Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Now you see it........

DsDesignsLuckyLady.gif


Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments, concerns, and words of support. I appreciate all of them!  Some of the tips I knew about, some I had tried prior to going to tech support.  Some were new to me, but I did not save them in my PFC.  I don't think I will be putting anything there for a very long time.  If I need it, I will copy and paste into a word document or something.  One thing I did suggest to AOL is that they let people know with maybe a warning before it gets to late.  Would that make sense to anyone else out there?  You know, like when you pump gas and it shuts off as it gets to full and you have to gingerly add more to top it off?   


I do also thank everyone who emailed me links.  I was going through mail today and quickly clicked on links to fill my bare favorites up.  I was plugging away and got to maybe the 10th-15th link and went to plop into favorites and guess what?  All my favorites where there.  Now you see it, now you don't, now you see it again.  All of it. Let me tell you not only do I have my favorites but I have ones that I deleted years ago.  Unbelievable!  My lucky day!   


Actually I heard from a good, trusted friend that apparently AOL was having issues with the links/URLs in favorites.  They tried to get to something and the page wouldn't load and when they went into edit mode it had the completely wrong URL and they hadn't changed it.  It appears to be back to normal now.  I wonder though, anyone else got favorites back that they know the removed?  


I will be spending time over the next few days clicking on each link in my favorites and seeing what works, what I need and cleaning out the riff raff.  Not that favorites caused the issue, but there are so many there and I bet half that I haven't touched in years.  LOL  and yes now even some I deleted years ago.   


Again, my lucky day.  Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket or two :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna
I'm glad this had a happy ending for you.  While you are buying lottery tickets, buy one for me, LOL!
Sam

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about us when you get rich and famous.  Take the laptop on trips.lol  Nice graphic.  TerryAnn.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news :)
Hugs, Maria

Anonymous said...

I had a problem with AOL last night.   it wouldn't allow me to click on links in my emails and would just freeze.  Hope it's better today!!  Sounds like you have fun planned going through your faves - how odd that they reappear like that!!

Anonymous said...

That is an interesting graphic!  I like it...  Glad you are getting things straightened out.  Linda

Anonymous said...

Donna Im so pleased things are working again for you ,what an amazing graphic today ,did you get an alert for me Im really getting to grips with things at last ............Jan xx