Friday, August 25, 2006

...  have a great day! 

 

I've been so crazy busy here I forgot all about this picture.  The other morning I was getting ready for work and there was a helluva commotion outside.  I went to the window to see what was going on and to my amazement my backyard was covered in birds.  There had been a fairly heavy dew early on so no doubt these guys were out for breakfast.  Most were big black birds with a few robins mixed in.  Then I noticed this little fella on the roof of the garage next door.  I went to get my camera to try and get a shot.  I was in my bathrobe so there was no way I could actually go outside, my neighbor was already up and moving in his driveway.  Instead I went to the bathroom window.  Damn!  He was gone, I thought the racket the other gems 'scared' him off, but no he had just flown to the ground to join the party.  Well somewhat anyway, as he was a bit of a wall flower.  Off to the side in a garden area.  Of course, he wasn't were the beautiful flowers were, but rather near the edge. I took the shot anyway and was amazed when I got it on the computer.  I could see his eye!  'Here's looking at ya.'

 

This morning it is raining a bit so it's pretty quiet out there.  Only hear the splash of tires as cars drive by.  I hope the sun decides to come out.  I have a few errands to run after work and I really don't want to be running in and out through the rain drops. 

 

Enjoy :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hes a sweetie ,rather like the composition ,him in amongst the stones and boulders ..lovely Donna ,.,.,.,Janxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great pic!!

I might take up bird photography.....mind you, they'd all bloody fly off before I got any! lol!

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

That is such a pretty bird ~ wonder what it is ~ I love to watch the birds in my garden we have lots of little hedge sparrows this year many more than we had last year ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Very lovely pic of the bird...you have a knack with pics as such. I wish it would rain here in Ohio..it hasnt rained in ages.
HUGS,

lisa

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture hun of the bird ya caught.

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!  so cute!  hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty D!  I love bluebirds.  Hugs and GBU, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Very pretty picture, bluetits stand out a mile with their bright plumage
Guido

Anonymous said...

Pretty!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Great picture. That is a good shot from a window.

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful Donna, glad you didn't run outside in your bathrobe! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous Donna and you've taken the picture very well. Well done there. It looks absolutely gorgeous.  x x x

Anonymous said...

h