Sunday, September 7, 2008

~ Are you Ready ~

          DsDesignsAreyouReady-1.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


............. for some football????????????   Oh yeah I am!  Sure I watch football when it's on.. more the NFL then college but you can find my TV tuned in on Saturday's, but the exciting part of the start of the season is it means hockey is not far behind!   LOL

 

The Bills take on the Seahawks today and kick off is at 1.  I will be running to my sisters to watch the game there.  No major plans on food or treats but we won't go hungry.  We'll end up grazing all day I'm sure.  

 

It is definitely football weather here.  Currently it's about 65 degrees, overcast, and rain is on it's way.  What else is new?  LOL  There doesn't appear to be a breeze here, but I will venture to say there will be a bit of swirling winds on the field.  I don't think a game goes by that it doesn't become slight factor.   You see, we here in Buffalo play football like it's supposed to be played.  OUTSIDE!  The elements are always a factor.   Can you say Miami playing here in mid-December?  Oh damn, that's right they won't be playing here they will be in Toronto.  GRRRRRRRR  and the dome will be closed.  WTF!?!?  I won't get into that game being played there it makes my blood boil..........

 

A clarification on the chili sauce.  It is not chili, it's more a salsa... 99.9999999% of folks do not eat it alone.  It's used more to accent foods.. marinate, add a bite to spaghetti sauce or chili ....  there is nothing in it but hot peppers, tomatoes, onions, and seasoning... it really doesn't even make a good dip (straight up) for chips... but I suppose some might like it.   Must be a northeastern thing..............

 

Well, I'm off... hope everyone has a grand day!

 

hugs

~d

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never have got into football...but i have a couple of coworkers that LOVE it....they will go head to head and have a few choice words for each other i'm sure...before the season is over...haha  One is a Cowboys fan the other an Eagles? fan I think....I don't even know all the names of the teams....see...haha!  

Enjoy the game!

Hope you have a good week

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the game today!  The chili sauce sounds great added to spaghetti & other things.  I bet it gives it a wonderful taste!!!

Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

We watch a lot of football in this house because hubby likes it, more college than pro, because he graduated from U of M and bleeds blue & gold, but he watches it all. I think you two would be the best of friends :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

LOL...I knew what it was because before my mom made her own, she would buy the Heinz version which is ok but nothing like homemade.  I was ready for football but only watched bits and pieces.  Love your sunset pictures.  That face looks like a grumpy one.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

I've never watched football until now only because my daughter's boyfriend plays college football and the scouts are watching him. So who knows you may see him in the NFL game somewhere?
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Is that music coming from you????

Anonymous said...

came by to light a candle-say the gorgeous pics and great football tag! Great music!