Tuesday, September 9, 2008

~ I am a Freak ~

DsDesignsPuddle.jpg picture by 55hockeyfan


Some of you may remember on numerous occasions I put a 'blurb' in an entry how my son calls me a freak because of the way I take pictures, what I take pictures of, how I will drive for hours (or use to before the price of gas went sky high) to get a picture.   Well, today it was confirmed I AM A FREAK! 

 

I was asked to bring my camera to work today to take a picture of a co-worker to be used in a presentation.  Of course, I complied.   I went in and got the picture.   On my walk in I noticed a puddle that I've noticed a million times after it had rained.  It was still raining so I walked right in but it gnawed at me.  In the past when I passed that puddle I wondered what it would look like if I took a picture.  Hmmmmmmm

 

By lunch time the rain had stopped.  I grabbed my camera and went to the parking lot.  There was the puddle looking at me.  The reflection of trees and a partial building could be seen.  The sky had started to turn blue in between the clouds.  I took the camera out of the case and started snapping.  Several co-workers were outside and wondered what the hell I was doing.  One had the balls to ask 'are you taking a picture of that puddle?  And why?'  I turned, 'yeap I am, because I'm a freak'   Everyone laughed and I turned and took a couple more.   I previewed what I had and was happy with the results.  I hoped I'd still like them when I downloaded on to the computer. 

 

When I was walking back to my desk my boss looked at me quizzically because I had the camera in tow.  He thought the picture of the co-worker didn't work.  I let him know, 'No, I'm a freak'  The eyebrow went up and explained about my son.  I then turned the camera on to show him.   He held the camera and looked.  'I see the obvious, a puddle.. a reflection.....'  He had a little pause as he examined the picture more closely.  I laughed, 'that's it.  Nothing else.  I'm a freak'  He chuckled and disagreed and then said he liked it.  He went to hand the camera back and then pulled it back.  He flipped the camera over in his hand and looked at it upside down.  'I love it this way he said, almost looks as though you are looking out a misshapen window.'  I examined it that way and thought maybe he was right.  It was then another co-worker walked over to see what we were looking at.  'OMG, that is awesome it looks like you're in a cave looking out,' she said.  We all agreed she was somewhat right. 

 

Throughout the day several others came to my desk to see 'the picture.'  They all had their own impression/perspective.   So many asked what made me even think to take a picture of a puddle.  I saw, I liked, I took a shot (pun intended)...  besides I'm a freak.   LOL

 

The picture is actually upside down.  Not sure I feel the same way now regarding the cave, or the window, but for some reason I do like it.  See, I told you... I'm a freak :)

 

hugs

~d

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Quite a beautiful picture, considering you started out with just a water puddle!...........LaVern

Anonymous said...

I just saw the alert with the title & without even knowing what it was going to be about I came on to just say GREAT! I have friends! The more the merrier! I'm a FREAK too! HA!

I love the picture & think it is wonderful. There is a woman in my dreams video that lives on the east coast. She goes at sundown & sunrise I think too & takes pictures of the buildings reflecting in the water as it moves. Then she paints the picture she took. She think she calls is Canvas by Picture? I'll check next time we watch it.

Anonymous said...

Now that is an awesome picuture.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Great picture! I like it very much! You have an awesome eye for great shots.
Have a happy hump dayl Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Good Eye!!!!  

Joann

Anonymous said...

Donna, I 'm a freak too hon so from one freak to another I guess, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

You are NOT a freak...just very, very creative.  Who else on this earth would have thought about taking a picture of a puddle.  It's awesome Donna.  I love it.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think it's a neat picture.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

You are definitely not a freak, I can smell em a mile away!!! LOL! I love this picture, and to me it looks like I could just fall into another world somewhere.....like Alice! Or maybe a pensieve like in Harry Potter....I think it's very mystical :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing shot, a once-in-a-lifetime photo op, in my opinion, the edges of the puddle, which looks lake-like in a way; also serve a purpose of being an "inner frame" for the pic.

Out of such "freak occurrences" come amazing things, such as ART, which this definitely is!!!  The world could use a few thousand more creative folks such as yourself to show us the beauties to be found in the most unexpected places.  Thanks for sharing your vision with us.
~S~

Anonymous said...

I see the cave and the puddle.  When I pulled it up, I briefly thought of Chuck (Dribble by Ferris) and his way of making puddles artsy.  You brought this picture to life!  Freak you may be, but a very talented one.  Blessings, Penny  http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture Donna .....I would have never thought to take a picture of a puddle.

Have a great Wednesday

Anonymous said...

I think the pic is awesome!!!!
Being a freak is not all bad----LOL
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Donna
It was hard enough turning my laptop upside down to see the picture "as you snapped it."  I'd hate to think of trying to turn a desktop monitor upside down, LOL.  I like this picture.  It works upside down on many levels.  Nice shot!  Your son may still think you are a freak for the pictures you take, but I'll bet you now have new respect from your coworkers.
Sam

Anonymous said...

It does look like you are in a cave looking out.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I LIKE you being a freak! Excellent Pic!
:D

Anonymous said...

it is odd when you first look at it, I had to "focus" on what the heck you took a pic of this time..lol..you freak..lol.
But after a closer look, I too thought that it looked like you were "up inside" a place and looking out..after flipping my laptop upside down, I could see that it was just a puddle and not so remarkable.  I do believe your boss had it right, upside down gave a different perspective to the shot!  Good job and also for being the talk of the workplace yesterday :)
xo Darlene

Anonymous said...

i don't think you are a freak at all. I constantly take pics and everyone just shakes their heads and go on. Love your puddle pic.
XO

Anonymous said...

I think the photo is beautiful....to me you are not a freak...but have a creative mind...it comes out in your tags too...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of puddle,if you look at it a certain way it kind of looks like the shape of the USA lol.

Anonymous said...

If "a freak" is another word for a creative eye... then you are most definitly a VERY GOOD FREAK!!!!

from one freak to another!

Way to go!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Freak out! I like it. It looks like a gateway to another dimension! It has prompted me to recall a story I am going to write in my journal later. Thanks-Dannelle

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think your normal...Ü....with an excellent eye for photography & design.  You can just see better than an average person.  Ü
Great image~
Marie

Anonymous said...

I like it too....it's creative.
And frankly, it's very cool looking.

To me, it looks like you're standing in an abandoned house with the window broken out (but there's still shards sticking out).  

That's my perspective.  :)

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

 I do the same thing and people look at me like I'm nuts also.  I like the picture.

              Julie

Anonymous said...

Donna, you really do have a knack for seeing or thinking about things you see and seeing a lot more than I ever could when you take out that camera. This is a great shot. At first I thought it was a seashore with the tree added in the middle with photoshop.
Great job, Bill

Anonymous said...

Haa you are a trip. I think its soo funny your son says that about you and your picture taking, lol. I really think its cool. I admit i would have never though to take a pic of a puddle. But i think it looks awseome. U have great, creative ideas keep them coming. No matter if ppl think ur weird or whatever. I dont think u are though or a freak haa, lol. Ok a cam freak but hey so are many ppl lol. I really enjoy ur blog hun and the pics. U take amazing ones. Cant wait to see the next crazy pic haa, jk. Take care hun. Have a good night xo, Leslie

Anonymous said...

You're Not A freak.  You're very creative!  I love the photo...the blue sky & tree...beautiful!  You are a great photographer!!!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I love that picture btw.  You keep on being a photo freak!!  I like it. : )  Have a happy Thursday. Luv ya!

Allison

Anonymous said...

From one freak to another, I like the picture :o)

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this picture! You are truly an artist. You see art where others don't. This proves it!
Pam

Anonymous said...

No, you are not a freak!  You have that artistic eye that captures things that others cannot see.  I love it!!
Donna
Dust Bunny Protector

Anonymous said...

That is a really cool picture.  Lol...my kids call me a freak on their nice days.  They actually think most times I'm bordering insanity or senility.  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

great pic Freak.lmao

I really love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the 'Freaky' picture
Jayne

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome picture. Yes, I agree that it doesn't just look like a reflection. When I first saw it, I thought you had over lapped one picture with another.
Sheri

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but it reminds me of a map.  If having a good eye for a photo op makes you a freak, then my sister is one, too.   I think I'll tell her you called her a freak.    
I also don't know why folks call me an instigator.   Do you?
~Meg
PS:  It really is a cool pic.
PSS:  I really wanted to throw the word "freakin'" in there a lot, but I spared you.