thats always great to have. That chili looked good in that one entry. Sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing the slidesow it was neat. Glad u all got together to watch the game. Im not really into that sadly, lol. Im sure my hubby will be on the couch watching all the games soon enough, lol. As always u all had great food too. Yum. That pic u took is stunning. I am telling u woman u are one hell of a photographer. U need to go into it professionally. Just beautiful. Great job as always. Well take care hun. Have a good night. ttys xo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

glad that you enjoyed your football Sunday. Love the pics of the clouds...they are truly beautiful.
XO

Anonymous said...

Sounded like an excited football Sunday...and what beautiful photos you got ...loved them....hugs!!!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Glad ya'll had a good time!

Loveee the pics....stunning

Hugs
Terri