Thursday, January 5, 2006

Is this week over yet?

             catglasses.gif


 


For being a short week, this has been the longest week!  I got up today and thought it was Friday.  We have dress down at work on Friday's and I was in jeans and putting my sneakers on to leave when I realized it was only Thursday!  Yikes!  What a way to start. I had to rush around and get dressed appropriately.  


This week has been so crazy, and busy I can't believe it is taking so long to be done. Of course, I had stacks of left over work on my desk after being on vacation since before Christmas.  I had emails and voice mails galore.  Tell me why folks don't listen to messages on voice mail or read out of office replies!  I won't even mention the coverage in the department.  Argh!  


I put my glasses on to dig in.  With it being the first business day of a new month (saying nothing about year end)  I had a list of reports to get out to clients too.  I thought for sure the day would fly, did it? NO!  Even the best made plans can be screwed up in a matter of minutes.   


Left work and went to get my couch.  Got it home and love it!  It is wonderfully comfortable and am very pleased with the way it goes with the other furniture and in the room itself.  I had phone calls to make from home and by the time I finished I was ready to just sit with my feet up!  


Wednesday started with a couple of mandatory meetings.  I still had reports to do and a few things to catch up on.  My goal when I got home was to burn graphics onto a CD and get them off my computer.  I got home and logged on real quick.  QUICK?  Oh yeah, I had almost 300 pieces of mail.  This after checking in the am and having a clear box when I logged off at 7:30 am.  Of course, just my luck maybe 4 were junkand could be deleted without opening.  I proceeded to sift through mail and make replies were necessary.  I then got a really neat mail.  Flattering actually.  I belong to a group for PSP (which is one of the programs I use for my graphics)  The group is fun and it shares graphics, plug ins, ideas, and offers help.  That group alone accounts for a good chunk of mail.  Day to day it can range from 20-maybe 70 pieces of mail.  Anyway, there are games that are played as well.  You may have seen in the past my posts of graphics I made from one game Tube of the Day.  Well, the girl who ran it previously needed to take a leave and nominated me to take over.  LOL ok, so now I'm nuts because I just agreed to MORE mail.  But it should be fun and when folks participate and accumulate enough points, I get to make them a tag.  Hmmmm.... more work!  LOL  I am sure I will be fine but I am a bit nervous that the group members won't like my choices of tubes or the graphics I make for them.  Time will tell.  If anyone is interested in joining feel free to visit The Tag Lounge and make a request to join.  Not everyone in the group uses or has PSP so don't worry about that :)  Keep in mind mail can get heavy and there is an AOL glitch that doesn't allow you to leave or get off the mail list right now.  They say they are working on it, but don't join and then get mad if you can't get out :)~  Consider it a fair warning!   


I did eventually burn my graphics as planned but it was a late night.   


Today was a bit smoother at work and I'm about caught up.  I didn't have nearly as much mail at home either.  Tomorrow I WILL wear jeans and be comfy.  I won't even have to wear my glasses!   LOL

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cat!  Love it!

This has been one heck of a long week and just today when I was all set to head home the boss came in and asked me to run some figures for him.  Oh dear.  Thought I'd never get out of there.  None of his columns added down and then across so I had to search for the errors and well, I'm glad tomorrow is Friday and the budget had to be in today!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Your cat is brilliant ,Isat and looked at him for ages ,Idont think Im ready to join the tag lounge yet lol .............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You're right, the week has been too long!! I love the cat graphic. Don't think I could cope with that number of emails!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

What a cute cat!  Sounds like work can be a real challenge.  Congrats on being "nominated" to take over the group!  I signed up for one of those groups once but coulden't figure out how to see any of the tags!  Oh well,  Linda

Anonymous said...

Casual Friday, I remember that!  Now I have Casual Everyday since I stay at home.  LOL!  CONGRATS on taking the job as Tube of the Day person.  I don't know how to use PSP but The Tag Lounge sure does have some great graphics!!  It's where I have been getting mine for over 1 year now.  And, yes, there are a TON of emails sometimes and I can't keep up!  Hope today goes well for you!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Donna
Sorry your week is dragging, but congratulations on being asked to run the game for a bit.  Sounds like that group can spot real talent!  The graphic of the kitty with the glasses is precious, well done!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Love the cat photo/animation.  Very CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...week dragging for me too.   But I do love that graphic!!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

TGIF . . . woot woot !!!

Peace & Blessings,
Poochie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I wish I could join, but my computer is so slow, and you know what is so funny... The computer we had before this one is even slower.  It took about 5 minutes for all of your animation to load.  I am thinking about getting a new computer and just giving this to my mother and sisters.  I got to find something faster than 2.93GHz.  Maybe I just need more RAM.  Sigh...So frustrating.

Anonymous said...

That cat nose animation is soo coool!

Anonymous said...

Love the nose!! hehe

hugs
Dana