Sunday, January 15, 2006

Totally unexpected... confusion?

                 DsDesignsroseletter.gif


I was in total awe today.  I have been getting tons of mail lately because of the graphics I use for my animations and tags.  It's nice, but on occasion it can get overwhelming.  Today I had an interesting note mixed in with all my mail.  It's a good thing I go through one by one and not randomly just delete.  I could have missed this one.  


That leads me to wonder if I'd have been better off just deleting without reading.  To be honest, when I opened the note I wasn't familiar with the username.  The first 3 words told me who it was, and for a few seconds I hesitated reading on.  I hadn't heard from this person in years.  They virtually fell off the planet and disappeared.  This after years of close friendship and bonds.  A closeness like this that only comes your way a few times.  Secrets told, memories made, and poof not even so much as an explanation.  Just gone.  I was devastated when it happened and hurt beyond belief.  After time I got angry, really angry.  Then more time and I just let it go.  I have to much going for me to worry about it.  I deserved better and if they failed to see it, so be it.   


So today, out of the blue, and years later I get a letter.  A long letter.  It started out almost as though nothing happened, but as I got into it I also got an update and the what's and whys.  Some things I took as excuses, and lousy ones at that.  Others, heart felt apologies.  It left me a bit confused and wondering if I should even respond.  I don't want to be mean, but then why not?  After all this time now you care?  Now you want to know how I am?  What I've been up to?  I don't know that I want to go there, even bother.  So much has changed.  So much has filled me in those years.  I don't even know if I can trust again.  Why now?   


<FONTFACE="COMIC size="2" MS? Sans>A slight rant I know, but I needed to get some of it off my chest.  I need some calming vibes after such and unexpected confusion.......

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say  . . . just let it go. Who's to say that they won't up and disappear again ??

Poochie

Anonymous said...

This kind of thing has also happened to me.  Letting it go, or responding depends on how things were last left with that person, for me.  If I have any reservations, I let it go. If things were cool, then I answer.   You can only trust your senses.  Good luck.     ~Phinney

love the graphic.  

Anonymous said...

Would you be leaving your self open for it to happen again ?..........and why now after all this time? I love your rose and letter ...............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I had the same thing happen to me, only mine was a phone call, I told the person that if they could just disappear once they couldn't have thought that much of me and I didn't want it to happen again so thanks but no thanks. Do people really expect to disappear and reappear, expecting us to take them back like the prodigal son?! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I really don't know how to advise in that one, give it a couple days to think about it and then see how you feel.  Linda

Anonymous said...

This is a tough one to advise in. You have a big heart, and I know you could forgive. But, I believe your both relationship would not be the same ever again. You need to ask yourself if you can be satisfied with a renewed relationship, you can't trust, because what if the other person decides to disappear again? Are you ready to start up something that ones was great, but that has a rare chance of reaching this level again? I would give it some time to think about it and then decide. Good luck! Hugs, Maria
PS. Love the graphic!

Anonymous said...

I think if you do respond you should definitely leave it a few months or whatever coz they certainly didn't care to send you anything for ages...it's a tough one though!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you do respond and let them back into your life who's to say they wont just leave again. If you can't trust them don't respond. Follow your gut on this one. Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your blog.
Your graphics I really appreciate, that is alot of work and you are good!!!
I am learning.
I love to render photos. a passion.
Ans sadly I will add I am in the very same boat with you as for the loss relationship and someone wanting a responce.
I was very polite as I wasn't written a letter, I was approached after 5 years. The very words was "WE have missed you. WE think it is time to let this all go, put it behind us.WE are sorry and you should be too!" I was listening up to the point of "and you should be too!"
I waited..then look them both in the eye and said " I do Not need friendships like yours, family or not. The ONLY thing I am sorry for is that I LET you both hurt me so bad. You two crossed the line , now stay over there. Get away from me and NEVER approach me for any reason EVER again...move on." These are my sister in laws. They split the family right down the middle...I will not let them put the ball in my lap or will I take any responsibility so they can sleep better at night.
Its a tuff enough world. If you can forgive you are a far better person then I.
nuff said.
TJ
http://paisleyskys.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Incidents like that can revive all those feelings of abandonment, betrayal, etc. It's so hard to stand firm and allow the decision they made to be the final statement in your relationship.

I wish I could advise you to just let it go, but knowing myself, it would be hypocritical advice. I'd probably allow my curiosity to get the better of me. Love to hear what the outcome is.


Jimmy

Anonymous said...

I will pray that you will know what to do with this situation and that when you do it you have the courage...Also just wanted to point out that it IS a new year and MAYBE this person truley is trying to reach to you because of that, sometimes people don't realize things til' later (even years) Only you can know or try to figure out whether this is a true situation in which a sencere attempt is being made. Big hugs to you Donna.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

D, you're such a beautiful person!  Pray about it.  The answer as to what you should do will come to you.  HUGZ   Chris

Anonymous said...

Donna~
Tough situation to be in. I can't say that I haven't ever been there, I have. I read how you handled it and it's funny, but we both handled it the same way. And I think that's the only way to find "peace".

I'm proud of ya'.

Hugs,
Gayla