Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Odds and Ends

I swear I did this graphic before last nights episode, but had I thought about it I'd of used this one in my morning entry.  Yes, two days in a row I did a morning entry.  I was told journals and alerts were down earlier this morning, so if you missed it click 'back to journal' ^------- up there and you will see it.  Be ready for the heebie jeebies though. 

 

Not sure if you heard the buzz today, but apparently the article I posted the other day about AOL for some was going free is true.  John posted about it.  I read the comments left and there are still a ton of questions out there.  It doesn't say if you will still have access to your journal, and someone posted they called and there is no tech support if you go free.  Now tech support is not something I'd brag about if I were AOL, but it might be needed.  Will the ads increase?  Will they increase for all?  What about that pay for spam?  It was only just announced so I am sure things will be clarified shortly.   What about the folks who just changed their billing plan?  So many questions and very few answers so far.

 

I've been a wild woman with graphics so stay tuned.  I promise if you requested something from my tag journal I will get them in the next day or so.  I had a glitch with email today.  Apparently one of the groups I am in changed the rules and instead of it being just one person sharing graphics it became a 'send all' over night.  I got home from work today and I had over 500 pieces of mail.  It used to be that you had a limit of 500 so I was a bit pissed that some might have been bounced.  It took me a bit to get through the crap I needed to delete and then get through actual mail.  I will be cruising by your place soon, I promise!  I just didn't have time tonight, and now I'm my brain is fried.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that pic is beautiful!!

HOW on earth do you make these things?

I wanna make some for mine....I need some good ones with my name on for the end of my journal entries I think.

When you have time, if you could instruct me on what I need, that would be AWESOME, but no worries if not as I know you're a busy lady.....what with dodging Batman and stuff....lol!

Lv Ste
xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/stevietwain/ThelifeofSte/

Anonymous said...

Awesome graphic!!
Yes, it is not a rumor aol is going free; it's a fact. Should you have another ISP you will have most the features of aol other than tech support but you don't have that now anyway. Even if you're lucky enough to get someone who speaks  English, the person is always stupid and doesn't know the answers; they just transfer you around letting you know how sorry they are - and indeed they are a sorry lot!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I love that graphic...it is so awesome...I do hope that I can one day learn that....I was just reading the aol free stuff....now am wondering..i justed switched to high speed and the only reason I had agreed to pay aol was to have journals...so...wonder if I can still keep a journal and have free aol...and ofcourse I love the aol screen too...I hate explorer...I have such a hard time reading mails with them when I go through them to get to aol...so i just hit my aol button and sign on that way....any how you can tell i dont' know too much about nothing...lol...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

Three years I assumed they had been around longer ,I have been posting nearly a year now I have still alot to learn, but I feel comfortable with the way things are at the moment ,you have made my journal a brighter place along with the other clever ladies,and you explained to me how to store and add graphics remember ? I thankyou ........ Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Dianna sent me the page about free AOL. Haven't got time to read it properly yet! I love that graphic, I got a good shot of the moon last night! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful graphic. I just heard about aol "going free". Then how are they going to afford to provide the service?  Something does not sound right to me, you get nothing for free in this world.

Anonymous said...

i dont understand this AOL going free thing at all so i will read your updates.
You say it plainly for dummies like me.
love,lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

lovely graphic! hugggggs
love,nat