Friday, January 13, 2006

                              ringingphone.gif


We are still waiting for the phone to ring at my house.  My son was told about a week and a half ago the job was his if he passed a background check, a drug test, and a physical.  He went in last Wednesday and saw a nurse who checked vitals, eyes, ears, and as he said 'scalped him' for the drug test.  He went in this past Monday and saw the Dr. I guess we both figured he would have a little more information at this point, but he really didn't.  His remarks about what happened was the Dr. said 'turn your head and cough.'  When he was done the Dr. said they would call him to set up his 'fit test.'  I was a bit worried at first because every other follow up was scheduled right then and there.  Before I could express any concern, he went on to say that the guy that does this portion is contracted and only goes to the plant 2 times a month.  Apparently the equipment is all right there at the plant so they do the test there.  On Tuesday the company called and left a message for him on the answering machine.  He called back and they wanted additional information regarding his business references, which he gave.  Now it is back to waiting for the 'fit test.'    


I have to think at this point he has passed everything and they are just waiting for this guy to come to the plant.  It's been well over a week since they 'scalped' him, how long do you suppose that test takes?  Maybe they don't have this guys schedule yet.  Maybe they are hiring a few people and they will get several in at one time for the test.  I can't figure it out.  All this for a job.  I mean, sure the money is great and it will be such a great career for him, but it's been over a month since the process started.  Good things come to those who wait?   


And here we sit waiting on the phone to ring...............

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good things DO come to those who wait....or so I've heard. He's gonna get it. I just know it !!

Peace,
Poochie

Anonymous said...

Oh theres nothing worse than sitting waiting for a phone call when you want some thing really badly (I suppose there are worse things of course but you know what I mean !)Good luck !I hope the phone rings soon, and he passes the fitness test and gets the job!............Jan xx  

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you son.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I do hope they hurry up and decide. Nothing worse than waiting, at least he hasn't been told no.I know these processes take a time, it's part of my job to interview people and the checks do take ages to set up and complete. I hope he gets the job. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Waiting is so hard.  I hope he gets the job!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I hope that phone rings soon and he has the job..    I remember doing drug tests for a job in CA.  seemed odd to me to take a drug test just to be a receptionist..

Anonymous said...

h