Sunday, January 29, 2006

Keys........

                                   DsDesignskey.gif


My son did find his spare keys.  He had moved them from the 'place' and when he moved out he moved them again and took them with him.  He obviously forgot that 'move' and thought they were still here.  He come home on his break from work and went through the same places I did.  I guess he thinks I am blind or that I don't know what keys look like.  After rummaging through things, he left and he stopped at his place, of course leaving me to pick up the mess.  Sure enough the keys were right were I had suggested he look.  He didn't bother to call and let me know the news, so I spent the early part of the evening not knowing if we were actually going to do dinner.  I figured after some time past he had either found them or was able to get in his car.  If he hadn't, surely he would have called me.  I was comfy with the idea of him getting into his car but had no idea about dinner.  He finally called about 8 and we were still on.   


He picked me up about 9:30 and off to Applebee's we went.  He had gotten a coupon from work at Christmas and he wanted to use that.  Dinner was good, although I really snacked.  He ate and even ate some of mine.  No problem there, at that time I didn't want to eat a big meal.  He even had dessert, something he generally doesn't do.  It was great sitting with him and chatting.  Seeing him smile and laughing as we mocked folks, both family members and the other patrons.  I really do miss him.  Or, maybe it's I miss our private time.  Either way it was good and I think we need to plan that more often.  Out, just the two of us. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

glad he found his keys

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That is a late dinner date, I'm usually in bed by then!  Glad the keys were recovered!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm glad your son found his keys and the two of you were able to enjoy some time together.  Sounds like this might become a weekly event for you two.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Glad your son found his keys and you were able to spend some time together. I had dinner in an Applebee's somewhere on Cape Cod, don't remember where exactly, the food was great there. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and your son had a wonderful time together and I'm glad he was able to locate his keys. How about schedule a dinner "date" every two weeks for the both of you. That would be really nice.

Poochie

Anonymous said...

So happy, you and your son, had such a nice evening together! - Glad he found his keys :) ~Maria

Anonymous said...

wow, how great to have quality time with your son.. you never can have enough of that!

9:30 huh?.. my appetite is well gone by then! lol.. but it seems the young can eat at any time! lol

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I love Applebee's.  So glad that the two of you had a good time.  And yes, it does sound like you all need some more just the two of us time again.  I will be doing that with my son who is 11 this Feb 9th.  First rock concert. lol wish me luck.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your meal and that you did actually get there :-)

Anonymous said...

Yum @ Applebees !!
I lost my keys twice before finally get a set of spare keys.
How pathetic:(
Dianna
http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/TheHellaciousHereticGoesAMuse-in/  

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things to do is to head out with #1 daughter and just sit and giggle over a meal or snack.  The time alone is very comforting.