Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Good Morning!!

Yes it's a bit odd that I do an entry early in the morning during the week.  I'm usually too tired and just trying to wake up enough to get myself ready for work.  This morning I was up at 5:30 am.  No, not because I heard the flapping of wings, but because it was hot!  I mean hot, hot, hot!  The sun is barely up and it is 82 degrees.  They've been warning us of this, but since when is the weatherman right?

 

I'm not kidding when I say warning.  There are trailers on the TV about the temps being in the mid 90's with a heat index of 105-110.  A heat advisory is in effect.  A bit different then the lake effect warning we are use to.  Summer school sessions are canceled, and hints and tips on how to beat the heat are being broadcast regularly. 

 

I know how I'm beating the heat.  :::giggle:::  I took a 2 hour pass today so I will be out of work at about 2.  I will be coming home only to get my swimming suit and dinner.  We will be taking hamburgers and salad to my sister Pat's and spending the afternoon floating in her pool.  A good pay off I think.  I also think I will be eating dinner in her kitchen with the a/c!!  Beating the heat!!

 

Stay cool out there and drink plenty of water.  Let's hope the power grids don't go down and put us in a black out because of the electricity use.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep it is 62 right now at 6a.m.  I would not be up but Billy has a dental appointment at 7 a.m.  it is a punishment because I missed the last one...and boy I wont do that again if i can help it...oh wait I couldn't help it the last time...glad to see that your blood didn't get drank and you are alright..LOL...hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have it all worked out to beat the heat! I hope you'll stay cool and have a great day with your sister! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice day and stay cool.
Dianna

Anonymous said...

huggs sounds likea great plan! love,nat

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

It is so crazy to see the rest of the country hotter than FL!  We have the cooler temps.
~*~Carolyn~*~