Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What's that smell?!

                      sillycow.gif


 


I came home from work early today, I wasn't feeling well.  Sore throat and the crud.  I basically did nothing all afternoon but lay around sleep, lounge, and sleep some more.
I woke to this wonderful smell.  Who was cooking?  Not that I thought I could swallow, but whatever it was it smelled like heaven.  I was the only one home and it obviously wasn't me.  Thinking it was wonderful dream and some prince had come to take care of me I laid there hoping a tray would be brought soon.  Like that was going to happen, not!  As I came to I could smell something so wonderful it made my tummy growl.  My neighbors must have had one helluva dinner.  Me, I made soft boiled eggs.  You know, easy to slide down.  They weren't bad, but I would have rather had what I was smelling!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you soon get over your sore throat, pity we can't go round neighbours houses and demand feeding when it smells so good!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

very cute snout.....
Another wonderful animation~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Awww!! I hope you feel better! That sucks...yes, good smelling food has been making me want to have some too, dieting is so HARD! Lol!!!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.
Dianna
http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/TheHellaciousHereticGoesAMuse-in/

Anonymous said...

Sore throat remedy ;-)

Ingredients
~~~~~~~~~
Light corn syrup
Small amount warm water

Directions
~~~~~~~~
Mix the corn syrup and warm water, using just
enough warm water to thin the corn syrup.
Have child or adult gargle with the mixture.
It is very safe if a child swallows it.

(Just an idea, was thinking of you)

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you will feel better very soon!
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

Sorta funny entry...but I do hope you feel better soon and can soon eat WHATEVER you want!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sorry your feeling so ,under the weather !how infuriating to smell that delicious food and not get at it ,Ilove your cow ,looks as though she can smell the dinner too ...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sometimes l'll take an afternoon nap on the weekends and wake up to the smell of dinner cooking, its nice.   l hope you feel better soon,  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better!  The only smells of cooking I wake up to are pizza from the take out place -- but hey, at least someone else is cooking!  

Anonymous said...

i love soft boiled eggs.. but i can't have them (cholestrol). can't have the beef either!.. I know the frustration you must have felt smelling "wondrus smells" that you couldn't have. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Hope you soon get to feeling better. Sorry those smells wasn't coming from your kitchen where someone had dropped in and was cooking you a good meal. Helen

Anonymous said...

Your neighbour should've sensed you weren't well and therefore incapable of cooking and should've offered you some - naughty neighbour ;-)  Hope your feelin' better!!

Anonymous said...

This made me smile today.

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/