Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What a day!!

                        DsDesignstaxman.gif


Today was a crazy day, brought on by myself, but crazy just the same.  Several weeks back I got notice about renewing the registration on my car.  Well, it was near the holidays and there was so much going on I just put it aside.  Yeap, you guessed it.  I remembered over the weekend but it was to late to do it online or over the phone so I had to make a trip to the DMV.  Fun wow!  I also had an appointment to have my car inspected and my taxes done.  So I left work early and arrived at the DMV about 3:10.  I finally arrived home about 7:45.  Argh!!   


The DMV wasn't too bad.  I was pretty much in and out of there.  My car inspection was ok, but this new computer hook up is the pits!  If the system is down, you wait.  And that I did.  I got to my tax appointment with no time to spare.  Well, no time to spare for the given time.  I waited there too, hurry up to wait.  We went through mine first, and my son met me there in time to do his.  It really wasn't bad this year, but I will be taking a collection up to pay the tax man next year.  :)~  Because he does not live with me, nor is he going to school any longer I lose that write off.  I will get into work tomorrow and change my withholdings first thing.  We did my taxes without the credits to see what it would be and OUCH!!  I would need a collection.  In the meantime, I made out ok, and he got stuck paying on state.  LOL  That is his own fault.  I told him last year to change his withholdings so they take more and he didn't listen.  How much you want to bet he fixes it now?    


All in all it was a busy day, but a productive one.  I got tons accomplished and even got to see the end of the boys game.  They beat Atlanta 5-2 ::grin:: so they went 4-2 on the longest road trip of the year.   


Now, anyone wanting to give to the collection, let me know LOL   

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love this picture! You could always start charging us pay-per-view...Yikes! (Did I say that out loud???)  :)  ~Beckie

Anonymous said...

Need to do one of robin hood giving to the poor. lol. TerryAnn.  This is a fun one.

Anonymous said...

We've just had the mot done on our car and the tax and insurance too,oh the joys of motoring lol ............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Taxes are a pain aren't they, what do they spend all our hard earned money on?! Kids don't really think of taxes etc do they? That's grown up stuff, a nasty shock for your son!! I love the graphic! Glad your boys won tonight. Thanks for the photo you did too, I don't know how you found the time to do it. I shall put it up on my journal today and sit back and wait for the compliments!!!! Have a good day. Jeannette xx

Anonymous said...

What's that expression?  The only thing certain in life is death and taxes.  Argh.  I am compiling the papers and records for the taxes, the CSS financial forms and the FAFSA.  January sort of stinks and it isn't about the weather! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yea I did mine yesterday on line.  They lead me right down the path of auditing because they said I could claim Sarah as a dependant, but her Dad already did.  I do however get the EIC for her!  I also claimed head of household and so did Dave so we will see what happens.  Linda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

For the first time the tax man sent me money this year what a surprise. It happened because I retired half way through a tax year.  Don't know if we are the same as you are tax wise. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Sounds complicated with the tax man but I expect you son has changed his withholdings LOL

Anonymous said...

No, no, no spare change for the tax man.  I hate em.  lol  I am not looking forward to doing mine.  ugghh.  Luckily though, Florida has no state tax to file.  Love your journal.  GBU, Shelly
P.S.  Hurry up and wait!  too funny!

Anonymous said...

h