Thursday, September 25, 2008

~ Thursday.... in my backyard ~

DsDesignsInmyYard.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


:::holding smelling salts for anyone who needs them:::  Yeap, two actual entries two days in a row.  Imagine that.  LOL   Today was better.  The hole I left in the wall yesterday from getting out of bed on the wrong side softened the blow this morning :)~   Naaaaaahhh I'm being a smart ass.  I didn't smack into the wall either day.   Just that saying, ya know?  

 

Work was work... it was a long day.  With the few days off, a couple of travel days, and meetings, I've fallen a bit behind.  Not saying anything about the added duties the past couple of weeks.   I just need to get on roll.  In a routine.  Get caught up.

 

I had an interesting thing happen.  Pissed me right the #@%$ off.  My sister is changing from a dish service back to cable.  She let me know she will be getting cable for the TV, Internet, and phone service.  Her monthly charge?  Less then what I pay for basic cable and Internet.  How can that be?  A promotion right?   Wrong!  I thought she might have misunderstood.  Didn't make sense.  She has a better cable package and an additional service and it was less $$, just sounded so wrong.   So....... I call the cable company.   Low and behold since the new cable company took over completely they came up with 'packages'... they call it price locking.  A two year commitment gets you a better rate.  WTF!?!?!  They tell new customers on the ads, with lots of small print (that I assumed said it was for a certain period of time), but do not notify their existing customers of the change.  Let me tell you, I had smoke coming out of my ears when I heard the commitment would save me $40 a month.  I wanted a credit, but was not getting it because it is advertised....  for new customers.  Damn I guess I should freeze frame the TV commercials and get a magnifying glass so I could read the 10 lines of small print they flash across the TV.  :::heavy sigh:::  Needless to say I changed my package.  I upgraded the cable package.  So now I have freakin 4000 channels and still have nothing to watch.  LOL  But I did get the NHL Network ::big ass grin::  The sister that lives with me......... oh she is thrilled.  LMAO!!!  So, more cable channels, movie channels, sports channels, digital, and all for less then what I was paying before.  Damn straight I stopped on my way home, got the digital box and signed up.  Let me just say call your cable company and check.  With all the deregulations and allowing of phone services to get into the cable industry prices are changing.  You know these idiots are not going to call or send you a flyer to notify you that you could be paying less, but they are offering more and more for less (imagine that) to keep you as a customer. 

 

Ohhhhhhhhh the camera software was a bust today :(  My co-worker was in meetings all day.  I had hoped I could catch him before his lunch.  He lives only a couple blocks away and I know he'd have gone home to get it for me.  Needless to say I will take his camera back tomorrow as he has a photo shoot planned this weekend but he will bring all I need back next week so I can play around.  Whuuu huuu

 

The pictures in today's entry are with my own camera.  I took them this evening in my backyard.  The trees in the woods behind my house are slowly changing, but you'll also notice some of the trees are bare already or dead.  I loved that red right in the middle.  I used a photo aging filter on the picture and really like the way it faded out the edges.  Might be me, but I thought it added depth. 

 

DsDesignsBackyardSunset.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan

 

After dinner I was cleaning up the kitchen and caught the colors in the sky.  I had to go back out and just grab a shot.  I wish I had time to drive to the lake, or get something other then the woods in the foreground, but it would have been gone.   I loved the colors!!

 

Hope everyone is doing good.  I will let you know when I get to actually post pictures from the other camera.  LOL  like I wouldn't, eh?   Have a great evening all...

 

hugs

~d

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the trees in your backyard!  Your trees are changing already?  Wow! I can't believe it!  It's not changing down in PA.  

I haven't had time to do an entry in a week.  :(

Krissy  
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

definitely looks like fall to me.  and i love that sunset!
gina

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Love the picture.  Glad you got a good new deal on your cable.   We are skeptical of cable, we have cable for our internet, but are sticking with the dish for TV :o)

Anonymous said...

That sunset is breathtaking Donna.  Believe it or not, we actually have a few changing leaves here too.  Hard to believe since it is still in the 80's here and we are still having to mow grass.  Have a good Friday.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Wow these 2 pictures are so beautiful.   I added some things onto my phone ...and ended up getting my phone for less money per month ...just because I added call block manager.  Strange to add something and end up paying less.

Have a great Friday

Anonymous said...

OMG, the sunset......WOW, absolutely breathtaking! Don't get me started on Cable companies....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! When we move back home, we're going to direct TV for TV, the cable service here sucks and it's worse at the house. There, we have nothing, no digital, no high speed, not even fricking caller id!!!!! So after still using dial up, we finally were able to get a dish company 4 months ago that finally gave us Internet....it's still not DSL, but it's faster than dial up. I'm so glad you were able to call & work out a better deal, and VERY happy that you got the Hockey :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda
P.S................Still loving that sunset!

Anonymous said...

I always used to love the way the ivy crawling up the trees would change colors in the fall.  Up in the Adirondacks ehre there were more Pine trees the contrast was stunning!  Love the photos.  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. The cable companies have most of us over a barrel. I guess I'll have to start reading that small print too...lol
Glad to hear that you have a better deal now.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful shot of the sunset!! I am so glad you caught it. I hear ya on the cable companies!  I got to the sign-up point but did not schedule.  Two days later they gave me a deal that was $40 less a month and actually included more.  Crazy!!

Donna

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures of the woods and the sunset. Anything with shades of red or pink in them make me think of Autumn. We got the NHL station last year with our cable package, and enjoyed it a lot. Hope you have a good week-end, Donna and that the new camera works out.
Always, Rose~*

Anonymous said...

Il I like them both but like the second one best. I am a sucker for sunrises and sunsets. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Donna
That sunset shot is absolutely gorgeous!  The aging filter is something I'll have to play with myself, I really liked this photo.  Thanks for letting us know about the billing practices of the cable companies.  It sure is worth looking into.  Congrats on getting the NHL Network included in the deal.  This should be the best season yet for you to watch the Sabres.  Let's hope they take the ice by storm this year.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the pictures D.  I struggle with the darned cable and phone company frequently.  They both change services and prices like we change undergarments ... so it's tough to keep up with them.  Good for you!

Anonymous said...

a few yrs ago i went to pay the cable bill in PERSON, which i never do. I pay online. A worker told me i could get digital and DVR for LESS than what i was paying plus broadband. I have had a million problems with all this shitty Time Warner cheap electronics BUT it has been worth it. So, i am glad you found out about those bundle pkgs and got a discount now. LOVELY pics! I love how you can see so much when others do not. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Don't get me started on phone or cable services not even going to mention propane...Dannelle

Anonymous said...

... it is weird having all these channels available ... I still find that there is 'nothing on' ..!

... seeing the fall colors in your photos and feeling happy ... they are beautiful, and sunsets always, ALWAYS get to me ... gonna have to hit an orchard this season ..!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures....I would have had a great shot last night coming home from town, but I didn't have the camera :(


Michele

Anonymous said...

Have a great day today.
Missie

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! Where you live??? OZ???????

Anonymous said...

I think after pictures of ocean waves breaking against the shore, sunsets are my next favorite nature scene...I love what you did with that age filtering, it makes me think of a forest seen in the eyes of a dream.
>I'm definitely going to look into that cable thing, I've got a 3-way package deal(cable, phone, and internet) and would love to see if there's a new lock-in price w/my company; yes been there too with "so many channels of nothing on", most of the time when that happens I just switch to the music channels, I find the soundscapes (new-age) and classicals very nice to write to.

have a great w/e
~S~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you got a good deal on your cable services....$40 is a big difference.  I love the photos!  Have a great weekend!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics!  I think we're not far behind you this season.    

Nancy
http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/Nancyluvspix/entries/2008/09/26/autumn/2481

Anonymous said...

Oh my....that sky is AMAZING!  I want to hang that picture on my wall!  LOL

As for the cable thing...maybe I should call too!  
We have Suddenlink.  

xoxo,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you getting all those new channels, especially your favorite NHL channel.  Those pictures are so beautiful . . . makes me want to come to Buffalo again.  It has been 100 degrees here still.  Summer can end anytime now! LOL  Have a happy weekend.  Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

Sooooooooooo are you definitely buying his camera??  Or are you waiting to download the images before you say yes???
Not sure if you really need to buy another one...Ü
Your camera works JUST FINE!  Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

I love your photos!  I changed from cable to Dish months ago.  $70 cheaper.  I just changed my phone package with my internet because my bill was hiked another $25.  I called them and now am paying $35 less.  You need to call cable, phone, etc every couple months to check on their packages.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

As Always - beautiful pics - love the sunset - have not seen trees changing colors for myself in over 20 years - now that I miss!
Thanks for sharing it
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

That's too bad you haven't gotten the camera software situation together yet.  That does sound like a great deal on cable and now you can watch my Dallas Stars win the cup! Haha

Valerie

Anonymous said...

First, beautiful photos..loved both.   Your right about the cable companies...they do nothing for exisiting customers ...glad you asked for the credit...and hope you enjoy the extra channels...wow, that's a lot of channels...LOL

Have a great weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

me and my mom need to switch cable they had the nerve to increase how much it is and they arent even like dish or anything its just wilco..some crap our neighborhood has.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics ~ beautiful!

Can't wait to see the pics you have taken with the other camera....

Glad you got your NHL Network...you will be in heaven...lol

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

great sunset!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I have DISH because our cable is totally outrageous here.  Up in the sticks, we have one provider.  They charge out the ying yang.  My Dish is through Embarq as is my internet and landline.  I get a bundle but DISH only offered two through Sprint/Embarq when I signed up.  Now, it's 4 for newbies.  Makes my blood boil but I still keep it because we get tons of channels that make my son happy.  Love your pictures always.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures..............love the colours
hugs Jayne