Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Not playing Martyr

      sickcreddy.gif


I got to bed fairly early last evening and set my alarm for this morning with all intentions of going into the office.  I got up and started my routine.  I had coffee and went through mail as I always do.  My throat was still a bit sore but it felt better than yesterday and I figured I would live through it.  I logged off to start the process of getting ready for work.  I ironed my clothes and headed toward the bathroom to shower.  It hit me like a ton of bricks.  I felt exhausted and queasy and my head was pounding.  I was hot and cold at the same time and thought I best stay home.  No need to play martyr.  Playing martyr was one of the reason I was in this mess.  Folks who come into work sick, coughing or more like hacking and constantly complaining they have a fever of over 100.  Why are you at work???  Helllooooo???  The rest of us do not need it, stay home!   


So with that in mind, I did just that.  I climbed back into bed and had more covers on me then I ever do.  I curled up in a ball and fell back to sleep.  Sound asleep and I think I stayed there until almost noon.  I got up, freshened up, threw on sweats and did absolutely nothing.  Slept on and off all day.  My fever broke at some point and I am feeling much better.  Good thing too, did you see the size of that needle?  The sparkle on the tip?  The smile on the nurses face?  No thank you!  I do have a bit of a cough, but the throat is better and I can swallow without wincing.   


Again, the weather isn't helping at all.  The temps are bouncing all over the place.  Low 30's high 50's.  Sun out, barely, and then chilly rain.  As far as I could tell, today the temperature got up to almost 60.  I did notice a bit of sunlight at one point but then the rain came and now it's back to the 30's.  I can hear the wind howl and the rain slap into the windows as it does.  I think I need a bubble or a mask to wear around to keep this crud away!   


If you are sick and have a fever, do us all a favor and stay home, please.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better real soon!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

I'm with you!  I told the reporter from the local paper NOT to come in for the press log.  Did the entire thing over the phone.  She sounded horrid and I didn't want to sound like her!  Hope you're feeling perkier tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I'm sick too :( me and the kiddos. I hope you feel better soon !!!

Peace & Blessings,
Poochie

Anonymous said...

Get well really soon! I will be thinking of you!!! Hug from the distance....don't want to catch what you've got ...LOL...Maria

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you are under the weather.  I hope you feel better real soon.  You are one of the smart ones ... you stayed home and in bed.  Get Well!  Pennie  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yes you stay home ,turn up the heat ,and cuddle down with your book ,the only important task for you to do is get yourself better !Drink lots .Yes thats a very appropriate graphic ,yes look at the needle ugh   with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well I wish you a speedy recovery from this nasty cold that has got you feeling crappy!!

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I agree, some of my staff come in coughing and sneezing. Not a good idea in a hospital where we have patients already ill and vulnerable.They'll complain when others take time off with the same symptons. Don't they realise they caught them off the ones who brought them in and spread them! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

I used to hate that when people would come into work sick as dogs but yet not wanting to miss out on a pay day.  Now we have the same problem in the schools, parents that won't allow their kids to stay home from school.  What's up with that?!  My kids stay home even if they have a HINT of getting sick.  I am not going to have them get worse while catching something else.  But, then again, I am a softy Mom, so they take full advantage.  I hope you are feeling better this morning!  Temps are doing crazy things here too.  HATE IT!  I want Winter!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I got a needle yesterday, got blood drawn with a big long needle and she practically threw it into my vein.  I kept thinking about for about a half hour after, gave me shivers...  Hope you are feeling better soon!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling much better today. I agree with you! When sick stay home and not spread germs to other people. Helen

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww sorry to hear you weren't feeling too good but at least you got a day off work ;-)  Love the graphic but don't like the look of that needle!!

Anonymous said...

Donna~Hope you feel better ASAP! Blessings, Sassy ;-)

Anonymous said...

h