Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Gone fishing

DsDesignsGoneFishing.gif


Gone fishing? ....... not exactly.  I had a nice conversation with a very good friend who helped me find the strength to look deep in my heart and soul and respond to the letter. I wasn't fishing for answers, and to be very honest I probably won't hear back.  If it was so easy to turn their back and walk away before, this should be a breeze. I did not say not to contact me again, maybe I should have, but it is not me.  I don't have that in me, even with all that has happened it's not my nature.  I didn't ask questions as I really am not interested in the answers.  The trust was gone long ago. I was firm in my stating that I was not in a position to forgive such careless disregard for my feelings and I wasn't sure I ever would be.  I said I hope the contact after all this time had cleared their conscious and I wished nothing but good things and happiness.   


So there you have it, I did write back and again that book has been closed and put back on the shelf.  I can't and won't forget the story, but there is no need for it to be an open book on the end table.   


Again, thanks for all the words of encouragement and kindness.  I appreciate it. Hugs!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the strength to be honest..especially w/ yourself.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you were able to do what you felt was right and close the book on that chapter :)

Peace & Blessings,
Poochie

Anonymous said...

Well, I am happy you were able to face and deal with the situation. Did it make you feel better at all? I would think so, at least a kind of weight off your chest type of feeling if anything. Well, I'm proud of you. Take care Donna.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

You did exactly what I did when the same thing happened to me! I couldn't say don't get in touch again either though I'm sure he won't now. You're like me, I couldn't be mean to people although it doesn't stop people being mean to us does it?! Glad you got it all sorted. Have a good day. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Well done Donna you made your decision ,acted on it and now you can draw a line under it and get on with your life ,which you are very capable of doing ,without the intervention of this person ,good on ya !.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Good for you!  Sometimes forgiveness is meant for the other person moreso than it is for you and you did the right thing.  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Glad you made your decision and acted on it. Sounds as if you did the right thing.
Hope you don't mind that I snagged your graphic as hubby and I do a lot of fishing. I thought it was so cute, Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found the strength to deal with the situation the way you felt was best.  Now that will be one less thing to worry about.  Linda

Anonymous said...

(((((Donna))))) I wish you the best in whatever happens.  

Betty

Anonymous said...

Donna
It sounds as though you handled this situation very well.  Way to go, girl!
Sam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the follow-up report. It's good to know how things turned out. Blessings for a great day, Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to resolve this in a way that suits YOU.  Love your fishing teddy.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!  That's a good way to do it.  Hope you have a great rest of the week.  Keep making those pretty tags.  Smiles.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am glad that you found the strength to give an honest answer and that you were able to deal with the situation and closed the book.
Good luck, Maria

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That is definitely a really good response - well done :-)